Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:35:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack the Reaper
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 76
Print
Author Topic: Jack the Reaper  (Read 331894 times)
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »

That sounds good to me. I hope everyone looks forward to finding them in the game. Once you're playing through it for real, you'll know exactly where these are.

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 11, 2013, 10:36:52 PM »

Your making it in game maker?
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: January 11, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »

Yes I am

godsavant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: January 15, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »

A Cutter enemy? Does this mean each power will have avatar as a summon-able minion and/or mini-boss?

I'm so pumped.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: January 15, 2013, 10:33:55 PM »

That's exactly what it means. I've made 4 out of 10 so far.

Conker534
« Reply #445 on: February 07, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »

This is the coolest game
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: February 08, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »

Wow, thanks! I honestly thought everyone on this site had just forgotten about it by now.
Here, have a screenshot of some current progress, I guess.

necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: February 08, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »

God that background looks so cool.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: February 09, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »

Thank you, I appreciate it! I worked on that for a while, for sure

siskavard
« Reply #449 on: February 09, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »

I just played through the demo & I'm absolutely blown away by this game so far. You really nailed the SNES era feel.

Excellent work!!
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: February 09, 2013, 03:09:45 PM »

What a fantastic game. Epileptic

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2013, 03:10:56 AM »

I just played through the demo & I'm absolutely blown away by this game so far. You really nailed the SNES era feel.

Excellent work!!
Thank you very much! Maybe I should release another demo sometime soon, seeing as the most recent one is quite old and doesn't have as many things in it as the current game. I still appreciate that you think it has the SNES era feel.

What a fantastic game. Epileptic
Wow, thank you! Same to you in regards to Life+, letsap. keep up the great work!

Also, why not have another cutscene screenshot

Conker534
« Reply #452 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »

This game is rad
pixhead
« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »

This is one of the devlogs I've been following for a long ass time. I love how far this project has come, great work man!
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:17 PM »

Thank you, everyone. I'm sorry that I don't have much I can actually post, since it's all secret stuff. I suppose I could make some sort of cropped screenshot so as not to spoil too much, just so I can actually put up some new images.

letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: February 12, 2013, 04:03:57 AM »

Oh man you complimented my game. Crazy

Also! Some feedback since it's in the feedback forum and I want this game to be ace:

Things like this make it difficult to tell what you can jump on. It's easier up in the treetops where everything is straight on perspective, but on the lower levels it can be jarring when you run into them.

As far as new images, don't worry so much! You've given out a prototype, that's amazing. Some old scrapped stuff is always fun to show off if you really want to, though.

Just curious - How are you making the sound effects? They're fantastic.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: February 12, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »

Of course I did, your game is looking very impressive so far, especially with the overhaul you did on it. Keep up the good work!

And yes, I really enjoy feedback, and use it as much as I can to improve my game.

Oh wow, thank you for pointing that out to me, you're right! That's an early stage, of course, so I must have absentmindedly put the tiles in the background like that and didn't realize it as I worked through the game. I'll fix that immediately.
If you find any more instances of that happening, please don't hesitate to notify me.

Just curious - How are you making the sound effects? They're fantastic.

I don't know if it's come across yet, but I prefer making things from scratch (to the extent possible), as opposed to using pre-made things.
I'm making the sound effects using snes instrument samples and Pixeltone Collage.
I usually take a percussion sample or something with a pop to it, and then put pixeltone at 400bpm, then I make the sound effect using the percussion played very rapidly/slowly/pitch-shifted or however I need it to sound for whatever sound effect I'm going for. most of the time I also add some secondary instruments as well, to round out the sound, like some bass underneath the explosion sound effects, and so on.
Another technique is to use white noise in clever ways, sped up/slowed/rapid taps/etc.

I figured that's how they made all the sound effects in the SNES days (did you notice the "bomb exploding" sound effect in Zelda LTTP is just the drum sound effect played very slowly?) , so I'd do it for my game, too.

Thank you again for your input. I'll try and see what images/scans I can find to at least keep this devlog visually interesting as opposed to just text, which I'm sure not many people enjoy.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: March 04, 2013, 04:37:10 AM »

Finally, here's something I can show since it's not bonus-related. I just got finished adding in a few new minibosses/cutscenes. Then, a few hours ago I started work on this stage. More to show later, I suppose.
It turns out pine trees are very easy to pixel.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: March 05, 2013, 01:39:31 AM »

The new level is now populated with enemies.

Conker534
« Reply #459 on: March 11, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »

LOVE
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 76
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic