Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:47:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe A.Typical RPG Released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The A.Typical RPG Released!  (Read 4857 times)
Arvind
Level 0

Cheesy motivational one-liner goes here.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »

It's done! The game is finally released!

What game, you ask? Why, The A.Typical RPG of course! What other game has everyday situations, tactical RPG gameplay, cartoony hand drawn art, branching storyline and a sense of humor in a strange town called whatever-this-place-is-ville? Hint: None.

You can watch the trailer for the game at either

or

! And here's an image gallery of in-game screens!

Download the (new) Demo here!

Buy the game from Desura, or our fancy web store!

The game comes in 2 editions, the normal edition ($2.99), and the Extra Cheese With Lightning Bolts Edition ($4.99). More details in this FAQ.

Our website is at http://pyrodactyl.com/
Follow us on twitter at @pyrodactylgames and @atypicalrpg

I'd love to hear what you think about the game! Please email or PM me if you want to ask anything  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:48:34 AM by arvindrajayadav » Logged

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »

Looks better than Bob's Game already.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 10:19:44 PM »

Looks cute!

But...

It also looks like you registered just to pimp your game. You only have two posts, and they are redundant (one here, one in the devlogs section, both promo posts for your game). Why didn't you roll this trailer stuff into your devlogs post? Why no introduction in the proper thread, or feedback left for other games? It doesn't reflect well on you, especially when you say that you've been lurking for a while. TIGS is not very tolerant of promotional posts if the person in question is brand new.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »

Obviously the post is just designed to look like a blatant self-promotional post. In actuality, it's an encrypted set of paragraphs that convey something completely different to someone in a particular place who's waiting for the green light for their black op. "Tell" keywords are "pyro", "strange town", "tactical", "musketeers", "slay the...king", and "demo".

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 06:49:02 AM »

@Dragonmaw :

I agree, I don't comment on the forums much. My friend, who is a regular (or atleast says he is)was supposed to post this lost his password and then somehow managed to lock himself out of the forums as well. I would be more regular here, but I honestly can't find the time between college and programming the game.

I'm sorry if this post is inappropriate or in the wrong section, since I just thought this was more of an announcement than a devlog. Please tell me the correct sub-forum to post it in if that's the case.  Smiley

@starstrift : You are clearly on to something. Have you thought of checking up on the curator of the Louvre recently? Nice chap, by all accounts  Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:55:54 AM by arvindrajayadav » Logged

Lez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 08:57:53 AM »

Yea my bad, managed to lock my self out of my account. I was going to update the devlog post but arvind didnt have access to edit my post so he went ahead and made a new topic in announcements, it wont happen again.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »

It was actually originally in Indie Games, haha.

It's all cool, I'm just warning you, since promo posts are a bit controversial. Might I suggest cruising through feedback and leaving some comments?
Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 08:36:04 PM »

Sure thing Smiley This is my first thread that has got any replies, so it's a positive start Wink

Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:43:54 AM »

Thank You! I hope the game doesn't disappoint you Smiley

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 07:37:33 PM »

Wow, the trailer looks absolutely positively awesome! If the demo plays well, you can mark down one pre-order! (By the way sir, you've quite a fine taste of humor. I actually stopped the video all the time to read the dialogue.)

Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 12:57:09 PM »

Wow, the trailer looks absolutely positively awesome! If the demo plays well, you can mark down one pre-order! (By the way sir, you've quite a fine taste of humor. I actually stopped the video all the time to read the dialogue.)

Thank you! The demo is out now, I am updating the post as I write this.

Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »

Update : Added demo and pre-order info to top post.

The demo is a WIP slice of the game with completely different dialog and a new scenario not seen in the trailer.

In case this demo doesn't convince you, I'll also be releasing Part 2 of the demo saga later this month.

Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 02:49:39 AM »

Updated and bumped for release. Please let me know what you think about the game Smiley

floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 01:04:28 AM »

Updated and bumped for release. Please let me know what you think about the game Smiley

good choice with Fastspring, they were very good for us with Excruciating Guitar Voyage.

looking forward to playing after breakfast, downloading now!
Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 03:57:36 AM »

good choice with Fastspring, they were very good for us with Excruciating Guitar Voyage.

looking forward to playing after breakfast, downloading now!

Thanks! I would always appreciate a store that helps during an excruciating guitar voyage Wink
So far I have no complaints Smiley

kibertoad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 10:05:18 AM »

Nice game, but feels kinda short. Is there an expansion planned?..
Arvind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 12:56:08 PM »

Nice game, but feels kinda short. Is there an expansion planned?..

The ECWLB edition will feature certain scenarios I wanted to add but couldn't because of lack of time/resources. Think of it as a "deleted scenes" type thing.

As for a full sequel, I plan to keep on making games, so you certainly haven't seen the last of Pyrodactyl Wink But I'm not thinking that far just yet Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic