Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:44:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Dungeonesque - Hero Vs. Dungeon [Playable v0.1]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Dungeonesque - Hero Vs. Dungeon [Playable v0.1]  (Read 13746 times)
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 10:57:37 PM »

That's the dungeonmaster and hero screens side by side?

So shiny! :D

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 05:01:46 AM »

That's the dungeonmaster and hero screens side by side?

So shiny! :D

T_T I saw that someone commented and I though that a beta was out.
 Beg

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 05:06:01 AM »

Well, hello there!

Decided I'd given too much love to the Hero, so the DM's getting upgrades today.

Once they are implemented properly (one trap and one loot box) I'll wind up the first release; at that point you'll have a flavour of both sides, I think. I promise, soon! Soon!

Games By ANGELINA - Games designed by artificial intelligence!
Cut Garnet Games - Games designed by me!
FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 05:49:44 AM »

Got bored, designed a logo. Check the OP.

A friend has pointed out that an early beta release isn't really test-able without death/endgame mechanics so I'm deferring it until I've got those in.

rszrama
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »

Project looks awesome! Keep up the good work.  Smiley

I game as Scarvye. I blog roguelikes / indie games as a Rogue Wombat
Destral
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 06:54:36 AM »

Nice logo Smiley

FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

Am bundling up and uploading a Windows and a Mac version as we speak, for release in a few hours. Smiley Requires Hamachi to play, also included a 'local' version (it won't make sense to do it 2-player, but you can play against yourself to see how the two sides work).

Buggy and not fully-featured, but definitely a V. 0.1!

FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »

Version 0.1 is here!

.love (all platforms, requires Love)
Windows
Mac

Quickstart Guide
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:31:47 PM by FinalSin » Logged

FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »

The download links aren't working, so I'm updating them now.

FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »

Based on current feedback, the next version looks like it'll have this:

Changes
The game will be turn-based entirely, to see what effect that has. The DM can only place one item per turn, and then has to wait for the Hero to move.
Mana is regained at a fixed rate per turn. This rate may be increasable by certain actions/items, we'll have to see.

Additions
Skills will be usable for the three main classes.
Traps will work (invisible to the Wizard and Hero)
The maps will be generated with rooms and corridors, and pre-placed loot possibly.

umezono
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »

Turn-based is the way to go here.

Also, cannot wait for multiplayer capability. This reminds me almost of FLS, an (almost) turn based game by a friend of mine (Colton). It was sort of what you have here, with the whole tower defense element vs. the other player conducting an assault. Only difference was rather than setting traps you would send units out.

It worked great with online capability, which is why this game will go places once it attains it.
sepharoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »

Mana is regained at a fixed rate per turn. This rate may be increasable by certain actions/items, we'll have to see.
Why not have the dungeonmaster play generator defense? The maps could be built around "mana pools" or something that are used to generate mana, could boost the player's own skills or something if he manages to get to them.
That way the game would have more of a clear cut ending for the player himself, get to all of the mana pools! Also, setting up a more linear path would allow the dungeon master to spend the match building up his defenses for his last few mana pools, whilst making the front mana pools delay the player as much as possible.
The player/dungeonmaster would have a nice balance: more mana pools you claim from the dungeon master, the more powerful you get, but, the longer it takes for you to get to the back mana pools the harder they become.

Just an idea.

umezono
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »

Why not have the dungeonmaster play generator defense? The maps could be built around "mana pools" or something that are used to generate mana, could boost the player's own skills or something if he manages to get to them.
That way the game would have more of a clear cut ending for the player himself, get to all of the mana pools! Also, setting up a more linear path would allow the dungeon master to spend the match building up his defenses for his last few mana pools, whilst making the front mana pools delay the player as much as possible.
The player/dungeonmaster would have a nice balance: more mana pools you claim from the dungeon master, the more powerful you get, but, the longer it takes for you to get to the back mana pools the harder they become.

Just an idea.
I'm liking the idea of gen defense, really adds a strategy element to the overall goal of the game. But it would make the DM's work that much harder. So it could go both ways.
FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

The turn-based DM thing is so obvious now we've played it out: otherwise the Hero gets a chance to run away with the game before the DM can react.

The next version will replace my random-scatter map generation with proper, Roguelike mapgen with corridors and rooms. Smiley It might even manage to give some proper enemy AI too so they don't just randomly wander around.

Thanks for the feedback! Just so you know, umezono, multiplayer is working but only in a sketchy way - you need Hamachi and a willing friend, but it does work. Tongue

sepharoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 03:31:10 PM »

I'm liking the idea of gen defense, really adds a strategy element to the overall goal of the game. But it would make the DM's work that much harder. So it could go both ways.
It'll make the player's movement much much more predictable, so it might be easier for the dungeonmaster in some ways.
This would also give the game potential to be more sophisticated, as traps and skills can be geared towards mana pool defense/destruction.
Also, it would make the dungeonmaster feel more frantic right from the get-go, he'll be building his back manapools with his spare turns.

FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 06:00:45 AM »

Progress report! We're now entirely turn-based. I'm adding in more information for bother players (on the health/level of their opponents) and seriously considering adding multi-hero support. I'm also adding skills in.

THere will be  at least one release before the VERSUS deadline but the game won't be truly 'finished' until after then so I'll migrate it to its own thread somewhere else. Smiley

Destral
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 08:38:24 AM »

Progress report! We're now entirely turn-based. I'm adding in more information for bother players (on the health/level of their opponents) and seriously considering adding multi-hero support. I'm also adding skills in.

THere will be  at least one release before the VERSUS deadline but the game won't be truly 'finished' until after then so I'll migrate it to its own thread somewhere else. Smiley

Do eet!  Kiss

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »

Addicted this is my excited face
FinalSin
Level 1

Too bad they lose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 11:35:12 AM »

This is still going on! Almost all the skills are implemented for the Hero classes, and I've added in the SFX tab for the DM:

Don't expect great things, but do expect a stable release in about a week's time, with more features and better gameplay.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »

This is one of the most interesting games so far, and it seems like it's gonna be a fun romp. Keep up the great work!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic