Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 01:24:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIncursion
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 2644 times)
Kisguri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:37:16 AM »

Their Plan is In Motion....

Incursion 01:50 Hours Downed UFO and biologicals Salvaged and place upon transport enroute for SWG (Secret World Government) Island research Base, Commander you mission upon receipt of these materials is to reverse engineer as many possible technologies while defending your research efforts from Alien Incursion, Intel suggests Alien presence increasing. Be prepared for the likely hood of retrieval attempts of the downed UFO, defend this project at all costs.....

Incursion, A new game in development from Gamesare Studios is a blend of arcade classic gameplay like Missile command, mixed with research, resource management, Base building and the occasional squad Turn Based strategic "Crash Site" Missions. In addition we are attempting to fill the game as much "Factual" facts and information as it were, to include unlockable Top Secret Files detailing real person accounts of UFO sightings and encounters...

The goal of the game to A. be tons of fun and B. make players sit back and wonder if UFO's, Conspiracies, and Secret Governments are real or not!

I have been working on Incursion in between paid work off and on for the last two years. The idea for the game started when my business partner introduced me to the "Conspiracy" episodes of the X-Files. I kinda missed most of the show during my tour in the Marine Corps and lack of cable or a good antenna. I instantly fell in love with the 60+ episodes dedicated to the myth of UFO's and government conspiracies as Mulder attempts to locate his sister who was abducted when he was young.

So it inspired me to create this little game, In Incursion the original intent was to have a arcade like game where during the "Day Phase" you select research categories to unlock technologies in the form of power generation buildings, Offensive and Defensive systems. Then with the new techs place new structures on your island's tarmac to build a defense for the "Night Phase" of the game where the "Greys" comeback to attempt to retrieve the UFO... Over the two years the game has grown a bit and scope and I am fairly proud of the product as it nears completion....

In it's Current form gameplay flows in the following manner, The game starts with a small briefing outlining your squad based mission to recover a downed UFO in western Canada, this launches the Shining Forcesque Engine where you move your four spec op troops and attack the "Greys" in Turn Based Combat. if the player is successful in subduing the "Undesirables" then you will move to the main portion of the game, the crashed UFO is shipped out to the island via Cargo ship...

Once you have entered the island mode which is the main focus of the game you will be functioning in day and night phases as described before, In the day Researching techs and setting up your defenses and and at Night using your technology to repel the enemy forces from reclaiming their Derelict Crafts. Also during gameplay you will encounter several mini games that will provide extra stats, resources or research points, Each crashed UFO represents X amount of research points, once expended you have completed all possible reverse engineering on that craft, one mini game allows you to shoot down high altitude UFO's and if they crash over land then you can launch another recovery mission, if successful you can continue your research program..

Currently their are about 16 unlockable buildings and over 50 different techs that will effect you bases performance. These buildings will fall under one of four categories, Offensive, Defensive, Misc and Power. Placement of which building and where will determine your bases effectiveness, each building has different sizes and shapes which come into play in determining how to best use your limited real estate. One of the most important things you need to do during game play is maintain power coverage over you base and if during combat the Attackers eliminate some of your power plants then all your bases energy based faculties will cease to function and buildings like traditional Powder based munitions turret will not spin, So protect the power plants, Special buildings like the battery tower can be unlocked, The Battery tower will kick in and spread load its charge to the power grid encase of a power failure.

Teaser Trailer

We plan to have a more public-ish beta that we hope to test here as soon as we complete bug hunting in build 84, I want to make sure what ever we showcase here is to a certain standard. So I hope you once we post it folks can give us a once over and tell us what you think, In the mean time check out the Trailer above...

hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:49:17 PM »

Ooh, i think i have to watch this one. I love the old tactics game UFO, and adding missile command style elements is an excellent idea.

btw: there is another game with the name incursion already http://www.incursion-roguelike.net/ - but that one is a roguelike, so there's not much chance of confusing the two anyway.

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 11:48:57 PM »

Wow! Screenshots are nize Smiley

Kisguri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:20:21 AM »

I have posted a new video on youtube showing some new footage of the WIP on Incursion, . Still A lot to do, but we wanted to show you some of the progress, This video includes some footage of the developing Tactical Turnbased Recovery Missions, a Attack on a Grey "Tributator" as well as some other tidbits, We would love your comments, And If you haven't subscribed yet to us on youtube, We would love it if you did!

I promise to have a Playtest soon for the fine folks at Tigsource, But I just want to make sure I can cross as many T's and dot those i's as best as possible before submitting it to your judgment!

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:09:47 AM »

Wow, video's looking extremely sweet, very polished! Do keep us posted, especially when a beta is available.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:07 AM »

You'll want to find a new name, first of all. There's already a fairly large freeware Roguelike game called Incursion out there already.
Kisguri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »

Unfortunately I have been using this name for over 3 years of the project, so I quess their will be two games with this name out their! And I appreciate the Positive comments, I actually looking forward to you guys playing it and giving me your expert opinons...!

increpare
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 09:56:56 AM »

This videos makes the game look a fair bit more substantial.  Still not totally appealing to me, but I'm beginning to see more its potential.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic