Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:20:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTract: A Game Of Obese Proportions - Original Topic (close this please)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Tract: A Game Of Obese Proportions - Original Topic (close this please)  (Read 16853 times)
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »

Letting go of the jump button before the character reaches the peak of its jump makes it suddenly begin to drop.
I don't know if that's a glitch.
It's kind of a standard in platformers. Same deal in Mario/Metroid/Megaman/etcetera.

Theres a difference between variable-height jumps, and simply like, beginning to go downward suddenly when you let go of jump.

the immediate change in velocity is off-putting and awkward.

its a small detail, but its the reason he picked it up as an error, and not a platforming staple.
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 05:15:27 PM »

it's indeed unintended and will be fixed in engine test 3.

don't look for these to exactly be programming gems. i'm not that good anyway, but i'm better than these tests show. rest assured this is not representative of the quality of the final game.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 08:00:15 PM »

I thought there could also be a section of the intestines where other babies have died. Their ghosts now populate the tract and will attack you to steal your body and escape their accursed resting place. If one of them hits you, it knocks your soul out of your body, and your body runs away, controlled by the ghost. You have to chase your body and take it back before the ghost escapes.

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 04:52:12 PM »

ohai goys

just droppin by to say i'm still working on it, actually i'm working on a complete engine rewrite to allow for less... glitch.... ness. thing. yeah.

also, chutup, you've got great ideas, and I'll try to implement all of them. (no guarantees.)

EDIT: ohai rewrite here

http://tract.isamedia.org/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 08:53:06 AM by Zachary Hinchliffe » Logged
medieval
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »

Now that's more awesomesauce than the previous tests you made
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 12:56:46 PM »

It broke when I jumped around that round thing. Then I couldn't jump again Sad

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:36:26 AM »

UPDATED! Check first post.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 07:27:11 PM »

the holding of the button for the walkage of the baby is totally unworking and antiproductive to the act of the walking of the baby. definitely toggle that.

if the jumping while beneath blocks is prevented when said blocks are in the state of being directly above the head in any amount of direct aboveness of the head, said blocks should have flat bottoms, as it is confusing when one cannot find oneself in the state of jumping when beneath a surface when a possible state of jumping seems shouldly possible.

graphical improvement get! shapely turnout, yes? quite progressy.

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 04:27:09 AM »

the holding of the button for the walkage of the baby is totally unworking and antiproductive to the act of the walking of the baby. definitely toggle that.

if the jumping while beneath blocks is prevented when said blocks are in the state of being directly above the head in any amount of direct aboveness of the head, said blocks should have flat bottoms, as it is confusing when one cannot find oneself in the state of jumping when beneath a surface when a possible state of jumping seems shouldly possible.

will fix. EDIT: Fixed. Download the latest source copy at tractgame.googlecode.com or play it at tract.isamedia.org.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 05:15:02 AM by Zachary Hinchliffe » Logged
Aram
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 09:53:18 PM »

I actually liked the style of the early concept image of the game more than the retro styled newer one. Don't get me wrong, I like pixels, but the baby just had a lot more character in the early image.

wait wait
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 04:53:45 AM »

I actually liked the style of the early concept image of the game more than the retro styled newer one. Don't get me wrong, I like pixels, but the baby just had a lot more character in the early image.

i actually agree. what i'm probably gonna do is scale the pixels down by a factor of 2 so the resolution is doubled, allowing for higher-res sprites with more personality, ala this image:

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 09:30:48 AM »

hey guys, just dropping by to say that this project ISN'T dead, it's just on the backburner. I'm having a bit of a money crisis at the moment causing all the projects that don't make me any money (read: most of them) to take a back seat to the few things that allow me to earn a bit of cash. sorry, but Tract will be back eventually!
increpare
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »

sorry, but Tract will be back eventually!
We await the occasion of its regurgitation with giddy anticipation.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 03:44:11 AM »

Hmmm. Which projects do make you money? And how can I participate as a consumer in this business transaction?

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »

The Adventures Of! - it's a cartoon of mine. I'm going to start putting exclusive episodes for cheap (like $1.99 maybe?) on a premium site.

Key to Adventure - it's a game. the gaming site WiiCade sponsors me for each episode of this series, plus i'm going to be putting up level packs and "HD" graphics upgrades for cheap on aforementioned premium site.

Nifty Adventure - pseudosequel to Nifty and More Nifty with Metroidvania platform adventure elements. this will be my first commercial game, although probably for cheap ($3-$5).
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »

alright guys. I haven't really been working much on the aforementioned Key to Adventure and Nifty Adventure, although I have done some more work on the money-making aspect of The Adventures Of!, but whatever.

point is: i've been working a lot at my dad's construction job and I'm finally out of my money crisis (which was my website almost getting shut down, then getting my laptop repaired) and as soon as lappy gets back from the repair shop, I'm ready to start this again!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic