Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 10:54:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLOVE! (Starring Maily McMailerson) -- now accepting suggestions for v1.1!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: LOVE! (Starring Maily McMailerson) -- now accepting suggestions for v1.1!  (Read 5990 times)
Brian Wilbur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »

Doesn't GM support .ogg or .mp3?  Or are they already compressed?

It does. I compressed them, but they were still a pretty decent size each. Now that you mention it, however, compressing them to even lower quality probably would not have been a bad idea. I will have to look into it -- no harm in writing over the build that's up there.

ink.inc
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »

Yeah, 80 MB is an egregious amount of space to be reserved to sound.

On a side note, have you heard of Supersound.dll? It enables you to play .ogg files (GM does not[ support them natively), and it also forces you to store your music externally (which on the plus side cuts down your initial startup time by a huge amount, as supersound enables you to load and unload .oggs into memory as needed).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:36:27 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
Brian Wilbur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »

Yeah, 80 MB is an egregious amount of space to be reserved to sound.

On a side note, have you heard of Supersound.dll? It enables you to play .ogg files (GM does not[ support them natively), and it also forces you to store your music externally (which on the plus side cuts down your initial startup time by a huge amount, as supersound enables you to load and unload .oggs into memory as needed).

I'm actually using supersound in the project for one or two of the sound effects. Unfortunately, by the time I realized "crap, I should be using supersound for MUSIC, too!" it was too late...

The newest file is about 65MB, so the music is taking up about half as much space. Still a bit too much, though. Thank you for the advice!

Brian Wilbur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »

Hi all --

After careful consideration and the critique of many in other venues besides this one, Team LOVE! has decided to put together a re-release version of LOVE!

We would like to know what you, as a community, would like to see in this game -- we'd like to consider each and every idea and, if we like it, we'd like to implement it as well. We feel that we were working with a concept that could go from "eh" to "good" with some tweaks of already-existing features, and we'd like to know what you think those features are.

Feel free to put out any and all critiques and tweaks that you would like to see implemented in this game, and we will do our best to implement them.

Thanks!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic