Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:14:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallI hate Pong and I have no Friends
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I hate Pong and I have no Friends  (Read 1408 times)
AlexKalopsia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to show you " I hate Pong and I have no Friends", a simple but (i hope) addicting game made on GM8.

Pong can be considered one of the most intuitive games ever made. I always looked at it with a lot of respect, but there’s a thing I never tolerated about it: the ‘waiting part’. I hate waiting for the IA moves…it just makes me nervous.

Here comes the idea of making a sigle-player game similar to Pong, without any kind of opponent.

The goal is to make as much rebounds between the five pads. Here’s a quick explenation of how it works:

With Left-key and Right-key you move all the five pads. Make as much rebounds as possible without losing the ball.

To make the game a bit more challenging, after some rebounds, a fake ball appears on the screen, trying to confuse you.

Just a simple game, really quick and fun to play. Hope you enjoy and beat my actual record (31) -.-

You can download it from my website: http://www.alexcamilleri.com/games/i-hate-pong-and-i-have-no-friends

Thanks for your support Smiley

Beaker
Level 0

Mathematically In(s)ane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »

My record is 9 Sad.

It feels more like a puzzle game than an arcade game really: you have to figure out which way to move the paddles for the next hit, and it follows (roughly) the same pattern.  I would suggest being able to use the mouse, but its speed would probably break the entire idea behind the mechanic :S.   
AlexKalopsia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »

Yeah, I wasn't sure about Arcade, but Puzzle is too much I think...

And for the mouse thing, you gave the right answer Smiley

umezono
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

I don't think it evokes any sort of "puzzle" feel. It's still squarely arcade in my book, but it's really all semantics to me.

My record's 5  Cool
AlexKalopsia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:44:01 AM »

Lol it's a bit tricky the first times, but once you understand where to go, it gets interesting i think  Epileptic

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic