Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:55:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfolios(witty title mentioning the numerous other musicians offering services)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: (witty title mentioning the numerous other musicians offering services)  (Read 1647 times)
chromastar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:43:52 PM »

Hey folks Gentleman I'm not a professional (although I have a professional attitude), I'm not college educated, and I don't have an insanely amazing portfolio. I'm a hobby musician who just happens to love games.

I've always wanted to have a part in making games, and since I'm still in the process of learning how to program, I figure I can always throw my musical talents into the pot (I can write and worldbuild too!). I've never composed for games - I'll say that up front - but I know there are many folks here who have also never made a game before and who would probably love to work with someone with the same amount of in-experience (is that even a word? I guess it is now!)

Some information about me: I've been tinkering with music since 2001. Nothing ever really serious. I play a few instruments, but mostly just do the computer thing these days. I'm running Ableton Suite 8 and Reason 5 + Record through an M-Audio Fast Track and mixing with Shure SRH840 monitor headphones.

But who cares what gear I've got, right? You can have the best set of golf clubs in the world, but that doesn't make you a good golfer.

Here's some links to my work:

www.myspace.com/homeworldmusic - My little experiment with chiptunes from back in 2005-2006ish, back in high school. The mastering is terrible, I've gotten a lot better at that.

soundcloud.com/chromastar - this is where I put all of my stuff now. Those four that are up are pretty much my mood lately. Been listening to too much netlabel music, too much C418, and too much bad loop. I'm going to try my hand at d'n'b and house and all that pretty soon.

Anyway, if you're feeling experimental or just want to shoot the shit, I'm a regular on #tigIRC and I'm always on AIM!

Thanks!

brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:13:06 PM »

I enjoyed your tracks, especially "sakura".  Really chilled out.  I hope you find someone to work with!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic