Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:21:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSISEON° - First Playable
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: SISEON° - First Playable  (Read 8268 times)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »

Are the small floating red orbs just an ambient particle effect?
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 01:13:22 PM »

yes  : )

To help you see what's going on in the screenshots. Try to see the gross stuff as a digestive system and the blue watery area like lungs Smiley

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 08:16:52 PM »

I am so happy with this game WTF I can't wait for the first playable t be ready  Crazy

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 10:22:04 AM »

50%

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:07:50 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »

Added a little UI
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:24:54 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 02:02:43 PM »

60%

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:22:30 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »

I am so excited for this Tiger

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »

You can try it out now  Big Laff

OS X | WIN

XXIIVV

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 04:05:27 PM »

Fantastic. That was absolutely fantastic.

Although is that room with the window that says SISEON on the wall the farthest you can go? (the first screenshot in your last post). I explored around for a while after that but couldn't really find anything else.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »

I followed the path for a short time, and then saw an opening above and climbed through and just... kept going. And there was more and more and more.

Very, very cool stuff. Can't wait to see the final product.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
AndrewFM
Level 2

whoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »

Oh man, this has a great sense of exploration. Kiss The environment is massive, and your powers give you full freedom to explore it any way you want. It took me a good hour to get to the end, simply because I kept jumping off the beaten path every couple seconds. Every little thing was just too tempting... I had to explore it all.

Only change I would make, is to tone down the lighting when you get close to a wall. It's too overpowering, and if there's something written on the wall, it makes it impossible to look at it up close.

To sum up my thoughts so far...

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 08:59:52 PM »

Thanks for your nice comments ^^ This is a fun project, there are a lot of hidden areas Smiley Did you find the DNA string ?

Although is that room with the window that says SISEON on the wall the farthest you can go?

Yes, for now. I will try to build higher and add a soundtrack now Smiley

Only change I would make, is to tone down the lighting when you get close to a wall. It's too overpowering, and if there's something written on the wall, it makes it impossible to look at it up close.

I noticed too, I will fix that :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:06:47 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »

One of the most interesting moments was when I found the blue light.
Climbed onto one of the huge veins that ran out into the white crystal formation and... just followed it. A long, long, long, long way, until I came full circle, I think. And then I realized I was behind the world, so to speak. Keep adding more secrets, it was a strangely compelling moment Smiley

A bit of a bug: I walked into the glass/semitransparent wall of the metal hallway, and got stuck until I fell out.

Also, I tried to translate the Traumae, but it was tricky. And the guide for the older iteration of the font isn't there anymore.

AUST
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »

I noticed the bug, thanks for pointing it out. I will fix them collisions  Beer! !!

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »

Added R to retry
Added ESC to quit

--

AndrewFM lol, you jumped on the white crystals !!! just noticed  Wizard

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »

I found it a bit uncomfortable that you limited the ability to look up/down so much.

I would have liked to be able to look up and down and all around me.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 10:05:28 PM »

Ah right, this build had this mistake, it was not meant to be so limited. Fixed  Screamy  Facepalm

Damn making revisions is so easy when the app is 8mb haha.  WTF

XXIIVV

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 10:06:48 PM »

I love your HUD to much  Kiss

I managed to wander into a void and fell.

And I just kept falling...

Don't know if you intended to have the player manually retry went that happened.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 12:34:58 AM »

Gah, I found the DNA! ... somehow!
I just fell through a chasm I hadn't seen before and... just... wow.
It's so rewarding to just explore and see what you can find!

One big problem I had though was that the game ran very slow for me. I made sure to set it to "very fast" and I even ran it in windowed mode, but that didn't help much. I don't see anyone else complaining about this though, so it might just be my computer.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 07:39:50 AM »

Try fullscreen in native resolution.

Windowed runs slower than fullscreen on many computers and so do non-native resolutions.

AUST
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic