Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:13:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Bürnt Dürt
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bürnt Dürt  (Read 1970 times)
tylerthedesigner
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:06:12 PM »

Bürnt Dürt
Bürnt Dürt is a 2.5d representation of Scorched. The game takes place in two phases- movement & combat. The movement takes place on a top down TBS view. The combat phase analyzes the top down map and makes a Scorched style map out of it.

So far- The game can be played by up to four players. The control schemes include WASD, Arrow Keys, and joysticks. Once the game starts, all of the players are given an equal amount of artillery, workers, and city/cities. They all receive a simultaneous time limit to move any of their units (and maybe their city if they are a katamari). Once the time limit expires, they are given a short duration to pick the order of their attack units. As soon as all of the attacks are registered, the game sets up the order of battles. The game then analyzes the map to determine the Scorched style side view. Then each round of battle is played out as two players attempt to hit eachother.
Here's where the real fun begins...
The line analysis finds any objects within a set range, and puts them into the battle. So... if red and blue duke it out, but a yellow worker is in the line of fire, he can be destroyed. This challenges players to try to line up opposing forces during their movement phase. The winning team is the one with the last artillery standing.

Menu-

Gameplay example-

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:18:12 PM by tylerthedesigner » Logged
LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:12:52 PM »

This sounds like an interesting addition to the original...  Do you have an expectation/hope for how this will change the game?

Also, don't forget to change the first post's icon to the Versus Competition one.
tylerthedesigner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »

Updated.
tylerthedesigner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 08:06:15 PM »

I will not be able to finish this within the deadline. My focus has been on TradeSecret and Tellus for the past month, and I didn't have enough time to spare. Before I shelf this, I might as well show off the features I did implement-
  • Any loaded image works as a map
  • Attack phase analyzes a cutaway of the picture to create the "Scorched" view combat
  • 4 player Local Multiple

The main reason I didn't complete this was my previous duties, but the other reason was the time spent on internet play. I have never worked in netcode, so this was a big learning opportunity for me.

Screenshot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic