Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:43:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe FeOLiSaGreFe Experiment (sequel to LaCoGeSSta)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The FeOLiSaGreFe Experiment (sequel to LaCoGeSSta)  (Read 1821 times)
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:50:23 AM »

Hi there!

A loooooooooooong time a go we promised to make a sequel to The LaCoGeSSta Research. We kind of dropped this idea, until recently we found new inspiration! ^^

So... I present to you, an early build of:

FeOLiSaGreFe stands for "Feed Our Little Sad Grey Fellow". So basically what happens is that you try to feed this little grey blob. You do this by having different animals fly/jump/move/whatever into each others mouths so that the newly fed animal can move. Once all animals are gone you try to fly into the Grey dudes mouth and then you've successfully fed him :3

Controls:
  • Arrow Keys (or Mouse) to move the animals
  • Hold Shift to get an overview of the level and the position of Mr Grey
  • Space to undo (go back in time)
  • R to restart a level completely
  • Escape to go back to the menu
  • Any Key to go to the next level when you've fed the Grey Fellow

About the name:
When Jay Is Games reviewed The LaCoGeSSta Research the writer wrote:

"despite having a name that is officially the most tedious to type out repeatedly. (Developers, that was not a challenge.)"

So, we decided to accept the challenge and we came up with another ridiculous abbreviation! ^^

Screenshots:

Hope you enjoy playing!

Cheers,

Maxim
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:53:06 AM by Maxim Schoemaker » Logged

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:28:44 AM »

It doesn't work (there are input and font problems) on Ubuntu/Chrome.

Kevin
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »

Wow. I hadn't played LaCoGeSSta until just before posting, so this all feels really new and fresh and sparkly and fun.

Probably an "early build" thing, but the instructions/story don't seem to display right. The text is super huge and much of it is cut off by the edge of the window.
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »

Well, here's another dude confirming the font problems (OS X 10.6, Chrome).

Besides that, though, I really like how this is developing! I especially like that even in the early stages of this you have a super-nice difficulty ramp through the tutorial levels.
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »

Allright, I believe I fixed the font problem :D I just screwed up some font embedding in flash, sorry :3

It doesn't work (there are input and font problems) on Ubuntu/Chrome.
Do both the arrow keys and the mouse not work? (for the mouse you need to click on the arrow image, I will make this better, but that's the way it is now). I am however afraid that I can't do much about input problems, that's really a flash thing and (I believe) Flash is known for performing sucky on Linux. So, sorry about that... :/

Wow. I hadn't played LaCoGeSSta until just before posting, so this all feels really new and fresh and sparkly and fun.

Probably an "early build" thing, but the instructions/story don't seem to display right. The text is super huge and much of it is cut off by the edge of the window.
Thanks ^^

Well, here's another dude confirming the font problems (OS X 10.6, Chrome).

Besides that, though, I really like how this is developing! I especially like that even in the early stages of this you have a super-nice difficulty ramp through the tutorial levels.
And thank you too! :D

Here's a question: Do you feel the exploding of the grey guy takes too long?
(I did just tweek it a bit, so you might want to look at it again if you had already)
Or should pace not really be a focus in a puzzle game like this?

Cheers!
Maxim

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 02:36:17 AM »

Do both the arrow keys and the mouse not work? (for the mouse you need to click on the arrow image, I will make this better, but that's the way it is now). I am however afraid that I can't do much about input problems, that's really a flash thing and (I believe) Flash is known for performing sucky on Linux. So, sorry about that... :/
Wow, now it works! Both input and fonts! Maybe problems were related. Thank you!

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 02:39:42 AM »

Oh yay, I loved the original! Will make sure to play this when I have some time later.

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »

Move undo could be quicker, as could the level completion animation.

Really needs audio, but I'm sure you already know that.

The pink vertical guy feels slower than the others, I think his speed should get reduced less over the length of the line.

After I completed the tutorial and then clicked on the tutorial again there was some weirdness: player seemed to be up in the top-left corner for some reason. Don't particularly want to replay the tutorial to see if it's reproduceable though.

No indication on the difficulty select screen that you've completed some level packs. No way to select levels.

Additional characters don't really seem to add much compared to LaCoGeSSta, this game feels identical to the point that I don't actually feel the desire to complete many levels (even though I really enjoyed the first one). Which is a shame. Sad

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic