Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:28:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallArcheological dig
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Archeological dig  (Read 622 times)
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:37 AM »

Hello everyone.

I was digging thru old archive of mine, and found a few old games and entertaining programs. I wrote them between 8 and 12 years ago. Probably some of you will find them worth playing Smiley

1. XWorm

Classical scheme - press any key to raise, release to dive. Try to guide the worm thru 10 levels. Actually it's relatively easy to reach level 10. But final score depends very much on how you will play. There are hedgehopping, bonus multiplyer for staying near ground, several powerups activated by hedgehopping and bonus score items.
It is possible to save replays.
P is pause.
F during replay is fast forward.
Press Q during replay to quit it.

2. XSquares

Turn based (remotely) tetris like game. This is remake of some shareware game I played long time ago. Idea was nice, but implementation sucked hard. So I created this.
You place tetromino or pentamino figures on the board. Squares 3x3 will disappear from the board. Square 4x4 is scored as 4 3x3 squares. There is turns count for each level. Once counter reaches zero some part of remaning on the board squares will disappear, but remaining squares will turn into gray and cannot be matched. Rate of removed/gray squares increases with each level.

3. Tanks

This one is also remake attempt. But somewhat incomplete. At some point I lost the source code. It is mostly working, but AI is bad and network multiplayer wasn't implemented. But hotseat multiplayer is possible Smiley

4. TheWall
This one is not a game. This is infinite procedurally generated stone wall for meditation Smiley
Might be resource heavy on laptops.

5. Rain
This is screensaverlike application. It will make screenshot of desktop and start some algorithm that will ... make something with screenshot.
There are 7 algorithmes:
1. Rain - this is where everything started.
2. Pixelfall
3. Blackhole
4. Termits
5. Pixelpong
6. Flipflop
7. Pixelbugs

Algorithm is selected randomly.
But if you are aware of command line and/or starting parameters, passing numbers 1 to 7 as argument will select specific algorithm.

Here is download url of all 5 apps [less than 1Mib]:
http://www.mediafire.com/?enmzwp5a0ejj3d2
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic