Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411845 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

June 01, 2024, 10:28:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG IV: Extinction [Game Over! Humans win!]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG IV: Extinction [Game Over! Humans win!]  (Read 32509 times)
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2008, 05:22:51 AM »

Heh, I'm playing through those games right now. Awesome fun. Grin

Stuck in the middle of some wolf accusations (which ARE false)

No they're not :D
Yes they are :D

olücæbelel
K-Cid
Level 0

Blam!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2008, 05:25:51 AM »

I just told you.

Could you explain it again? I'm really really slow and dimwitted.
increpare
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2008, 05:34:17 AM »

And yes, it does matter. This is like those Phoenix Wright games where the defense attorney discovers some small contradiction in the witnesses story that blows the whole case open.
How precisely?

A mynah bird, from a nearby tree, is brought to call of some salient exchanges from the recent past.

First you claim Zaphos is wolf:
No I didn't. What?

Err... I mean human. Doesn't really matter since it's about the having or not having a vision.
I don't believe I claimed he was a human either. What are you talking about?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 05:36:50 AM by increpare » Logged
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2008, 05:35:08 AM »

Ok: the first premise of your "argument" is that I've contradicted myself by claiming that Zaphos was a wolf, and then later claiming that he was a human.

Answer: I pointed out that this doesn't make any sense, because I never claimed that Zaphos was a wolf. You edited your post.

Now it reads that I claimed that Zaphos was a human, and apparently this is a "contradiction" because I later say that I never had a vision. So how do I know that Zaphos was a human?

Answer: You've got your timing wrong. I never claimed that I knew that Zaphos was a human until after the first day. At which point, I only knew because Hideous had said so in the day's summary. And the reason why I never got a vision is because Hideous made a cock up. Where the hell is the contradiction here? I honestly don't see it.

What are you going to change your argument to this time? Are you really that sure that I'm lying that you keep changing your story to fit? Why would you do that if you're a human?

K-Cid
Level 0

Blam!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2008, 05:48:00 AM »

Like I said, it is beside the point whether you said if he was human or wolf. It's all about having the vision.

In this post:
Well, I haven't had my vision yet, sorry :D I'll let you know when I do!
you claim you didn't have a vision yet.

A few posts later, you've had one:
When Smiley

And two pages later, you didn't have one:
(Where IS your vision Terry?)

I didn't get one. I can only assume that this is because Zaphos was a villager and shot in the first round, or because Hideous forgot to send me the PM.

1)The contradiction is you having a vision, and then none.

2) The second contradiction is you not having a second vision, but pigbuster has. Then suddenly you've had a vision:
Aghh! I've just had a vision! Shinygerbil, is it true? Are you really a werewolf?

I only suspect Massena, but I now know for sure that Shinygerbil is a werewolf. So I therefore change my vote (and advise others to do the same). I know I'm not a paranoid seer based on my info from Zaphos.

p.s. Guardian angel? If you're still alive, I could do with more cover tonight Tongue
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2008, 05:54:52 AM »

You can't be serious :D

The first is something you've misunderstood. The second is just a result of Pigbuster getting a response from Hideous before I'd asked him for my second day's vision. Since I never got a vision on the first day, I didn't realise the we didn't have to wait until the end of the day to ask for it. Once I did, I asked to Seer Shinygerbil, relayed my results, and here we are.

Seth
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2008, 05:56:21 AM »

Stuck in the middle of some wolf accusations (which ARE false)

No they're not :D

What I don't get, Terry, is why you are so sure of this when you have no reason to think that (if you are a Seer at all) you're not paranoid.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2008, 05:57:55 AM »

Actually, I confirmed that little technicality with Hideous:

Hey,

I need clarification of something for the werewolf game: If you'd told me Zaphos' role, what would you have told me it was? I think I'm entitled to know :D

I would have said Villager, haha. It's just that I completely forgot you had asked me :D

K-Cid
Level 0

Blam!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2008, 06:02:10 AM »

But you said you did get your vision:

When Smiley
Seth
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2008, 06:09:38 AM »

K-Cid:

No... that's him saying he will get one

Terry:

Well it's not like I can trust a quoted PM

Another thing I don't understand, you said earlier your suspicions were pigbuster and massena.  Why did you gaze upon shinygerbil?
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2008, 06:22:19 AM »

Well it's not like I can trust a quoted PM

Yeah, it would be better if Hideous was in a position to simply explain that he fucked up, but I guess he can't.

Another thing I don't understand, you said earlier your suspicions were pigbuster and massena.  Why did you gaze upon shinygerbil?

I basically figured that both Pigbuster and Massena were probably werewolves at that point, so I thought I'd take someone else at random rather than waste my vision. I got lucky Smiley

K-Cid
Level 0

Blam!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2008, 06:30:27 AM »

Really? Uhm, maybe I should read my material better Sad

I just want to kick some wolf butt before I'm eaten Wink
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2008, 06:43:29 AM »

I just want to kick some wolf butt before I'm eaten Wink

Then get on the Shinygerbil express already Angry If you really are a human, I'm on your side!

That goes for you too, Seth - this sorta thing is exactly what the werewolves want. I'm sure we'll have proof enough for everyone at the end of the day when Shinygerbil's lynched!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 06:45:29 AM by Terry » Logged

K-Cid
Level 0

Blam!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2008, 06:46:21 AM »

Hey I'm just cautious by nature. I don't believe someone just by his good looks (or post count Wink )

Alright, you convinced me: I vote for ShinyGerbil again.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2008, 06:55:18 AM »

You guys. I am now contemplating if I should tell you about a few important things here, or if they simply are too gamebreaking.

Seth
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2008, 06:59:00 AM »

Well, at first I thought you were a werewolf intentionally falsely accusing shinygerbil so that when he was found out a villager you could claim to be a Paranoid Seer and thusly "confirmed" human and free from faking anything... but now that you've claimed that Hideous PMed you, you can't make that claim... therefore, if you are a werewolf, you intentionally are accusing a fellow werewolf so that you can be "confirmed" a seer and then you'll proceed to fake it by naming a lot of us humans (which you have a good chance of doing, knowing who are the werewolves are (werewolves know who each other are, right?))

SO, even though I still find it odd you didn't gaze on the two people you suspected, and you picked a wolf so fast, and from what Hideous said, it really does sound like you are lying, either way shinygerbil is a werewolf, so for now my vote goes to him
K-Cid
Level 0

Blam!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2008, 07:03:29 AM »

Hidious: You should just stick to the facts. One of the fun things of this game is the accusations and suspicion between all the people. We will find out anyhow Wink
Seth
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2008, 07:10:42 AM »

Yeah, I think it's all worked out now...
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2008, 07:18:38 AM »

therefore, if you are a werewolf, you intentionally are accusing a fellow werewolf so that you can be "confirmed" a seer and then you'll proceed to fake it by naming a lot of us humans

I can see how that would be a good plan, but it's not the case here Smiley My only defenses against that, I guess, would be:

- You're alleging that I masterminded this very complex plan in order to put myself beyond suspicion - but if I did that, wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to seer a werewolf on my first turn? Intentionally waiting a turn to execute this "masterplan" seems very risky.

- Why is it suspicious that I found a werewolf "so early", i.e. on my second turn? If there are five of them, say, and we got 2 in the first round, that leaves three left in the game (out of 12 players). A 1 in 4 chance isn't exactly astronomical, especially when it was an educated guess.

- Where's the other seer? Every game up to this has had either one seer or one seer and one paranoid seer. If I'm not a seer like I claim, why hasn't the other one spoken up?

Maybe that's not the strongest case, but what else can I say? I'm not a werewolf. It's rather hard to prove Sad

Seth
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2008, 07:25:38 AM »

that's why i'm not pressing the case  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic