Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 09:50:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMahjongg Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mahjongg Game  (Read 1134 times)
Sanctus2099
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:03:58 AM »

Hey guys.
This is my first post.
As most of you I want to make it on my own as an Indie Dev.
About a half an year ago I took a week out of my time and try to see if I can actually finish a game. So I did and the result is a lot better than I had hoped for.
Here is a link to the game:
http://plebgames.com/Lorin/mahjongg.html
Sadly I'm a programmer not a marketing guy and I'm clueless as to what to do with it. I only posted on some forums and made my page(my web design skills are also kinda dead) and I got 3 sales(about 12$) this is if I come to think about it quite a lot (given what I did with it).
Then only thing I'd want is to get the money back from the graphics (more of a principle than the money since it's just 50$). In the meanwhile I got hired at a big international game dev comapany(I'd rather not say the name) but I realise that I only have to squeeze money from here to start my own bussniss some day.
Could anyone talke a look and tell me what you think, or give me some ideas?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:19:47 AM »

As you have discovered it is extremely difficult to sell a casual game like Mahjong through direct sales. To best profit from a game like this you'd really have to sell it through one of the major casual games portals. They will know exactly how to maximise profits from casual games and already have an established customer base that enjoy them. I can't say I know much about the casual games portals, but I do know one developer who makes a comfortable living from selling match-3 games almost exclusively through Big Fish Games. They might be a good place to start.

Sanctus2099
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 05:10:52 AM »

I actually started making that game after reading his blog Tongue
And I tried sending my game to some portals but none of them got back to me.
I know it's quite a simple game but at least it's clean and bug free (my brother who was a lead tester made sure of that)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic