Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:51:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe End of February (Working Title)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The End of February (Working Title)  (Read 991 times)
Rooky
Level 0

Prince of London

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:43:32 PM »

The End of February is a game where the player is simply trying to survive the month of February. However, he has to do so in a town where good to bad is very very easy. It's a karma-based game - you perform actions for certain people, your Karma meter (also with a % going up or down in 10s) shows how good or bad you are. Needless to say, getting too far on either spectrum is bad, and you'll die if you get 0% (really bad) or 100% (really good).

I'm typing this at a bad time, so I'll update this more later, I've just been dying to get this made for about two weeks now. I'm still trying to figure out the style.

Which do you guys think looks better? This is the protagonist, by the way. I'm thinking Rook for the name.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:04:07 AM by Rooky » Logged

iffi
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:25:01 AM »

I prefer the one on the right, especially the hair.

Sounds interesting, but I don't understand why you die if the Karma meter reaches 100%.
Rooky
Level 0

Prince of London

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:32:39 AM »

The character would die if he got 100% because people would most likely get annoyed if he was being too much of a goody-goody or whatever. Maybe mafia would beat him up, haha.

Alternatively, you're bound to make some enemies one way or the next. Saving somebody's life, for example, could get your name out there, and if somebody takes note of this, they might not want you around.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:59:45 AM by Rooky » Logged

tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »

Maybe being goody goody makes you go broke. After all, the game is about surviving a month. Give away too much and you don't have anything left for yourself.

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
Rooky
Level 0

Prince of London

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »

Maybe being goody goody makes you go broke. After all, the game is about surviving a month. Give away too much and you don't have anything left for yourself.

That's true. I was going to make it so that every single day you have to go to the store to buy food for yourself, but I thought it might get tedious after 7 in-game days or so.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic