Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:14:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingClever language joke stories
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Clever language joke stories  (Read 5745 times)
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »

There was a boy named "Sui" and a girl named "Cidal". Sui had feelings for Cidal... And one day in late spring, he finally mustered up the courage to ask her out on a date.

They became a couple, and for a time, things were good.

But then, months later, in a despairate solemn tone, Cidal told Sui, "It's over..."
Sui, in shock at his beloved severing their bond, "What?! No.. It can't be!"
Cidal affirmed her intentions, "No, I can't handle this feeling anymore..."
Sui, "What feeling?..."
Cidal paused for a moment. And then welled up her courage, and exposed it with one swift and unstuddering statement:
"When I'm with you I feel like killing myself."

Durr...?

Anyone else got any?

Be it irony or be it punny, be it funny or be it clumsy. Post stories which have humorous references to [english] language in general-- Be it spelling, rhetoric, or style. Whatever!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:05:54 PM by Jakman4242 » Logged

azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:11:34 AM »

There was a boy named "Al" and a girl named "Coholic". Al was a man on his way up. Through three shots of gin and a glass of vodka he could still see straight, which is how he made all his money.
    He would go to clubs and bars where the young rich kids would hang out, and challenge them. He'd sit down at their table, look them straight in their eye, and pull a gun out. Laying on the table, the handle towards them, he'd ask them a question. Anything really, didn't matter. Usually their eyes would pop and their tongues would curl up like cheap paint under that hot barrel. Then, he'd put his hands in his pockets, and sit back, smoking a cigarette, letting the smoke curl under his hat. He'd look across the bar, giving them time to think. Then, once the kids had shut their mouths, he'd turn back to them and pick the gun up. He'd flick his cigarette at them, and pop the chamber, spinning it twice, before pointing it straight at them. At this point, either two things would happen. The kid would be alone, or his friends would be just as scared as him, unable to move like a flat tire. Then, Al would pull the trigger.
    The flame would pop out, and everyone would give out a sigh as he lit another cigarette and let out a hearty laugh. The kid would start nervously laughing, and then he'd start talking to them. The adrenalin would stop pumping through them, and he'd get down to his business. He challenge them to race, for some ludicrous sum of money, all the while laughing at them and taking more gin. They'd always say yes. And he'd pocket his gun, flick his cigarette, and meet outside in their cars.
    It was an old, green 1968 Ford Mustang GT. Paint was scrapped off the side, and on there was no mirror on the passenger side. When it talked, you could hear years of hard work coming through the muffler, teaching you one thing. And when the windows rolled down, and he'd lean out the window to tip his hat as he drove past you, only a  kid with an ice cream holding onto your mother's skirt. You'd remember that you wanted to be you.
    When the wheels stopped turning, he had his money, wrinkled bills he threw into his glove compartment. They always crashed.
    This time a girl saw, and came out, knew that he had drunk twice as much as those guys. She asked, timid as a dame whose legs were fresh, "Sir, why didn't you crash". She wasn't trying to be rude. And he turned to her, his coat catching the wind. When he pulls the gun, they get scared, and they forget all about their alcohol, and it forgets about them too. But once they start driving, they get excited, and their alcohol comes up to have a good time. Show them around the town before taking them to their favorite wall.
     "But, sir, why didn't you crash?"
     "I once knew a girl, named Coholic. I met her in university, where I was getting straight ahead like a man on a mission. I was spreading Gods word in the form of studying, ready to hand out knowledge and power. But she showed me sin and taught me failure. I lost school and lost everything else, but one thing I kept from her, before she left me, was my senses. Drinking is like Russian Roulette. After you play it enough, you know when the guns gonna shot and when it's not. And, one day, I'll be glad that I'm wrong."
     The kid looked at him, before heading back to tell her friends what had happened. The ambulance was showing up now, so he turned his back and climbed into his car, let it talk to him as it took him down the road. Lighting a cigarette, he saw a kid trying to weasel his way with a woman. Slowing down, he pulled out his lighter, and squeezed the trigger. The kid never walked again, and the woman never went out at night. Cause when he pulled in the smoke, and the ember lit his face, Coholic saw her old pal Al, and remembered the time.
    When they were Al'Coholic.

Noir

Anyone else want any?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:10:21 AM »

There was a boy called 'ter' and he met this girl called 'rible thread'...

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 12:51:13 PM »

There was a man named Captain and a woman named Obvious, and they thought that nobody would ever figure out to combine their names to get the clever joke ahead of time.

jwk5
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 04:43:22 AM »

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:22:44 AM »

That's a fantastic pic, though I really have to agree that I wouldn't have expected 'clever language jokes' being this. What I'd have expected would've been stuff like this (still not funny):

A man went to a restaurant and ordered some food. After eating it, he waited for someone to come to bring the bill. He waited for quite some time, after which he got fed up with waiting and walked into the kitchen, shouting:
 "I have to pay!"
And a chef replied:
 "I can see that, I really dislike them."

Or something.

Also:
There was a certain bar in the Wild West known for its badass atmosphere. One Dark and Stormy night the usual crew of badass bargoers were in this bar, drinking rum, playing cards and whatnot.
  Suddenly, the door opened, someone came in and threw 15 knives in an instant, nailing everyone's hats to the wall. He walked to the barkeeper, and the barkeeper said with a trembling voice:
  "W-what do you w-want? And who a-are you?"
  "I want a bottle of rum. My name is... Knife Bill."
  Knife Bill took the rum, and went to a table in the corner of the bar. Soon the badass atmosphere was back, and everyone picked their hats from the wall and started doing whatever it was they were doing previously. Time passed, and the weather was still stormy and dark.
  Suddenly, the door opened, someone came in and shot 15 bullets in an instant, dropping everyone's hats to the floor. He walked to the barkeeper, and the barkeeper said with a trembling voice:
  "I want a bottle of rum. My name is... Gun Bill."
  Gun Bill took the rum, and went to a table in the corner of the bar, next to Knife Bill. Soon the badass atmosphere was back, and everyone picked their hats from the floor and started doing whatever it was they were doing previously. Time passed, and the weather was still stormy and dark.
    Suddenly, the door opened, someone with 15 arms came in and picked up everyone's hats, and then proceeded to place them neatly on a table. He walked to the barkeeper, and the barkeeper said with a trembling voice:
  "I want a bottle of milk. My name is... Cherno Bill."

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »

Blah blah blah... Cherno Bill."

Google helped me get this joke. Facepalm I'm unedjukaattid.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 09:40:12 PM »

@Hempuli

When I said language jokes I wasn't intending for all lame stuff like mine. Concerned
But ah well, I suppose the OP sets the standard, as usual.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:47 PM »

Ben met Anna
Made a hit
Neglected beard
Ben-Anna split
~Burma-shave~
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »

Greg met Terra - it was love at first sight. They were quickly engaged within a month's time. But on the day before the marriage, Terra changed her mind. When Greg asked her why, she replied, "Because your last name is William."

Well, hello there!
Seth
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »

I had a middle school teacher whose name was Dick Wacker.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 05:15:24 AM »

For all how understand German:
besser fettarme Milch als Fettarme
Philtron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »

Maybe this isn't what you were hoping for but,
recently I finished reading Don Juan by Byron and Byron is oozing with clever language and jokes.
Here are a couple excerpts that I like:

Canto 10
"I.
When Newton saw an apple fall, he found
In that slight startle from his contemplation-
'Tis said (for I'll not answer above ground
For any sage's creed or calculation)-
A mode of proving that the earth turn'd round
In a most natural whirl, called "gravitation;"
And this is the sole mortal who could grapple,
Since Adam, with a fall, or with an apple.

II.
Man fell with apples, and with apples rose,
If this be true; for we must deem the mode
In which Sir Isaac Newton could disclose
Through the then unpaved stars the turnpike road,
A thing to counterbalance human woes:
For ever  since immortal man hath glow'd
With all kinds of mechanics, and full soon
Steam-engines will conduct him to the moon"

And this which takes place after a Turkish city fights off an assault by a Russian army.
Canto 7
"XLII.
Our friends, the Turks, who with loud "Allahs" now
Began to signalise the Russ retreat,
Were damnably mistaken; few are slow
In thinking that their enemy is beat,
(Or beaten, if you insist on grammar, though
I never think about it in a heat,)
But here I say the Turks were much mistaken,
Who hating hogs, yet wish'd to save their bacon."

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
http://electriccartilage.wordpress.com/