Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:06:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGenetic Code: A psychological horror interactive fiction game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Genetic Code: A psychological horror interactive fiction game  (Read 1062 times)
KellyDorsett1988
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 04:17:19 PM »

Genetic Codeis a game, for the most part, which I have designed to explore my narrative interests within a structured environoment, ultimately displaying my ability (hopefully) to understand the importance of 'narrative' and 'game play' within the medium, without compromising one another.

Set in present time (around 2010-2020, Genetic Code revolves around the main character Code, who has been admitted, somewhat wrongfully, to the famous Ishiguro Asylum located just of the shore of Cornwall. Confused but intelligent, Code keeps her head down until she comes into contact with Alan, a slightly older, wheelchair bound man who appears to know the secrets of the hospital and it's staff. Entering her bedroom at night to sleep, Code soon wakes up inside an unfamiliar, saturated static world which resembles a farm town, containing only the basics, the villagers are scared of beings called 'The Pawns' who attack and kidnap their population.

So far i have finished my prototype for my recent project (its a research project) which i will make available in the near future, all area's of my research file which include analysing engines, platforms, market audiences, mediums and genre's alongside a 'game design document' which encompasses them all (mostly for my lecturers benefit).

I aim to create some solid sketches over the next couple of days to be featured within my game which will accentuate the narrative in certain places. I am aiming for a very rough, sketchy style on purpose (mostly because im not a fantastic drawer) so once they're posted, consider them conceptual at best.

Thankyou
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic