Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411841 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 08:57:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAttractor
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Attractor  (Read 1908 times)
AccessAbleGames
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:54:43 AM »

Hi all!

We work to make video games accessible to people with disabilities and I want to show you a free simple puzzle game developed by The Game Kitchen (http://www.thegamekitchen.com) with AccessAble Games (http://www.accessablegames.com/) as accessibility advisor.

You can play it at: www.thegamekitchen.com/attractor

Or just watch 1 minute video here:

Also, you can download it and place on our own web site. Take it from here: www.thegamekitchen.com/attractor/attractor-redis01.zip

The game have special accessibility options like: no time limit, no death, possibility to restart a level at any time, change game speed, one switch mode, microphone control mode, high contrast and no-click mode.

While playing, press ESC to return to main menu; you will return to the level that you have left when you click play again on main menu. Main menu and between levels menu are also accessible for one switch and no-click mode.

Hope you like it  Wink

AccessAble Games. Working to make video games accessible to people with disabilities. www.accessablegames.com
Frank00
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:29:21 AM »

Incredibly neat. Currently at level 14 and enjoying it: levels are really cleverly designed.

Petey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »

Pretty slick, I got to level 15 (now I have to eat breakfast) and had a good time.  It'd be cool if the default speed was a bit slower though.

Made Cannon Brawl - Worked on ABZÛ - Now making Kingdoms And Castles
st33d
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »

The graphics in the trailer look quite nice...

...apart from those grey walls. They're really ugly. It'd be nice if you changed them for something that fits in with the rest of the ambient looking artwork.
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »

this is really soothing stuff. it's low-key but the kinesthetic gravity mechanic lends itself to a good time. i thoroughly enjoyed myself with it, great job!

Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 07:09:18 PM »

I liked the game, but I found the music to be too short and repetitive. I toyed with the accessiblity mode and had some fun 'wooping' through a mic to pick and activate the attractor/repelers.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:47:20 AM by Falmil » Logged
lapsus
Level 1

The Grey Tower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »

I really like this! Completed the game and got the "to be continued" ending.

To be honest I had no clue what was going on the first 3 levels, but im slow so.. after that the game feelt perhaps a bit too easy and it took me less than 10 minutes to complete the .. 28? 30? levels (didnt pay attention to the amount)

The music is good but way to short, graphics looks nice enough.
Extra points for trying to create something that would be accessible to everyone, I sure don't think about that in my games... (time to add a color-blind option in my latest game methinks Smiley )

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »

All in all a good, cute puzzle game.
I didn't like the sounds (I did like the music), they just didn't really fit.  The focus changing sound is ok, but was a touch ugly sounding.  The selecting 'click' sound just didn't really make any sort of sense to me, something spacier and more organic would be better.

The grey walls are quite ugly and should be replaced by something more fitting.
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:51:47 PM »

I really enjoyed the mechanics and playing it but the fact that I finished it without ever feeling the need to think about it means it's probably a bit too easy. I kind of expected and hoped it would become hader and more taxing.

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »

Sometimes this seems to miss my mouse-clicks, it's quite annoying.

No level select screen?

For a game designed for accessibility it seems weird there is no back-to-menu button anywhere in-game. I would think an options button would also make sense in-game without having to go back to the menu screen.

Other than those things this is quite pleasant. Played until level 20.

DLudwig
Level 0

aaah!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 03:16:51 PM »

This is a fun game.  I like the concept and the simplicity.  It'd make for a nice mobile game, IMO.

I do wish there were more levels, perhaps a few extra game elements as well.

--<br />David
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic