Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:00:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Tetherball in Space
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tetherball in Space  (Read 2270 times)
maackle
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2011, 09:54:05 PM »

So, I heard about this compo at Global Game Jam, and was toying with the idea of entering, and worked on a few possible entries, but it wasn't 'til now that I decided to enter for realz.  So I have some work done already, but it was done with the VS compo in mind.  I present:

Tetherball in Space

Features:
  • zero-G 1-on-1 tetherball action
  • pretty good rope physics
  • crap art -- I still need an artist.  Any artists looking to slam out a game in a week?

Well, back to work! and, hello.
maackle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:44:14 AM »

OK, I've made some progress.  The physics is pretty clean, and the game is playable, although there's no way to win yet.  Still a lot more work to do, but it's kind of fun right now as it is...

Here's a quick gameplay video I created (with me playing against myself), just to get an idea:

I think I've got an artist too, so I should have something to submit in 5 days.
Rooky
Level 0

Prince of London

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:53:57 AM »

I could do some art for you. Just PM me with what you need, and I'll get to work.

maackle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 05:32:57 AM »

Rooky, thanks for the offer, but I (think!) I've got an artist for this already.  Actually, I might just keep everything really visually simple in the retro vector graphics sense.

Here's an updated video demo -- still working on the mechanics of the game, but I have yet to make a fun, working game out of this!  Needs menus, scoring, and plenty more in the next 4 days, I'm interested to see what happens!

tzachs
Level 1

Look normal...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »

The mechanics in the video looks interesting.
It looks like it will be fun  Smiley

maackle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 02:33:30 AM »

So, I'm still not done .. . . It is playable and kinda fun, but it needs polish and tweaking, and If I'm going to release this I want it to be somewhat complete.  I'm going to finish it but for now I need a break from it!
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 02:43:34 AM »

So, I'm still not done .. . . It is playable and kinda fun, but it needs polish and tweaking, and If I'm going to release this I want it to be somewhat complete.  I'm going to finish it but for now I need a break from it!
Fair enough! Looks interesting from the video, so I hope you finish it Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic