Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:00:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Battle for Planet Goonob
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Battle for Planet Goonob  (Read 4539 times)
KommanderKlobb
Level 0

designer, coder, co-founder of Honeyslug

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:12 AM »

Trying to finish this off now / en route to GDC. It's a game Ashley Gwinnell and I made at a gamejam in London earlier this year.

It's a shooter. Both players autofire right. They kill waves of enemies which drop pickups, worth big points.

But tiles are constantly teleporting in and out which affect the bullets: mirrors reflect them, and T-junctions duplicate more..  

Players can be killed by their own shots (and each-others), but only once they've hit a tile (i.e. they can't shoot each other directly).

The idea is that you get ever-shifting grid networks of shots, which players must get through to collect pickups.

Here's an early screenshot (it's actually much further on than this - just making a thread now so I'm ready to submit later!)

klobb.posterous.com<br />www.honeyslug.com <br />www.hohokum.com<br />www.savethekahoots.com
KommanderKlobb
Level 0

designer, coder, co-founder of Honeyslug

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:45:35 PM »

Okay, for now I'm done with this.

Play it here:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/KommanderKlobb/the-battle-for-planet-goonob

New screenshot:

klobb.posterous.com<br />www.honeyslug.com <br />www.hohokum.com<br />www.savethekahoots.com
takvor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »

I haven't gotten to play with a second player yet, but I love the concept for this.  I don't know how I feel about one player using the mouse, and there could be a couple more enemy types, but overall I think it's great. Smiley
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:19:21 AM »

That was actually quite fun. Grin
Would like an offline build and alternate controls (mouse control doesn't really fit, imo).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic