Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:17:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)[CANCELLED] Busey Explorer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CANCELLED] Busey Explorer  (Read 1730 times)
schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:19:19 AM »

EDIT: Some really important stuff came up with PewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew (eg, things that would cause it to fail review for Xbox Live), so I ended up not having any time to work on this game.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The title is tentative.  I don't really have a theme yet, just a gameplay idea.

I'm a little late to the compo (I was aware of it, but I've been working almost non-stop on PewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew), but it would like to see how far I can get in the next couple of days.  If there aren't any prizes to worry about, why not?

I'd like to try making a game where two (up to four?) players control the same avatar using thrusters (no microphones this time around).  It would play like a faster paced osmos, but instead of absorbing size, you absorb color.

Each player tries to absorb more of their color, and possibly depletes their color when they move around, depending on if that makes it more or less fun to play.

So far all I've got is a ball that's controlled by two players, and a pseudo-3d engine (it's 2D, but each object has a Z position for visuals in the foreground/background).

I'll be working with Ian Brock of Incredible Ape for art, but currently everything is from Google image search or MS Paint. (this project has only existed for a few hours)

It's nothing spectacular yet, but it's a start...

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:12:03 PM by schonstal » Logged

Starflier
Level 2

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:50:10 AM »

Hey! You're that guy that made that game! I saw you in my RSS feed...

This sounds awesome. It's kinda like a tug-of-war. I love that the background is a picture of this random person. Please don't change that.

Metal Snail Idea Workshop - Hey, there's actually a website there now X(
Cats in the Kitchen - It's a comic about cooking, and the cooks that do it...
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:53:39 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

random person.

No, that's Gary Busey, is it not?  That going to be an actual theme, something about crashing cars?

Good luck with the game, it took a competition to get me started with game-making, so hopefully you stay motivated.

-PENCERKOFF

schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »

That is Gary Busey.  It's just programmer art I found on Google Image Search when trying to find a large image that could show blend modes working properly.  (We might include a "Busey Mode" if there is time...)

Collecting is now working properly, but it still looks about the same.  It's almost a playable prototype!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic