Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:26:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Standoff [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Standoff [FINISHED]  (Read 9220 times)
ArdentSideburn
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »

our game will be a duel between two gunsmen in a western/fantasy setting.
That means the duelists are able not only to shoot at eachother in a first person view, but also to use magic to defend themselves.
We're going to enter with three playable characters, but hey, we could add more in the future X3

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE

the link contains the following files:
standoff-publish.rar includes a installer
standoff-release.rar is for the people who don't want to install it, for this to work you do need the XNA 4.0 framework redistributable installed, which can be found HERE

the game uses the port 1980 tcp for the server, so whoever is hosting the game should have that port open and forwarded in their firewall
an alternative would be using hamachi to create a virtual server(http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/ )  more on that tomorrow XD

screenshots:

instructions:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:27:01 PM by ArdentSideburn » Logged
RSD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »

You forgot to mention you're working on it with 2 other people  Cry those would be me for the programming and vidvi for the music and sound effects. We only heard of the contest 2 weeks ago but we've managed to get a decent ammount of work done!  Beer!

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »

Ardent Sideburn.

Making a game!

I'm in love already, with the visuals and the idea and and and

Kiss
ArdentSideburn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 07:33:14 PM »

well this is more of a side project, me rsd and vidvi thought it was fun and we thought to give it a shot(and hell we really all did our best in so little time!) for the "official" project we're working on there'll be a bit more to wait tho heh XD
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:44:36 AM by ArdentSideburn » Logged
RSD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »

I'm uploading the game now  Grin when it's finished the game can be downloaded Here

standoff-publish.rar includes a installer
standoff-release.rar is for the people who don't want to install it, for this to work you do need the XNA 4.0 framework redistributable installed, which can be found here!

Important info!!

i used port 1980 tcp for the server, so whoever is hosting the game should have that port open and forwarded in their firewall.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:21:29 PM by RSD » Logged

vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »

It was a blast to work on!  I hope the music and sound effects sound good! :D

Check out my musical work and send me some feedback!
ArdentSideburn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 12:51:36 AM »

hey guys, not to sound like a jerkass, but we'd really love to hear some feedback for this one, we worked on it almost on every free hour we had and we hadn't time to properly playtest it so please let us hear back XD -- hope i'm not doing something out of the rulese here  Who, Me?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 06:49:05 AM »

No, you're not.

With most compos, there's a set time afterwards in which people can play the games and get to know them and give feedback before the final judgement takes place.

This compo is a bit more up in the air but you should have some feedback coming soon.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »

I got the following errors om a machine with:
1Gb RAM
Intel 3.19Ghz
Windows XP SP3

Do I need XNA?
RSD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »

Hi Glinka!

Thanks for trying out our game, you do need XNA, the url to download it is in the first post. (Or you can download standoff_publish.rar which installs it for you) Plse let us know if you got it working. Smiley

Mega
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »

It started but I was unable to play because the host screen said "waiting.." ..." ..."
and the join option requires a host. nice menu ambience and camera scroll. From the screenshots it looks interesting to play. but whats with the mushrooms, quite something,
Big men, big guns and big mushrooms. Who, Me?
I'd be curious to see how other's review
ArdentSideburn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 02:18:29 AM »

well there's not really an option to play alone.considering the "versus" nature of the compo we thought we should've focused on letting two people play . So um grab a friend if you want to try it out XD Well, hello there!
RSD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 03:11:44 AM »

It started but I was unable to play because the host screen said "waiting.." ..." ..."
and the join option requires a host. nice menu ambience and camera scroll. From the screenshots it looks interesting to play. but whats with the mushrooms, quite something,
Big men, big guns and big mushrooms. Who, Me?
I'd be curious to see how other's review

Ah Smiley we should have added more instructions. it's funny, i think a lot of the games over here have this problem: because we tried it out so we forgot to explain the basics :D

it's a network only game, so one 1 person has to run the host and the other person has to connect (for this to work over the internet you need to use hamachi or forward a port on your router)

BUT if you want to check it out solo, you can start the game 2 times. In the first game press host then in the second game press join and connect leaving the default address in (127.0.0.1) This isn't as much fun, but you can atleast see what it's about !!

renkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »

Pretty cool game! I only tried it by myself so far, but it would be interesting to see how it works when played properly. Also, I love the character select music. Very Morricone-esque.

Versus entry: Battle Mode
RSD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 02:33:34 AM »

Pretty cool game! I only tried it by myself so far, but it would be interesting to see how it works when played properly. Also, I love the character select music. Very Morricone-esque.

Thanks! still you should try it with a friend if you're able, it's a lot more fun then shooting yourself.  Smiley

renkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 04:06:07 AM »

Thanks! still you should try it with a friend if you're able, it's a lot more fun then shooting yourself.  Smiley

No doubt. Smiley I'll try to arrange that soon.

Versus entry: Battle Mode
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic