Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:09:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Xoters [Finished]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Xoters [Finished]  (Read 5598 times)
Hyper Emerson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

Title: Xoters
Version: 0.94
Genre: Arena Shooter
Made in: MMF2

^Title screen.

^Gameplay (Versus)

Xoters is a simple arena shooter game i started making just after finding out about this compo.
Thanks to my lazyness and creator blocks the single player mode is not done yet. The Versus mode, however, is good to go.

How to play:
Your ship moves diagonally like Pong balls. Press your Fire 1 button to change its Y direction and shoot. Try to collect speedup powerups to be able to damage the enemy by contact.

Multiplayer Rules:
-Mode 1: Kill the enemy.
-Mode 2: Fill your energy meter first.
-Mode 3: The winner is the one who has more energy when the countdown ends.

Get the latest version here:
http://www.wuala.com/Hyper%20Emerson/Projetos/Xoters/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:17:36 PM by Hyper Emerson » Logged
Hyper Emerson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:03:31 PM »

In Holland, people make games by themselves. They don't need YOUR feedback!

...But i'm not from Holland, so although i CAN make the game by myself, i do welcome your feedback... and DEMAND it. Cool

Anyway, i've uploaded version 0.94 at the Wuala link above. It has a new boss in story mode and changes the controls to A for P1 and L for P2. Versus mode remains the same as it was in 0.936.

I guess i'll stop updating the game for a while, so you people won't have played all of it by the time i finish the last boss.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »

I really love the minimalism.

I'm not a fan of the game play, its a bit too confusing how to control/aim, though i've never really played arena shooters (does smash tv count?)

b

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 01:54:11 AM »

Increpare, Terry Cavanagh, Sophie H and I tried this game for a while.

Resolution problems and lack of full-screen killed it for us. Sad

twitter: @docky
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »

i thought i remembered it having a full screen mode...

Hyper Emerson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »

Alt + Enter should turn full screen on, shouldn't it?
cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:13 PM »

I like this game, I believe it is my favorite. That one button press has a lot of different stuff riding on it - it shoots your bullets, but it also dodges / pilots your ship, and it also takes away energy/life each time you use it, so you really have to stay on top of how you press that button. I find balancing all those factors in the small play area and amongst the barrage of fast paced threats challenging and fun even if a little hectic at times. I like the graphics but would have liked a x2 (or x3 / x4) view option as a half way point between the very tiny normal view and the overly stretched and warped full screen mode (on my particular screen, anyway).

It's been stripped down to pure action with a simple and charming presentation, and although it is a bit chaotic the gameplay is strong and invites you to balance quick reactions with attempts to try new tactics and out-think the onslaught. Excellent work

You told me, never to limit myself to one style...to use any move that works...TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND!
bamcquern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »

Said this in the voting thread and want to say it here: your game is cool.  I agree with the above comment.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic