Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:30:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Indie Game Legend
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: The Indie Game Legend  (Read 13112 times)
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »

Oops, I forgot to post here yesterday, but The Indie Game Legend is now finished.

After four months of development, I have finally finished and released the project I started shortly before TIGJam; The Indie Game Legend.

The Indie Game Legend, or TIGL for short, is a spiritual sequel to the NES cult-classic of a similar title- The Guardian Legend. The gameplay and themes are also very reminiscent of Guardian Legend, as you take control of a space warrior while exploring over 125 rooms spanning 5 different areas. At your disposal will be an assortment of 8 different weapons to dispatch dozens of enemies and bosses. Solve the puzzles of each area, defeat the bosses, rescue the captive indies, rinse, and repeat until you complete your challenging mission.

This game was developed specifically for the enjoyment of the TIGSource community as well as fans of The Guardian Legend, so the humor is very referential. Though, even if you don’t get the jokes you should still be able to enjoy the game on its own, and I hope you will!

Click on the picture for more images.

Download 21.6 MB Zip
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:31:07 PM by phubans » Logged

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:33:59 PM »

Cool game Paul Droop
BoxedLunch
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:05:48 PM »

Quote from: phubans
i came Smiley
funny how i can use a quote from phubans to describe something phubans has made.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »

I'm working on getting the second data key for section 2, must beat it this weekend. Really good game Paul, great work!

Conker534
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »

Evil Hand Joystick
 Hand Shake Left

One of the best games i've ever played.
Seriously.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:37:17 PM by Conker » Logged
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »

i really like this game

i'd like it even more if the endgame bits weren't bugged to fuck (along with the last boss/save point shit, i just ran into the boss's skull in space; it didn't go to the continue screen, but rather played the dialogue over a black screen. when i restarted the game to continue, it won't spawn the skull at all. basically my savegame is useless)
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 01:49:24 AM »

Downloading now.  Hand Joystick

Edit: I got to the Frozen sector so far, and I was having so much fun I didn't know I'd been playing for over an hour.

The manual was a nice improvement upon the usual readme I had expected.

Also, I usually get an error message from Windows about an error occurring while closing when I hit "Esc".
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:08:59 AM by ithamore » Logged

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:14:57 AM »

it's cause he doesn't exit the dll correctly; i told him how to fix it a few days ago so hopefully he will

Chris Pavia
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »

Fun game! It could have used more bug-fixing time though. Some of the boss fights were fun (I liked the ice and magma ones the most), some felt like they relied on luck more than skill. The dark room with the yellow spheres that bounced around felt especially cheap, since you had pretty much no choice but to take massive damage as you walked through it.

I'm stuck in the swastika room currently. I didn't catch the character's hint, and I can't talk to him again (poor design choice if not a bug). Can someone help me out with what he said?
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »

Yeah, I was going to give him repeating dialog but I ran out of time. It was also a matter of him dying in front of the exit and then you not being able to escape the room because you'd keep getting stuck in a dialog with him... I'll fix this if I get around to releasing an updated version that fixes all the bugs.

Beer!

Chris Pavia
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »

I liked the desert boss on the floor with the moving tiles a lot! Similar to the ice and magma bosses, the changing environment added a nice dynamic to the fights.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I felt the collision could have been a bit more forgiving as well. I got caught up on doorways a lot, and it sometimes felt like I was taking damage if something got close to me, but didn't actually hit me. I think the second point is more of a game feel thing, as it made the character feel more cumbersome than I would have liked.
Conker534
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »

Shouldn't you update your website? The game section.
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 12:11:43 AM »

Okay, I'm stuck on the Frozen level. I can't find the last data key. I've got the one from the shadow maze and the one from the area with the colored blocks passcode. Can I get a hint? Tongue

phubans, man, I apologize again for giving you shit about things. This is a really, really nicely made game.
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 07:52:54 AM »

Okay, I'm stuck on the Frozen level. I can't find the last data key. I've got the one from the shadow maze and the one from the area with the colored blocks passcode. Can I get a hint? Tongue

phubans, man, I apologize again for giving you shit about things. This is a really, really nicely made game.

There is a room that is quite "questionable." I hope that is both clear and ambiguous enough to figure out.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:34 AM »

I still need to know what the blue dude said so I can figure out the password  Angry
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »

I still need to know what the blue dude said so I can figure out the password  Angry

I think he said it has something to do with the first letter of each sector's name, but he can't remember the order.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 01:41:06 PM »

Thank you kind sir! Finally beat it!
Theophilus
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »

How do I save? @_@
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 11:29:24 PM »

Wow, this is an absolutely astounding game. Good choices abound from start to finish. I give you a standing o, Phubans.

And that ending! Man, I was not expecting that AT ALL! (well, about that, given the recent indie developments, let's just say I spent roughly 10 minutes inputting various permutations of "FAGS" into the password gate ;-)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 11:42:20 PM »

Lol Noah, I did the exact same thing!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic