Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:42:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPocket Alchemist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pocket Alchemist  (Read 1302 times)
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2011, 03:04:23 AM »

Oh boy, here we go  Durr...?
I present you my latest the project: Pocket Alchemist.
It plays like a classic roguelike, which means random levels, random enemies, random stuff to loot. The main feature of the game is that you don't find any weapon, or equipment, or tool in the dungeon: just materials. The only way to build up your arsenal is to combine materials to create stuff.
The combination are made with the expense of alchemic energy. Some energy fills up everytime you uncover part of the map. That means that you got a limited amount of alchemic energy per game, so you gotta be careful about your combinations. Players are likely to waste lots of energy on the first play because they might mess with wrong combinations, but bear in mind that the known recipes are passed down to sequential playtroughs, making yourself able to get stronger better and faster.

Right now we have some maze generation, a fancy fog system, and some random rats and green herbs trew around the levels.

Don't really know for sure what I am going to have in the future, but one thing for sure: I want a shitload of materials.

*blog - *tweet - *leon
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 03:24:27 AM »

Looks and sounds really cool ^^

eclectocrat
Level 5

Most of your personality is unconscious.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:35:59 AM »

Wicked. I will watch this.

I make Mysterious Castle, a Tactics-Roguelike
MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »

Okay. Progress of today.
I implemented the inventory, more or less. All those unkown items are displayed with a "?", but since we grabbed an herb before we know how it looks like, what does it do, and the ingredients and alchemic energy required to transmute it (well, not with the herb because it is a primitive element), and we're going to know that forever (well until you delete the game actually  Durr...?)!

*blog - *tweet - *leon
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 11:35:54 AM »

What an intriguing idea! Roguelikes are always fun, and the mechanics of this sounds veyr interesting! I can't wait to try it out, mate.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic