Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:28:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCowboys need a target (and we've run out of ninjas)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cowboys need a target (and we've run out of ninjas)  (Read 2105 times)
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:22:55 AM »

Hey there!

Here's my little devlog of a small game I'm working on:

It's a multiplayer game (local) which makes you have a gun duel between you and your friend. You make steps until you're told to shoot and then you try to be first to have his gun pointed and shot. When you have enough strength to lift your arm after being shot, you have the right to a rematch!

Controls: Arrow keys and Enter for the player on the right, WASD and Space for the player on the left.

Things that still need to be done:
  • Sound effects for bleeding, lifting your arm and dying
  • A tumble weed (oh yeah!)
  • I was thinking of a crow that would fly by randomly, like the tumble weed would

As you can see the game is pretty close to being done. So my main questions for you guys are: Does it work? Is it fun? What could I add?

And I was wondering if this game would benefit from some AI. So that you could play it on your own. I know a lot of people don't have their friends sitting directly next to them, so by making it a solely local multiplayer game I kind of massively decrease my target audience. But I'm not sure if this game would be fun when played against a computer :/

I was also thinking of porting this to the iPad. I figured the iPhone/iPod touch is too small to play this game on with two people. But I guess the iPad could work ^^

Cheers,
Maxim
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:58:21 AM by Maxim Schoemaker » Logged

cyprien
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:47:48 AM »

This was actually pretty fun to sit down and play a few rounds with my wife!

Had a few stages where the cacti were covering al players for most of the duel, though.
Rooky
Level 0

Prince of London

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:08:18 AM »

I was thinking of a crow that would fly by randomly, like the tumble weed would

I first read this as "a cow that would fly by randomly, like the tumble weed would" and imagined a cow just rolling passed. You have no idea how awesome that would be.  Grin

Looks cool, though. Nice.

♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »

damn, need a friend  Shrug looks pretty neat, i would suggest adding a little (or alot) of shadow under the cactus to ground them. Also i second rolling cows.
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 11:51:25 AM »

Rolling cows are in! (oh my god, why'd I agree to do this?)

I've also lowered the foreground cacti so they don't cover up the cowboys any more (as much).

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:45 PM »

As you can see there is a new character: Captain Cowboy! All his graphics are done, but I still need to start working on his sounds Hand Any Key Crazy Hand Joystick

I've added a menu. And, as you can see, I've decided to go for singleplayer as well as multiplayer. I've got some neat ideas on story telling that I will come back to later  Gentleman

See if you can beat the AI! Smiley

i would suggest adding a little (or alot) of shadow under the cactus to ground them
I've tried this, but I couldn't really get it to work. I agree that they don't look very good now, but anything I tried would only make it worse... Sad

I was wondering, Do you like Captain Cowboy? Do you think his style fits the style of the previous characters? And I'd like to know if you think the AI is fair/fun/goodworking.

Cheers,
Maxim
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:51:45 PM by Maxim Schoemaker » Logged

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 02:51:42 AM »

It should be either 'we've run', or just 'we ran'.

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 05:58:50 AM »

It should be either 'we've run', or just 'we ran'.

thanks ^^ fixed now :3

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »

Hooray! Another new character :3

I present to you: Freaky Francis! (I'm tellin' you, she IS freaky... Crazy)

She doesn't have sound yet (neither does Captain Cowboy), but I felt more like drawing than like sound stuffing (whatever you call that). So yeah, jippeh ^^

I decided I wanted to make a female character and I'd just seen this episode of Extra Credits, which inspired me to make a very nonstereotypical lady.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic