Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 01:25:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessDHG Games Sale Figures Released
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: DHG Games Sale Figures Released  (Read 12998 times)
SaturnineGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »

Interesting on the review thoughts. I can definitely see how it would make a difference on iPhone. There's just so much out there, it's hard to know what to try.

From my experiences, Cosmos X2 didn't get many reviews. The ones it did get were mediocre, although IGN recommended it.

Antipole's a different story. It's had a bunch of reviews, all in the 8-9 range. 86.7% on GameRankings. It was one of the first games in featured in Joystiq XBLIG Gems series. The weekend the Joystiq story ran, the story stayed in the featured stories banner at the top of the page. The Joystiq story lead to a ton of Youtube views, but no impact on sales/trials. None of the other stories seemed to have any impact at all.

More interestingly, the good reviews of Antipole seemed to lead to interest in versions for other platforms. One Nintendo focused site asked me if I was going to do a WiiWare version. Another informed me that their readers were asking if the game was coming to DSi. I also received a few emails from random gamers asking for PSP ports.

Facebook
Twitter: @SaturnineGames
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic