Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:26:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsSouth Bay Game Jam 10 [March 26, 3:00PM - Midnight]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: South Bay Game Jam 10 [March 26, 3:00PM - Midnight]  (Read 3892 times)
Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »

Yo yo yo yo yo! Daniel X. Moore here, coming at you with South Bay Game Jam 10 (The big one-oh!)

Come rock hard with the best and brightest. Games? Check. Chiptunes? Check. Booze? Check. Voxels? You better believe it baby!

Maybe there will even be a Nidhogg or Madhouse tournament... the infinite is possible.

Behold these sweet deets:

Saturday, March 26
3:00pm - midnight
Hacker Dojo
140 South Whisman Road
Mountain View, CA 94041

RSVP:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196688580354550

Daniel X. Moore out.
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:40:57 PM »

I'm a solid maybe, as I am every time. Maybe I'll not have to go in to work :D

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:27:35 PM »

I was on the fence about this until I read that there would be voxels.

Do we need to bring anything besides our work setup and all that? 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:43:32 PM by supershigi » Logged

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Destral
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »

I have to go to work tomorrow, unfortunately, and after that I'm going with the wife to visit some friends.

If you organise one for the weekend of the 8th I promise to be there (barring work-related last-minute cancellation).

dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:51:59 PM »

i'll be there for at least part of the time. i'm going to prototype AN EXPERIMENTAL NEW GAME … maybe even USING PIXIE

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:13:22 PM »

I will be there! Uh, I actually thought it was Saturday today when it was actually Friday Epileptic Fortunately I figured it out before heading all the way out there.

Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 09:25:19 AM »

@supershigi No need to bring anything extra, though snacks are always welcome!

@Destral I believe the next one will be the weekend of the 8th.

@dongle Awesome. There now exists a much simpler way to get started.

@Triplefox Glad you heard Rebecca Black's hit single before it was too late.

Looking forward to seeing everyone today. It will be cool!
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 02:16:59 PM »

My apologies -- We ended up having a last minute change of plans (our friend is having a birthday dinner tonight and we'd have to leave the jam at 6:30 if we tried to do both). But I want to go to the April 8th one for sure. I'll bring some snacks too Smiley

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 09:58:34 PM »

I would have gone, but my sleep schedule is so fucked right now. I just woke up and it's 11 PM. Ughhhh...

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »

11pm and you just woke up?  Dang... you sound like me 3 years ago when insomnia caused me to become totally nocturnal for a few months. 

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 11:55:01 PM »

i should mention that i regularly wake up at around 4pm

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 12:23:52 AM »

Yes, I've been nocturnal since GDC ended... It really sucks. I feel totally unproductive and out of touch with everything :S

Destral
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 12:37:55 AM »

I miss the days when I could sleep whenever and wake up whenever. Getting up at 6am on weekdays and 7am on weekends does little to sweeten my disposition.

Definitely will be going to the next one of these.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »

Just go to bed 1-2 hours later every day. You will eventually reset to diurnal, works for me anyway.

Yes, I was trying that... Somehow, I managed to be tired enough last night to go to sleep for around 4 - 6(?) hours during the night. I woke up at 8 AM today and actually feel pretty good/rested. Hopefully this is a schedule I can be keeping to! In which case, I'd like to come to the next jam! Smiley

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 11:18:04 AM »

We had a totally densetsu-ary jam.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »

Before I go and get my hopes up, does "weekend of the 8th" refer to the weekend following the 8th (likely Saturday the 9th), or the 8th itself (a Friday)?
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »

What kind of games did you guys work on this time? 

Quote from: phubans
Yes, I was trying that... Somehow, I managed to be tired enough last night to go to sleep for around 4 - 6(?) hours during the night. I woke up at 8 AM today and actually feel pretty good/rested. Hopefully this is a schedule I can be keeping to! In which case, I'd like to come to the next jam!
Haha, isn't it weird when your schedule gets so out of whack that it comes around full circle like that?  It took me a few months to fix my sleeping schedule, it was super gradual.  I had to do a combination of tiring myself out during the hours of the day that I was awake (lots of running), in addition to tricking my stupid brain when it was time to go to sleep.  I ended up watching a lot of Planet Earth and Beast Wars right before bedtime.  Oh, and hot drinks like chamomile tea or warm honey milk... that helps too for some reason.

Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »

Usually we don't end up making anything significant at these jams, they're too short. We didn't even try for a theme this time, but we did come up with a good new game anyway: "Laserhogg." It's a Nidhogg inspired game - competitive deathmatch platformer - except with lasers and shadows. It started feeling really fun to play right at the end of the evening. All made in Pixie, but the project isn't available to look at yet I think.

On sleeping, I was screwed up for a while after the DST transition. I think I'm doing a little better now. Smiley

Chris Pavia
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 07:58:48 AM »

I was bummed I didn't get to go to this one, but the wife wanted to spend some time together since her work schedule has been hectic lately. I would have loved to have seen something being built in Pixie!  
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic