Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:38:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903641 times)
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 31, 2012, 10:03:23 AM »

how are you going to deliver the precious mountain dew on time now?
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 31, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »

I'm about halfway through Hotline Miami, although I suspect that the last levels will take me fucking ages. You know that restaurant level where all the waiters had uzi's? This game is pretty hard.

Loved that level... just kicked the restaurant door and went all guns blazing! And it worked very well!

I figured that was the way to do it. The rest of the game teaches you otherwise.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2062 on: November 01, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »

Started Necrovision and DAMN is that game intense. I found myself backpedaling while trying to reload and get away from soldiers and zombies.

AshfordPride
« Reply #2063 on: November 01, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »

Ubisoft gets off on forcing tedium onto others, and that's why they made the Assassins Creed franchise.  Just shotgunned the games during Sandy.

Assassins Creed 1 gets a 1/5 for being fucking the worst video game ever fucking made holy shit did anyone even play this.

2 gets bumped up to a very respectable 3/5 for being almost like a video game, but things just draaaaaaaged ooooooooon and this game didn't need to be twenty hours.  Also, thanks for those great PC input instructions.  Every tutorial is 'Press the TALK button to talk!'  I also don't know if I'm supposed to find beating the shit out of the pope with my bare hands to be as funny as it was.

Brotherhood seems to be planned out weird.  In 2 Ezio was introduced like a real person, and having his life ruined felt legitimately crushing.  In Brotherhood it's like 'AAAAAAAH, SHIT'S GOOD AND IT'S GONNA BE GOOD FOREVER!' and then blamo, shablam back to start!  Also why am I fighting fucking wolf people in a sewer.  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:31:47 PM by Samtagonist » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 01, 2012, 02:40:01 PM »

I agree that Assassin's Creed 1 had a lot of dull filler (At least the flag hunt is completely optional), but "worst game ever" is pretty strong. I liked the assassination bits at the end of each chapter, because they gave you some options for planning your kill (although a few choices are obviously superior to others). Successfully taking down your target by stealth feels really good knowing the game would also accept a mostly botched or completely botched kill so long as the dude is dead at the end of it. I thought that would at least boost the game one star over rock bottom.

The escape to the safe house after each kill is also really satisfying, but I say that as a person who is an absolute sucker for escape sequences.

I had hoped the second game would improve on that by bumping up the big assassinations to more than once per chapter. I guess they didn't do that? I haven't played it yet.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: November 01, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »

I agree that Assassin's Creed 1 had a lot of dull filler (At least the flag hunt is completely optional), but "worst game ever" is pretty strong.

Frankly I thought AC2 was more dull than the first. It had cutscenes every 5 fucking minutes, and more monotony and travel it seemed. The first was flawed, but it certainly FLOWED better.
AshfordPride
« Reply #2066 on: November 01, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »

I agree that Assassin's Creed 1 had a lot of dull filler (At least the flag hunt is completely optional), but "worst game ever" is pretty strong.

There's no reason this game had to be so monotonous.  Climb towers.  Kill guards.  Do a little time trial.  OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  It absolutely baffles me that nobody thought that making these giant cities and giving you absolutely nothing to do in them would be a bad idea.

I liked the assassination bits at the end of each chapter,

I didn't really go into the game knowing anything about this, so I expected the game to be all about this.  I figured I was buying something along the lines of Hitman, and was really bummed to see that the hole Assassination aspect of the game was just the flourish at the end of each chapter.

I had hoped the second game would improve on that by bumping up the big assassinations to more than once per chapter. I guess they didn't do that? I haven't played it yet.

They changed a lot of things in the second game, and this was something that actually happened.  For the most part, the game isn't so rigidly structured.  Assassinations aren't always the big thing at the end of a chapter, this time for the most part dotting the game where applicable.  It also helps that the people you are killing aren't just kind of dubious douches that you master keeps stringing you along to murder, and you actually have some investment into why you're doing it.  I still don't feel like assassinations are ever planned out to be the big event they should be.  It's still mostly about doing a bunch of little things before just fucking running up to the guy and stabbing him and here lies Templar, peperoni and cheese.  Ezio is a really cool guy though, he feels a lot like a Disney character...  Well, if you ignore the killing stuff.  He's like halfway between Aladdin and Flynn.

Frankly I thought AC2 was more dull than the first. It had cutscenes every 5 fucking minutes, and more monotony and travel it seemed. The first was flawed, but it certainly FLOWED better.

Only because you were doing the same thing all game.  Of course it had flow, there were THREE activities in this game that you had mastered by the time you beat the second chapter.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 01, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »

for ostensibly being an "open world" stealth game asscreed sure is railroaded as fuck. the entire game is about going through a laundry list of map icons. there are designated hiding spots all over the place and the "platforming" is like 70% automated.

the cool thing about stealth games is figuring out how to get past your enemies and using the environment to your advantage (i.e. the "puzzle" aspect). ac had so much potential in that respect that just went down the drain. oh well.

also the story is kinda dum and takes itself waaaaay too seriously

(only played 1 and half of 2)
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 01, 2012, 04:19:20 PM »

Only because you were doing the same thing all game.

Not unlike AC2. Same game, more fluff.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2069 on: November 02, 2012, 08:34:05 AM »

Yeah, I tried playing Assassin's Creed once and it sucked big time. Unbelievably dull.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2070 on: November 02, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »

The first Assassin's Creed is pretty bad and repetitive, but I like the other ones that are more like GTA in Renaissance.

I really enjoy the climbing mechanics though. Climbing those high towers, looking at that huge city and jumping down is my favorite part of the games.

Waiting for the PC version of AC3 now.

also the story is kinda dum and takes itself waaaaay too seriously

I like the story of the "past" characters, how they fit historical figures and facts in the games and how they recreate Renaissance Italy. Also, Ezio is a cool character.

Now, the overall story with the whole Templars VS Assassin's thing and all that shit is way too ridiculous. So bad :/

Shine Klevit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2071 on: November 02, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »

Assassins Creed 1 gets a 1/5 for being fucking the worst video game ever fucking made holy shit did anyone even play this.

So, I'm not crazy for hating this game? I mean, one must love jumping on rooftops for 5 hours to get the same 3 objectives you got from jumping on rooftops for 5 hours 5 hours ago, right?
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2072 on: November 03, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »

Been playing some Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. That game is pretty tough.

forwardresent
« Reply #2073 on: November 03, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »

AC1 felt like it lacked flow to me. I had to force myself to finish it. I was so bored. 2 sped things up a little bit and made the climbing feel better. 3 has some pacing issues from what I've played, my fiancé has been playing it recently and is fairly far, from what I've seen of later on once the game gets out of it's 3 hour long intro it gets better.
Fegon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 04, 2012, 04:26:46 AM »

Final Fantasy 4 for the GBA. FF4 was my first Fianl fantasy game and one that I am very familiar with, full of nostalgia. This version however kind of freezes in the fights failing to register pressed buttons and i swear that they changed the balance of the monster making som fights much harder. The later one isn´t a bad thing but wierd. It´s just a wierd port. I recomend anyone who thinks about playing FF4 to stay away from this version.
Uykered
« Reply #2075 on: November 04, 2012, 04:47:44 AM »

Just played the Lego Lord of the Rings PC demo, want to try the full game in co-op now. It's completely devoid of any difficulty (dying just respawns you straight away, lols) but the aesthetics are cool/amusing.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

FF4 for the GBA was a pretty disappointing port. The bonus dungeons were neat and it was nice to get the "Hard Type" version of the game, but the way it seems to ignore an input every so often gets really old fast.

All the Lego games have really low difficulty thresholds, but the level design tends to be really creative, with little secret rooms and lots of setpiece gags. The Lego Star Wars games also had a crapton of collectable stuff to unlock cheats and characters, so if you're into collect-a-thon type games it would appeal. Multiplayer is hectic but forgiving. Different characters get different weapons and powers, and you can kill each other, but I'm not even sure if there was a penalty for dying. I played the Star Wars Trilogy on the Wii with a younger relative over a weekend once, and despite the fact he was terrible at the game we had a lot of fun. Sometimes we'd just spontaneously break out into a deathmatch mid-game.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2077 on: November 04, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »

I don't like that the characters speak in the new Lego games, but I can understand why they made the change.

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2078 on: November 04, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »

Been having fun shooting zombies at point blank with Mr. Shotty and watching them fly across the room only to get stuck in the wall. That makes me laugh.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 04, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »

Necrovision's fantastic; glad to see you're enjoying it. The prequel is pretty good as well, though it's shorter. The combo names are still ridiculous, so that's good.

"BRUTE WILLIS! RUSH HOUR! FARMERS REVENGE!"
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic