Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:07:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903499 times)
ClayB
« Reply #2200 on: December 09, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »

NO the way to make the game fun is to play a glass canon ranger (heavy weapon + archer) by only increasing stamina, THEN each encouter remain tense but end quickly, it's either them or you!

I AM COMPLETELY INTRIGUED BY THIS  Epileptic
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: December 09, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »

I must warn you of sniping mage, you will have to deploy tactical knowledge or avoid them, I had to bring a dragon to get rid of those ice foresworn witch, dragon are way easier to deal. That or learn stealth and snipe them back, be sure to always have arrow.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: December 09, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »

john is just going through a phase where he realizes that jrpgs suck, and he only liked them because he was a teenager. sotc just got caught in the blast radius of his disillusionment

Wizard sotc is the best ps2 game and one of the best games ever made  Wizard

i've been trying out the teleglitch demo

also was playing saints row 3, but more as a casual game / time killer than anything

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: December 09, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »

I am playing waaay too much M&B: Warband.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: December 09, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »

Playing a rom hack of Ocarina of Time called Zelda's Birthday, it's certainly more challenging, and the item placement is pretty cool, but I've yet to do any dungeons. Real excited for this one  Smiley
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: December 09, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »

Playing a rom hack of Ocarina of Time called Zelda's Birthday, it's certainly more challenging, and the item placement is pretty cool, but I've yet to do any dungeons. Real excited for this one  Smiley

Sounds interesting. Did they hack the overworld map at all? I'm curious if they managed to alter the game more significantly than Nintendo did for Master Quest.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: December 10, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »

Yeah, the game has been altered way more than that.

The shapes of the map are still the same, but the objects in them are vastly different. Not just the usual stuff like different people or monsters here and there, and ladders where they shouldn't be, but also huge structures altered, like how the windmill in kakariko is now a stone tower, kokiri village has no houses and is trees everywhere.

The game added in its own textures, characters, voice actors and dungeons too.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2207 on: December 10, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »

Breath of Fire 3 is soo good. The feeling of unfamiliarity and trepidation once you crossed the ocean was nailed so perfectly.

It's a great game, just about 75% too long...

front mission isnt a jrpg

its a robot srpg

so yes play it

I second this motion.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: December 10, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »

Eador Genesis

Russian indie TBS that just got translated to English and released on GOG. Inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic/Master of Magic/Age of Wonders, so if you like any of those, and have a bit of tolerance for unpolished graphics, you'll probably like this one too. Very complex and rewarding to play. There are apparently some technical issues with some computers but it runs fine for me.
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: December 10, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »

Same here.

Go check it out, it's the survival horror shooter we'd all have hoped to make.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 10, 2012, 06:50:59 PM »

Same here.

Go check it out, it's the survival horror shooter we'd all have hoped to make.

i like the shootin', but i really hate the permadeath. the game has no real randomness to the levels, and i don't like replaying the same shit every time i die, especially for such a fucking long game. the levels bits are basically just rotated and maybe connected in different orders, but it's not a roguelike, and it's not really a procgen game. also, it's not survival horror at all. it's an arena shmup with real levels and a neat weapon upgrade system. it's a top-down doom-like, if anything. you don't hide from monsters, you blast them with double minigun rocketlaunchers with missiles that explode nails. yeah, ammo can be a bit scarce, but that doesn't make it a survival horror game!!!

basically, it's fun, especially if you don't mind large amounts of repetition.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: December 10, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »

kiddRaddical
Level 0

ALT UNIVERSE SEGA SATURN DEV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2212 on: December 13, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »

SUPER HEXAGON!!11!

Seriously, this game's got me in a stranglehold. It's funny though, I couldn't beat the original, but I beat "Hexagon" mode in my second sitting :\

posting (too) regularly on Twitter: @EthanRedd
EthanRedd.com
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2213 on: December 13, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »

Clairvoyance, mostly. I'm really bad at it.

Two things:

-I love clairvoyance :3
Who are you on it?? (if, indeed, you still play)

-Yes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:52:37 PM by Droqen » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #2214 on: December 13, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »

xenosaga is so boring and the writing is so /bad/
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2215 on: December 13, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »

Never played it, but I figured there was no way they were going to top Xenogears anyway.  Seems like I was right.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2216 on: December 13, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »

Two things:

-Yes.
tannerdactyl, and you would likely demolish me. i've seen the rankings.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: December 13, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »

Never played it, but I figured there was no way they were going to top Xenogears anyway.  Seems like I was right.

they're nothing alike, aside from how both of them have robots. you don't even get to pilot giant robots in xenosaga

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2218 on: December 13, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »

Two things:

-Yes.
tannerdactyl, and you would likely demolish me. i've seen the rankings.

I've been dropping ): 4th place pretty solidly now.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:05:17 PM by Droqen » Logged

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: December 13, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »

teleglitch is nice. I like trying to kill mutants with a knife.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic