Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:59:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902303 times)
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: February 23, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »

well hyping makes a difference, but reviewers still play games all day. 16 million sales or something.

it's too generic. we're more allergic to that.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 23, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »

also publishers pay for reviews haha
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 23, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »

I won't say the system is clean.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2503 on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:33 PM »

Finally tried Demon's Souls after letting it collect dust on my shelf for years. Great game! Kicked my ass hard, which is exactly what I was hoping. Definitely going to spend some time with this one and check out its sequels.

ink.inc
« Reply #2504 on: February 23, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »

dreamfall.

gameplay is shit, but i'm intrigued by the plot, and the set design is super amazing. i tried getting into the first game in the series (the longest journey), but the obscure adventure game puzzles were really obtuse and terrible. also the 3d models were embarassing.

i playd dreamfall first n then longest journey and it feels creepy knowing what happens
also idk why people say the gameplay is bad, i really liked the 3d console adventure game format.

the combat is really silly and tacked on. enemies will just stand there while you beat the snot out of them with the right mouse button. fetch quests (for sandwiches, bread, etc.) artificially inflate game length. the puzzles in general were really, really obvious. as a format, it holds promise, but this game felt pretty lacking.

anyway i just finished it. the plot ended rather anticlimactically, and a lot of things were unresolved. on the whole it was semi-interesting, but i wouldn't be able to tell you what really happened.

the game has a lot of good ideas, and good set design (from an aesthetic point of view, esp. casablanca), but the world feels really empty... and shallow. i think i would have preferred a singular "hub" world that i could get familiar with and really explore, as opposed to 8ish with not much in them.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: February 23, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »

vagrant story

oh man this game owns. I never finished it though, I really need to.

It's really fun. Unique in it's own but maaaaan the weapon affinities are tough to manage.

Great game. Especially once you start to get chain timing down.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: February 24, 2013, 02:58:22 AM »

The Saboteur
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 24, 2013, 03:02:41 AM »

I have too many good games on the go right now and my friend wants me to buy more so I can play with him. Angry
feminazi
« Reply #2508 on: February 24, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »

wats da point

Ashkin
« Reply #2509 on: February 24, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »

Playing Wasteland Kings, a game vlambeer made for Mojam 2. It's so incredibly fun and I keep coming back to it...
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2510 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »

Started playing Devil Survivor Overclockeds for the 3DS.  I'm pretty early in, but I'm really enjoying it so far.  Throws in a lot of interesting mechanics that make you stop and think how to get the most out of the choices available to you, plus it's pretty challenging so far, which adds even more motivation in that regard.

forwardresent
« Reply #2511 on: February 25, 2013, 07:53:05 AM »

Started playing Devil Survivor Overclockeds for the 3DS.  I'm pretty early in, but I'm really enjoying it so far.  Throws in a lot of interesting mechanics that make you stop and think how to get the most out of the choices available to you, plus it's pretty challenging so far, which adds even more motivation in that regard.

This was the game that made me put down my DS for weeks at a time because it broke me. Excellent game, I don't think the challenge stops.
Ridley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:42 AM »

I've been playing Thief 2 for the first time. Excellent PC classic that holds well up to it's acclaims, and hasn't aged poorly at all. I'm having a much better 'retroactively memorable title' experience than I did with Deus Ex, that's for sure.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: February 25, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »

^ I'm with you on that. Deus Ex didn't age quite so well.

Realizing that I fucking hate Ubisoft games, with the exception of Rayman. Picked up Far Cry 3, and while I did have the expectation of some cheap thrills it's probably the most boring game I've played in years. The sad thing is, this is the new normal. I should have picked up Painkiller instead.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2514 on: February 25, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »

This was the game that made me put down my DS for weeks at a time because it broke me. Excellent game, I don't think the challenge stops.

Goddamn, you weren't joking.  Been stuck on one (fairly early on) battle.  I keep getting really close to beating it.  I think the closest I got was 50 hp left on the boss monster and maybe one of his teammates left.  Most of the attempts end with me shutting of my 3DS when things become hopeless, only to reload the game a few minutes later.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2515 on: February 25, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »

Beat Devil Survivor 1 & 2, but yeah, those games are seriously hard. Which is the case for most SMT games that aren't called "Persona".

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2516 on: February 25, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the difficulty.  There are so many mechanics at play that the difficulty means I've got to wrap my head around all of them to squeeze all the effectiveness I can get out of my party.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 25, 2013, 10:50:50 PM »

stopped by at the gamestop near my house after work and picked up raw danger for a buck! it's pretty darned sweet.

Aw man!  My friend and I are going through that game right now!  It's an interesting and peculiar one, for sure.

yeah, i'm still enjoying my time with it. i just finished joshua's chapter. i dunno why they give you so many cosmetic/clothing options though with that whole inventory weight system forcing you to toss the non-essentials anyway.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2518 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »

shogo: mobile armor division
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: February 26, 2013, 12:07:11 AM »

on hold  - phenomenon 32, the real texas

might try and pick up myst. trying to get yume nikki to run to give that another go...

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic