Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:43:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894406 times)
forwardresent
« Reply #2520 on: February 26, 2013, 08:25:14 AM »

I played Kerbal Space Program for like 2 hours last night, there are 6 more brave Kerbals in orbit. I seriously love this game, it's buggy and the interface needs work, but it's just so great to fly around space.

might try and pick up myst. trying to get yume nikki to run to give that another go...

Yume Nikki is lovely. Myst is on Steam, I picked up the Masterpiece Edition to relive all those memories... of having no idea what to do.

Riven was pretty cool too. I think they're about $5 each on Steam. (Congrats on your recent success too by the way, don't blow it all on hookers and coke.)

melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2521 on: February 26, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »

I played Kerbal Space Program for like 2 hours last night, there are 6 more brave Kerbals in orbit. I seriously love this game, it's buggy and the interface needs work, but it's just so great to fly around space.

might try and pick up myst. trying to get yume nikki to run to give that another go...

Yume Nikki is lovely. Myst is on Steam, I picked up the Masterpiece Edition to relive all those memories... of having no idea what to do.

Riven was pretty cool too. I think they're about $5 each on Steam. (Congrats on your recent success too by the way, don't blow it all on hookers and coke.)

oh shit, thanks for the heads up. gonna get it that way, for my sanity. i'll get aruond to doing all that language weird stuff for yume nikki so it recognizes my keypresses..

and thanks! too late...but at least i have hookers and coke..

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 26, 2013, 03:27:24 PM »

shogo: mobile armor division
WOA!

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »

Max Payne 3
forwardresent
« Reply #2524 on: February 26, 2013, 08:13:55 PM »

Max Payne 3

That soundtrack.

I've been depriving people (including myself) of basic human rights all day. / BRUTAL LEGEND JACK BLACK YEAH.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:14:14 PM by forwardresent » Logged
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: February 26, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »

Finally got around to Bioshock. I've tried to pick it up a few times, but was too busy to really get into it. I figured it was a good time to finally try and make my way through it because Bioshock Infinite looks amazing.

It's amazingly creepy, atmospheric and has some of the greatest production values I've seen in a game. The only thing that is pissing me off now is that the enemies are all bullet-sponges. I have the game set on the hardest difficulty and it takes 20 rounds from the machine gun to take out the damn splicers and about 7-8 shots from the pistol. It's ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking of turning down the difficulty back to normal because I suspect that all hard does is make enemies have more health. However, after looking at the Bioshock Wiki hard difficulty seems to only increase all enemies health by 155%, which doesn't seem too bad, does that mean they still soaked up bullets on normal even? It just irks me that it would even take 20 rounds to take out one enemy.

I'm digging the game a lot though, I love the audio logs and the fact that there aren't any cutscenes to really speak of (aside from the intro). The animation for mainlining the plasmids is spectacular and really illustrates how insidious plasmids can be and there are a lot of really great scripted sequences that really pull you into the world of rapture. Speaking of Rapture, there really isn't anything like it. Underwater cities just have a mysticism to them.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 26, 2013, 10:32:23 PM »

Dude looks like Frank Black.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Derqs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2527 on: February 27, 2013, 02:40:34 AM »

Finally bought Fallout 3. Can't stop playing it

Adam H
Level 0

Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2528 on: February 27, 2013, 07:37:57 AM »

I recently picked up Mass Effect 3. I never intended to buy it as I had heard bad things about it, particularly the ending, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Perhaps keeping my expectations so low has helped!

I don't think it'll top the experience of the original Mass Effect however. ME gave me such a strange feeling of isolation and insignificance as a human being in the vast universe. Perhaps this was due to it being an unknown and new franchise, or simply the grainy-filter effect that the game had, but something about this game gave me a very strange feeling, which actually enhanced my enjoyment of the game. I feel that ME2 and ME3, whilst being fun to play, don't have that same atmosphere or mood that the first one offered.

Adam Haynes ~ Music composer, orchestrator, arranger
adamhaynes.co.uk | Soundcloud | Youtube | adzin.co.uk | @duckthatbites
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »

conquest of elysium 3
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2530 on: February 27, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »

I recently picked up Mass Effect 3. I never intended to buy it as I had heard bad things about it, particularly the ending, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Perhaps keeping my expectations so low has helped!

I don't think it'll top the experience of the original Mass Effect however. ME gave me such a strange feeling of isolation and insignificance as a human being in the vast universe. Perhaps this was due to it being an unknown and new franchise, or simply the grainy-filter effect that the game had, but something about this game gave me a very strange feeling, which actually enhanced my enjoyment of the game. I feel that ME2 and ME3, whilst being fun to play, don't have that same atmosphere or mood that the first one offered.

Mass Effect 1 really felt like a space exploration RPG that happened to have fighting along the way. The whole atmosphere felt more "happy" than the later installments, especially ME3 which is really grimdark and completely combat-focused. Basically, it was originally like Star Trek and morphed into Call of Duty in space. I'm thinking the first thing EA asks with a new game is "how can we make this more like CoD?"

The funny thing is, the combat in Mass Effect 2 is arguably better than 3. There are way too many bullet sponges in 3, and no more heavy weapons.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: February 27, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

That's why I still have a fondness for The Precursors -- it captured that feeling of actually exploring new worlds, even if most of them had humans on, that I think the later combat-heavy Mass Effects lacked. Even though it was buggy and sometimes broken, and much like Mass Effect most of the planets you could travel to didn't have anything on them, I think it worked well enough...
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: February 27, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »

I find it hard to go back to plain shooter after mass effect, I always expect a bit of talking and choice and a bit of lame character stuff for whatever reason that isn't necessarily good. It has done more to change shooter than rpg. I want to get rid of the stat in me2 so much.

ClayB
« Reply #2533 on: February 27, 2013, 08:55:25 PM »

Borderlands 2. Does anyone else find it nigh impossible to tell who's killing what in CO-OP? Overall I don't think I like it very much, sending it back to Gamefly soon.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2534 on: February 28, 2013, 01:47:29 AM »

Borderlands 2. Does anyone else find it nigh impossible to tell who's killing what in CO-OP? Overall I don't think I like it very much, sending it back to Gamefly soon.

I played Borderlands 2 a ridiculous amount, Co-op is certainly the only way you should be playing the game. I don't think it's hard to tell who's killing stuff, but it doesn't really matter considering you're focusing on one enemy yourself. If you don't like the plot/setting though, the gameplay won't do much for you, but I certainly liked it a heck of a lot.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »

Bomberman with up to 1000 players? Cray

http://bombermine.com/#/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:28:02 AM by Mono » Logged

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: February 28, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »

I just cleared Touhou 6 without continues on Normal. Well, hello there!

Had previously 1cc'd 7,8,10,12. I bet I could try some on Hard now, maybe give the extra stages a proper shot...
Blambo
« Reply #2538 on: February 28, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

Anyone play that mmo War Thunder yet?
ClayB
« Reply #2539 on: February 28, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »

@Sundownkid: I totally see the appeal, I'm probably just having a bad time because my co-op pal is playing it begrudgingly and we're on the ps3 (which from I hear, is the inferior version).
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic