Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:36:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894445 times)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: March 02, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »

March of the Eagles. Solving the Schleswig-Holstein Problem forty years ahead of time
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #2561 on: March 03, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »

xenosaga.  the character designs remind me of team america, the gameplays pretty solid I haven't been able to get into an rpg since ffx
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: March 03, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »

picked up system shock 2 from GOG. it was about time i finally owned a non-pirated copy.

anyway, game still rules and is still scary as shit despite the dated graphics
Tondo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »

I've recently been playing Cart Life on and off.

I'm not really sure what to think about the game. On one hand everything seems to be designed to give you a certain feeling, and that is done really well, but on the other hand if someone asks me if it's a fun game I don't think I can say yes.

If anyone else played the game I'd be interested to hear your opinions.
melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2564 on: March 03, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »

I've recently been playing Cart Life on and off.

I'm not really sure what to think about the game. On one hand everything seems to be designed to give you a certain feeling, and that is done really well, but on the other hand if someone asks me if it's a fun game I don't think I can say yes.

If anyone else played the game I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

I don't know if it's an accurate way of empathizing with people with little money and familial responsibilities (I only played the woman's story for a bit), but  if it is accurate (I wouldn't know, my guess is that it is), then it is very effective at making you feel stressed out with little room for escape.

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: March 03, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2566 on: March 03, 2013, 11:10:56 PM »

Been playing some LSD Dream Emulator (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDRB9VUT3tf3jix0IJCQAb-Y6vJ9pmwhS)
Forgot how both boring and hypnotizing this game can be.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2567 on: March 04, 2013, 03:18:18 AM »

I just tried War of the Roses, so far it seems terrible.
From what I can tell it's simply trying to carbon copy Mount&Blade but it doesn't even achieve that much
Am I missing something? Does it get better? :S

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 04, 2013, 03:54:26 AM »

Been playing some LSD Dream Emulator (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDRB9VUT3tf3jix0IJCQAb-Y6vJ9pmwhS)

ehheh that is one hell of a game. I tend to just watch people play it on youtube.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: March 04, 2013, 04:18:08 AM »

The Cave is pretty amusing.

The layout is basically a more simplistic version of The Lost Vikings, with typical adventure genre puzzles set to a 2d platformer.

The choice of characters is less significant than I'd hoped. As you play, you'll come across areas that correspond to each character, that can only be accessed if you picked that person. Other areas are character neutral, so you solve them in roughly the same way no matter who you picked. They've tried to throw a bone by adding character specific bits (like a terminal to hack if you brought the Scientist, or a grapple point if you brought the Adventurer) but they're entirely optional and you can solve the generic puzzles without using anyone's specialty. I'd hoped instead that puzzles would have multiple solutions, like in Maniac Mansion, where you had to figure out how each set of specialties could be used to accomplish a goal. That would have given the game far more replay value.

On the other hand, the game is lovely and humorous. The characters you meet in the cave have excellent voice acting and clever dialogue, though they come across as players in a stage drama instead of natural characters due to stage whispers and glancing at the screen to deliver lines. Despite being set in a cavern you'll see all sorts of bizarre scenery. Missile silos, snack rooms, and an underground mountain are just a couple of the places you'll visit, so you'll find yourself wondering what you'll discover next.

One really odd bit is how the game seems to separate the player and the characters. The narrator seems, at times, to be talking to the player about the behavior of the characters as though you were not the one making them do the terrible things that they do. The result is that you feel a bit disconnected, but that seems to be intentional. At the end, you're directed to learn a lesson from the weakness of the characters, something that wouldn't make sense if you were one making the mistakes for them.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2570 on: March 04, 2013, 05:25:43 AM »

The Cave is cool for the first time, but I really wish more thought was put in the replay value. Going through the same puzzles again is pretty annoying, I have to finish the game 3 times to get see all the areas and on the third time I just wanted to kill that miner!  Angry

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2571 on: March 04, 2013, 11:53:57 AM »

ehheh that is one hell of a game. I tend to just watch people play it on youtube.

One of my friends had a page on his site devoted to the game and I just had to play it and experience the weirdness.

themasquerader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2572 on: March 05, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »

I've recently played Guild Wars 2, but I haven't been entirely happy with it because of the event system that makes you feel like you haven't changed anything in the world and the fast respawn rate of enemies.

I really feel like playing Diablo II, Alpha Centauri, Vampire the Masquerade, or other old games, but unfortunately I haven't the time for it anymore.

Entrepreneur. Involved in several startups. Creator of Greatest Indie Games - showcasing a handpicked selection of indie games every month http://www.greatestindiegames.com/

Indie Game Developer. Made KEL Reaper of Entropy http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=274830824
TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2573 on: March 05, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »

an old favorite of mine - Gemfire (NES)

nice blend of fantasy and strategy

had thought about making a game sorta along the same lines once or twice

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2574 on: March 06, 2013, 04:57:27 AM »

Just that screenshot of Gemfire made me drool a little... There's just something about tiny men brandishing pixelated weapons that floats my boat. I'll have to check it out.

I recently beat Gargoyle's Quest on the clunky old gameboy (with some help from my super gameboy), and am looking forward to snagging Gargoyle's Quest 2 on NES soon.

Awesome action platformers with very (very) mild RPG elements... Plus, you get to play as a monster. With wings.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2575 on: March 06, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »

Apparently some people collaborated and compiled some files to recreate a buggy ass version of Resident Evil 1.5.
So that. (

)

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2576 on: March 06, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »

Apparently some people collaborated and compiled some files to recreate a buggy ass version of Resident Evil 1.5.
So that. (

)

Those are some seriously dedicated fans. D:
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2577 on: March 06, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »

So that. (

)

Those are some seriously dedicated fans. D:

For sure.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 06, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »

great, gonna try this ASAP
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2579 on: March 08, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »

Started playing Stronghold HD for the first time. Pretty fun to build a big castle. I wonder if Dwarf Fortress was inspired by it.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic