Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 06:38:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 901946 times)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: April 22, 2013, 11:55:54 AM »

Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows

possibly the worst diablo, but the only one where you can play an evil baker's wife
JScythe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: April 22, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »

Metal Gear Ac!d and Field Commander on the PSP
forwardresent
« Reply #2842 on: April 23, 2013, 12:57:52 AM »

Metal Gear Ac!d and Field Commander on the PSP

I seriously loved Ac!d, but everyone I told about it was like OH THAT'S DUMB HOW COULD THAT BE FUN? It and 2 are a few of the PSP games I want on Vita.

I have played so much Starseed Pilgrim and Magic The Gathering lately.
Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2843 on: April 25, 2013, 01:28:43 AM »

Back to building a functional Monastery in the Minecraft server I frequent... Cloister is almost done, now on to the Mess Hall!

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: April 25, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »

HarmoKnight is a cute but simple rhythm game. I'm polishing up getting all "Greats" to unlock all the concept art.

I picked through a couple indie games while I work through Hard Mode on Bayonetta:

What's in the Box was a lot of fun. Despite looking like an action game at parts, the controls are precise enough that you can watch, find the right moment to act, then succeed every time. You have to play through about three times to 'unlock' all the contents of the box, and that's about how many tries it'll take a skilled player to get a perfect score of zero errors. The mechanic of the stretching arm and dropping/grabbing the box is clever and feels really good in action.

You Have to Win the Game gives off a lovely vibe of classic flick-screen platformers. The puzzle to win the game is unfortunately clumsy and could have been improved if the magic word wasn't something so arbitrary. I did like that the different parts of the map looked and felt different from each other, but there were a few parts of the caves that felt samey. It's definitely worth a play-through even just to get the "bad" ending. The backstory was clever, but in practice it comes across as more frustrating than revealing if you get it wrong.

Farsh is an unusual game about using a rolling carpet to move blocks and navigate to the goal. Graphically, it's pretty plain (the carpet is lovely, but the blocks and exit are clearly programmer art) and could have been easily rendered in two dimensions with no trouble. The part that I liked best was the unusual method of movement, having to turn just right to make sure you roll up or unroll in the right spot. I enjoyed learning how to control the carpet and effectively navigate the mazes, move the blocks to where I needed them, then roll up again without missing a beat. A less puzzly game may have been a better choice for the concept where you can just have fun rolling and unrolling to accomplish relatively obvious tasks.

Professor McLogic Saves the Day is a combination of great puzzles and a really poor choice of engine. The game is made in RPG Maker, and is broken up into multi-stage scenarios where you have to talk to NPCs in a small area, listen to their clues, then logically determine who is who so that their statements obey the rules of the scenario (eg, one scenario involves lying vampires and honest faeries, another involves all puzzles involving conditional statements, etc.). Unfortunately, towards the tail end of each scenario you have some puzzles with four characters making statements and it's really not practical to solve the puzzle without writing down the clues. It looks like you can only save at the end of a scenario, which means you have to set aside some time to play each chapter through in one sitting. Aside from that bit of clumsiness, it's a clever game and the randomized puzzles give it some replay value if you like that.

Grow Maze came out a few weeks ago, but I forgot to mention it. The Grow series of games is lovely, and even though Maze is pretty simple in the grand scheme of things, it has a couple of clever puzzles hidden in the faux 3D maze and cute animations for several of the "Grow" puzzles you encounter within.

Thinking of running a D&D module soonish. I've been wanting to run the Skull City segment from Return to the Tomb of Horrors for a while now. I'll have to see how my local players are feeling and see if they want to get in on that.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: April 26, 2013, 08:09:16 AM »

Just started playing Thomas Was Alone and I'm loving absolutely everything about it. If it keeps this quality up I might just stick it in my Top 20 Games ever.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2846 on: April 26, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »

Mirror's Edge (PC). It's breathtakingly beautiful.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2847 on: April 26, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »

monaco and euro truck simulator 1

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2848 on: April 26, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »

Just got done playing this short (~20 minutes) indie game: http://indiegames.com/2013/04/freeware_pick_sci-fi_first_per.html

One of the better indie games I've played this year. Great gameplay, audio, graphics, etc. It's a bit light on story and does have that familiar Portal escaped test subject vibe, but that's probably my only complaint.

You should definitely have a go at it if you enjoy stealth games and have 20 minutes to spare.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2849 on: April 27, 2013, 09:10:27 PM »

Played some more Necrovision. I love the WW1 areas, but this sudden change to this underground fantasy realm is ecch.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: April 28, 2013, 09:10:45 AM »

Played some more Necrovision. I love the WW1 areas, but this sudden change to this underground fantasy realm is ecch.

Yeah, that part of the game is a lot less interesting stylistically -- on the other hand, you get some fun gadgets and weapons to play around with, which is nice.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2851 on: April 28, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »

Yeah, that part of the game is a lot less interesting stylistically -- on the other hand, you get some fun gadgets and weapons to play around with, which is nice.

That's true. How long am I in this area until I return back to the WW1 spots?

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 28, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »

I don't think you do -- the fantasy steampunk nonsense world leads you to Hell, which is the last place you go iirc. I guess if you want more WW1 you can always play Lost Company Wink
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2853 on: April 28, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »

Just finished my first playthrough Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Capcom deserves to burn in hell for having people pay again for the same game, but the new massive dungeon is really excellent. It's totally Dark Souls Dogma, and the super high level of challenge feels quite refreshing. Some cool new ideas too, like the wandering super-bosses that can spawn in your vicinity at any time, either forcing you to run away or fight in unfavorable conditions. Adds that roguelikey feeling of unpredictability, that Darks Souls missed.

It's kinda funny that these days the Japanase are better at this oldschool grand fantasy dungeon crawling than the culture that spawned the trope in the first place.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2854 on: April 28, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »

I don't think you do -- the fantasy steampunk nonsense world leads you to Hell, which is the last place you go iirc. I guess if you want more WW1 you can always play Lost Company Wink

Thoroughly disappointed now.
It was such a great Wolfenstein WW1 type game and then this happens. Ecch.
I guess I'll take a gander at Lost Company. I suppose I just need a good WW1 shooter, eh?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 28, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »

Capcom deserves to burn in hell for having people pay again for the same game,
Didn't the game also get a graphics update and an overhaul of some old content tho?

Anyway Capcom is one of the worst AAA publishers at the moment w/r/t shitty business practices. Almost as bad as Activision.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:37:42 PM by C.A. Sinner » Logged
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2856 on: April 28, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »

Nope. There are a few quests that spawn new monsters in the old areas but that's it. No graphics update either. The HD texture pack on the Xbox is there because the game doesn't fit on one disk now. If you don't install it, it looks worse than the original. If you do, it looks just like it did before.

But even if Dark Arisen did add new content and better graphics, it still wouldn't warrant paying for the whole thing again.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2857 on: April 28, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »

OFF.

Still trying to decide whether it's pretentious or clever.
Might be up to the player.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2858 on: April 28, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »

It's the rule of Capcom. Unless it says "MegaMan," wait until it's third installment. ALWAYS.

They've always been pretty horrendous at producing incomplete titles. And just about everyone agrees that Turbo/Hyper Fighting was both the funnest and most balanced of the eternal SF2s.

They DO make good games at least, it just takes them a few times to get it right first. At least they bother to. But yeah. Never the first or second iteration, ever.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2859 on: April 29, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »

So I finished my first round of Diablo 3 on Sunday. I'd say it was pretty fun, although a bit short storywise. I have never played the first two so there's no emotional connection with the series and I could experience it unbiased. I really don't see what the fuss was about, it's a mighty fine game. Yes, clearly the DRM system is terrible. The cut-scenes were really pretty though, I enjoyed those. I guess I'm now expected to play through the game again on Nightmare difficulty? That doesn't sound fun at all since the story is the same ... Concerned

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic