Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:41:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 901970 times)
forwardresent
« Reply #3000 on: May 16, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »

My girlfriend convinced me this Robin Hood game on Steam wasn't bad and worth the $3 or 4, and it turns out it's a pretty sick game kind of like Commandos.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: May 16, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »

Oh, I know which one you're talking about. You get a group of heroes, make a party, then cruise the map tying up thugs, looting the area, and trying to find hidden treasures in the corners of the area. There was a thing where sometimes you get attacked en-route and set an ambush or something.

I got that in some strategy game 6-in-1 with Prince of Qin, some chinese military strategy game that bored me, and Disciples 2 plus expansions. The Robin Hood game was probably the best in the pack.

It's not really difficult, but it's a fun relaxation game as you move through the map clearing out guards and occasionally trying to determine the best way to get to some part of a map to complete a task or get some loot.
Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3002 on: May 16, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »

There's a Western game in that series (Desperados?) which is really good as well.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: May 17, 2013, 05:48:26 PM »

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: May 17, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »

Grim Dawn alpha. Is good.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3005 on: May 17, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

Grim Dawn alpha. Is good.

How does it compare to Path of Exile?

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: May 18, 2013, 03:29:43 PM »

So I finished Bioshock Infinite just now. Starting on Hard was the right choice, though some sections (fucking ghost bitch) were a bit tedious this way. I don't understand the complaints about the ending. It could have been much cheaper.
Blambo
« Reply #3007 on: May 19, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »

fire emblem 3ds

enjoyed it at first, but didn't like how you could summon enemies to grind on in the world map, thus making story missions pretty much trivial. currently finding the game way too easy; all my characters are gods and i'd say i'm about 2/3rds through the game. haven't had any trouble thus far.

maybe it's different on higher difficulties, but atm it's mindless.

The Arena in earlier Fire Emblems did the same thing. Completely destroyed the very intricately woven narrative/gameplay risk in pitting yourself unprepared into the fray.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3008 on: May 19, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

I really like Banner Saga: Factions, I wouldn't have know it was out if it wasn't for the TIGs front page.

It's really fun, but I think units take way too much grinding to build, it wouldn't be so bad if I knew that other people also had to grind to stat their lineup people can just pay their way to gaining team power :S

Still, love the gameplay mechanics, love the art style

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: May 19, 2013, 06:18:09 PM »

The "pay to win" thing in MMOs isn't always done wrong. I don't mind people buying their way to top tier if the game is fun to play to get there without paying. Like, that thing with the iOS Megaman X where you could pay to unlock all the weapons at the start doesn't bug me. Or if somebody wanted to pay 100 bucks to get all the equipment from a high level dungeon in an MMO without playing it, I'm cool with that so long as playing the dungeon is fun so I can earn the equipment and have fun doing it.

What bugs me is when the game is just tedious to play and you're paying to make it not tedious so you can get to the fun part.

I've been playing the new Neverwinter MMO that went into open beta this month. It's a mixed bag. I love how the combat is more action oriented than your usual MMO and the exp curve is pretty shallow since everything gives you good xp. The cash shop borders on intrusive, though. The only way to get any of the advanced crafting tools is to buy cash booster packs, which is lame. The same goes for inventory space, when they could have just included bags are super rare items and maybe kept the biggest bags for cash shop only. Earning all that stuff by doing quests and then enjoying the added flexibility is a big part of the game and I'm sad I won't get to enjoy it.

The fact that you can still play it for free and not feel punished for doing so is refreshing, though. Most of the cash items are just luxury mounts and companions that you can live without for a long, long time.

Also replaying Pikmin 2 since last time was when I rented it for a weekend ages ago. It's cute how it takes ordinary household objects like jar lids and can openers and turns them into treasures you delight in finding and hoarding.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3010 on: May 20, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »

Started playign Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. Man, they surely loved to go bonker with timing this time. Specially since I feel you can take up less damage this time. A random encounter can kill you if you dont pay attention. Its not balls hard, but I feel it is definitely a step up in difficulty in contrast to Superstar Saga. And is it me or the story also feels a bit darker.

Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: May 20, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »

Nah it's definitely darker. People say it's the weakest of the three games, but I still enjoy it. [Course, I haven't played Inside Story and I never really beat the final boss in Superstar Saga...]
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: May 20, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »

inside story is miles better and is imo the best mario rpg. partners in time feels kinda rushed to me.

i'm playing king's bounty warriors of the north. they basically made the same game for the 3rd time now (or is it 4th?) but it's still fun. i found it in a store for 10 euros even though it's like 30 on steam.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3013 on: May 20, 2013, 12:39:26 PM »

Got Spec Ops: The Line, as I've heard much good about it. So far, it's nothing too special gameplay wise, but it's nice to play a shooter with a story that's not completely cringe worthy. Good soundtrack, too.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: May 20, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »

I think that's sort of intentional. Can't say too much without spoilers of course, but Spec Ops deconstructs its genre pretty hard.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3015 on: May 20, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »

Yeah, I know Smiley. It's hard to avoid spoilers on a game released a year ago, especially if it's something all your game designer friends talk about. It's that deconstruction aspect that got me interested in it in the first place.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »

i quit spec ops fairly early because i didn't feel trudging through a bland cover shooter just for some satire.

i kinda don't buy that the game is "intentionally bad" btw. it's just a normal shooter with bad level design. they could have made the exact same points if the gameplay wasn't a chore imo.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3017 on: May 20, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »

I've started playing through the backlog of old games(mostly coverdisks) that I was keeping for my old days, right now playing project eden. The story is stupid funny like they knew how to do in the 90s but the old school cavorting through corridors is making me dizzy

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: May 20, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »

This is the jealously thread, i can't play much these day, except tigs forums

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: May 20, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »

The story is stupid funny like they knew how to do in the 90s
oh man i miss that so much. it seems like modern game stories are either botched attempts at being "serious" or are "self aware" and "meta" in a way that gets extremely obnoxious extremely fast. bring back honest stupidity  Beg
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic