Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:35:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903308 times)
heisenbergman
Level 2

LoGaP

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 26, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »

Just got Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe over the weekend. I'm really liking the art style and "switching" mechanics of GS:TD a lot so far, but I haven't gotten too far into the game yet and I'm hoping this is not all there is to it.

SPPD is an odd little thing. It's immediately addictive like a good puzzle game usually is, but I apparently suck at it so much. Not sure if I need to beat a score and there are levels to advance/unlock but all I'm doing is repeating the same level over and over again without being sure what exactly the point of the game is.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3041 on: May 27, 2013, 12:19:05 AM »

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Continually surprised at how much I'm enjoying this game.  The game's probably the best swashbuckling simulator I've ever played.  The combat, while a bit loose and swishy, has a nice level of intensity to it, as you're trying to jockey for position, lure enemies into traps, kick them off ledges, ect...  It's a shame that the game got buried under the weight of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion as the game's quite a bit of fun and has a lot more soul.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 27, 2013, 01:52:54 AM »

dark messiah has the best first person melee system in any game ever. seriously overlooked classic imo.

the only thing that i don't like is that the setting and story are really bland. i mean im not asking for a literary masterpiece or anything, just something with more flavor than cookie cutter fantasy :/
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 27, 2013, 09:13:32 AM »

I just played through "No-one has to die" which is a really nice visual novel game with some very light puzzle parts. It's about 45 min long, free and the ending was very interesting.

I'm also playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm only chapter 5 and just lost Virion though I have done 1 or 2 resets because I don't want to lose someone like Sumia. VERY NAUGHTY!

Gua
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3044 on: May 27, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »

DayZ (spend like 500 hrs in it Who, Me?), Miasmata, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Far Cry 3, Fifa 13, Hotline Miami, X-COM: Enemy Unknown, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim DLCs, and some FTL. That what I was basically finished in 2012-2013.

Except you can't finish DayZ Smiley

Sector Zero (iOS, OUYA, Mac) http://sectorzerogame.com/
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: May 27, 2013, 11:17:08 AM »

one of the best old school FPSes. great level design, cool weapons and a perfect 90s schlock aesthetic. this is what i was talking about when i said "honest stupidity" earlier. the game is unapologetically dumb as fuck, is funny w/o needing to put on "ironic" airs and is great as a result.
forwardresent
« Reply #3046 on: May 27, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »

dark messiah has the best first person melee system in any game ever. seriously overlooked classic imo.

the only thing that i don't like is that the setting and story are really bland. i mean im not asking for a literary masterpiece or anything, just something with more flavor than cookie cutter fantasy :/

Just forget the story and pretend it's about a guy who is on a quest to kick everything. I liked the Dishonoured combat but it was no where near as fun as Dark Messiah.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3047 on: May 27, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »

INTRUSION 2

Contrary to what I thought would happen, the physics based stuff and the AI make the combat very unpredictable and fun. Highly recomended Smiley

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3048 on: May 27, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »

Just forget the story and pretend it's about a guy who is on a quest to kick everything. I liked the Dishonoured combat but it was no where near as fun as Dark Messiah.

What do you mean pretend?

I'm honestly enjoying how earnestly dumb and cliche-fantasy the story is.  That being said, the game would have been perfect if it had replaced the high-fantasy setting with a swash-buckling adventure.  Full blown Douglas Fairbanks/Errol Flynn sorta thing.  It would have been perfect to go with the mechanics.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 27, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »

Full blown Douglas Fairbanks/Errol Flynn sorta thing.  It would have been perfect to go with the mechanics.
yeah that'd have been great.

also idk, i think there generic fantasy that's still charming in a trashy way and there's generic fantasy that's just bland. dark messiah falls into the latter category for me but w/e.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3050 on: May 27, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »

That lady-demon who lives in your head is what pushes it over the edge into entertainingly dumb for me.  Every line of her voice acting just makes me cringe, especially when the "romantic subplot" starts to form with the blond mage.

forwardresent
« Reply #3051 on: May 27, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »

That lady-demon who lives in your head is what pushes it over the edge into entertainingly dumb for me.  Every line of her voice acting just makes me cringe, especially when the "romantic subplot" starts to form with the blond mage.

I went through all the effort to save her then accidentally kicked her as we were going up an elevator and she was crushed. THANK YOU FOR SA-- *Dead*

I played so much Rising Storm lately, most fun multiplayer FPS I've played in a while.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 27, 2013, 07:43:44 PM »

Finally playing la-mulana.
Played for two hours. Aimlessly wandering. Got the holy grail, dagger, ninja star, speed boots. Stumbled upon an invisible bridge. Killed a two headed snake beast. Expected a trinket. Got nothing. Game fiddles with my expectations. It's entertaining. Will probably continue playing next time I have free time.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: May 27, 2013, 08:52:17 PM »

^ The hd remake I'm guessing.
ClayB
« Reply #3054 on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:11 PM »

beat max payne 3, fuckin loved it  Cool
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: May 28, 2013, 06:57:58 AM »

Just beat Symphony of the Night. I liked it, but it got pretty monotonous and frustrating at times.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: May 28, 2013, 10:22:27 AM »

Just beat Symphony of the Night. I liked it, but it got pretty monotonous and frustrating at times.

Monotonous is right.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 28, 2013, 10:39:13 AM »

^ The hd remake I'm guessing.
yep

beat max payne 3, fuckin loved it  Cool

Enter room. Take cover. Kill swarm of enemies. Enter hallway. Max says something about booze or failure in general. Enters room at end of hallway. Take cover. Kill swarm of enemies. Cinematic in which Max picks up silenced pistol. Enter hallway. Attempt to take down enemies with stealth. Kill one from behind. No other enemies watching. Nobody sees the deed. Every enemy swarms Max. Take cover. Kill swarm of enemies.
Noir
Repeat for 10 hours.

It was alright for a cover shooter. MP2 was better. While MP1 and 2 walked a line between outright parody and omage to classic noir, MP3 tried to be die hard. Also didn't max have a bullet in his head by the end of MP2? There's no scar on his head in mp3. That was weird.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:48:47 AM by Smithy » Logged

ClayB
« Reply #3058 on: May 28, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »

beat max payne 3, fuckin loved it  Cool

Enter room. Take cover. Kill swarm of enemies. Enter hallway. Max says something about booze or failure in general. Enters room at end of hallway. Take cover. Kill swarm of enemies. Cinematic in which Max picks up silenced pistol. Enter hallway. Attempt to take down enemies with stealth. Kill one from behind. No other enemies watching. Nobody sees the deed. Every enemy swarms Max. Take cover. Kill swarm of enemies.
Noir
Repeat for 10 hours.

It was alright for a cover shooter. MP2 was better. While MP1 and 2 walked a line between outright parody and omage to classic noir, MP3 tried to be die hard. Also didn't max have a bullet in his head by the end of MP2? There's no scar on his head in mp3. That was weird.

Well I liked it.

Never played mp2, and only a little bit of mp1. I love film noir stuff so I will probably go back and play those sometime.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3059 on: May 28, 2013, 11:41:58 AM »

Gameplay-wise, Max Payne 3 is probably the best shooter I've ever played. The bullet time effect works very well with the new cover mechanics, you have a lot of freedom to shoot and the designers knew how to balance that.

Story-wise, it's the worst of the 3 by far...

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic