Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:47:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903303 times)
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 06:28:36 PM »

Well I just got Super Smash Bros Brawl, so I guess I'll be playing some of that.

Also, I still play some L4D2... Coming up on 600 hours; whew!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »

The best thing about God Hand is that it rewards skilled players by making the game harder.
Hahah yeah, the difficulty scaling is great too. I've never reached Level Die (!) yet though because I kinda suck at the game.
Brendon
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »

Alpha Protocol. Maybe it was my lowered expectations, but I'm enjoying it very much. It has  one of the best implementations of a dialogue system I've ever played.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »

The best thing about God Hand is that it rewards skilled players by making the game harder.
Hahah yeah, the difficulty scaling is great too. I've never reached Level Die (!) yet though because I kinda suck at the game.
I did...

it didn't last very long.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 01:51:15 AM »

I think it's amazing in almost every way. Game mechanics, character designs, humor and music are all top notch.

I thought assigning moves to different moves to different buttons instead of the fighter-type combo system most of these 3D beat em ups use was a clever idea. It adds a strategic element and lets you "personalize" your character according to your play style.

Some people didn't like the camera which is fixed behind your character's back and the control scheme, but I think it's just a case of confusing "unusual" with "bad". The only really glaring flaws it has are lack of multiplayer (would be an AWESOME splitscreen co-op) and randomly dropping items.

It's currently being sold in a bundle with Okami in the EU for 20 Euros, but apparently not in the US. Sad

mm I agree. I adore that game. still a bummer my ps2 broke, and this game doesn't run that well on an emulator last I checked.

I got pretty far, to the part in that cave where you have to fight the 6 midget things (cant remember). that part was frustrating.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »

Holy shit... So my roommate and I started playing the single-player/co-op campaign in Super Smash Bros Brawl about 13 hours ago and just beat it about a half an hour ago. We played the entire game from start to finish for at least 12 hours... DAMN! Wow, it was a great game, and that's not even getting into the main attraction Epileptic

JoGribbs
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 11:24:54 AM »

I played through Brawl in one sitting with a friend about a year ago. I was thinking of buying my own copy the other day, but thinking of the chore of beating it again stopped me.

Alpha Protocol. Maybe it was my lowered expectations, but I'm enjoying it very much. It has  one of the best implementations of a dialogue system I've ever played.
Oh man I played through this last month and loved the shit out of it. The 'role-playing' part of it was much better than either Mass Effect, and the straight-up stealth was better than the most recent Splinter Cell. The trouble was that is was bloated with heaps of unnecessary bullshit rpg stuff, and it often forced you into combat situations that the controls, and maybe my loadout/ skill tree, weren't designed to handle. It is the kind of game that needed a sequel to refine, because the devs just had too many ideas and threw them all in there. Too bad that will never happen, but it doesn't stop the original from being appreciated.

I just finished Beyond Good and Evil HD and the first Kane and Lynch, and am currently playing Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Twilight Princess for Gamecube and Kane and Lynch 2. The latter of which is bloody excellent and thoroughly undeserving off all the shit it gets.
imi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »

Dodonpachi

try it, love it.

Game designer
Taiko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:35 AM »

I'm super late to the party but I just bought NightSky.  I think it's Nifflas' best work since Knytt.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »

Deus Ex

Filth
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 07:47:11 AM »

I finished replaying San Andreas a few days ago, planning to play Deus Ex when I have enough time and motivation.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »

Just finished the third Sly Cooper games- I love this series to bits. It's also been giving me some ideas about pacing gameplay features. In movies, there's frequent use of 'plants'- seemingly inconsequential amounts of information that foreshadow major events, or items that are seemingly useless save a character's life. Sly uses this to a small degree, but when it works it works beautifully.

Each episode in the game is broken up into three separate 'days'- each day has a series of missions for the three playable characters, as they complete various tasks to prepare for the big operation on the third day. Sly 2 introduced this mission structure, moving away from the Mario 64-based platformer roots of the first game and into a small open-world area. Instead of just being a hub world, the city became the setting for each mission, leading to some very clever level designs.

If there was one complaint I had about Sly 2, it was that missions rarely ever went off without a hitch. Nothing was unforeseen, and the good guys made it out with no problem. It was fun, but it wasn't as exciting as it could have been- everyone knows curveballs are more interesting. Luckily, Sly 3 introduces plenty of curveballs during the missions, and it makes the game much more exciting.

In Sly 3, the mission structure is the same, but there are now more gameplay 'plants'- missions that introduce new gameplay mechanics to be used later. What makes the game more fun is that surprises are often introduced during the final operation, or even earlier on in the mission. Instead of just beating up the final boss and finishing the level, the boss runs away, and now you have to race him down on the speedboat you acquired in one of the earlier missions. Hacking into a windmill power system accidentally overloads it, creating giant flying windmill shurikens that you end up using in the final operation. Surprises like this make Sly 3 an undeniably enjoyable experience, and should be referenced by more developers.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »

TF2 Beta

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 11:48:01 AM »

Quake Live, Pokemon White, Spiral Knights, and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Toom
Level 3

You have to tell me if you're a cop.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »

Agony the Portal. I make a conscious effort not to put games on this machine, because I have the attention span of a coked-up magpie and I need to get work done, but browser games are always there.

I'm gonna beat yer ass wit dis moon tree!
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »

Shortest game of Alphaman ever. One minute into it I get the message: "You've died of radiation poisoning. Press space to continue"
This proves that Fallout is BS.

man of doom
Level 2

It's not Tom and Jerry!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »

Recommendtions for alpha protocol have led to me purchasing and loving it, so thanks guys. Also just got blazblue and it's ace.

http://manofdoom.co.uk
Where all my stuff is at!
http://soundcloud.com/man-of-doom
Various musical stuff of mine
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »

Deus Ex again. I played it for 5 hours, went to bed immediately after... not a good idea.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »

I picked up Trauma Team. It is phenomenal.

The game is broken up into six separate but intertwining plotlines each featuring a different play mechanic. The First Response levels are perhaps my favorite, as you really start feeling the crunch of desperation as victims keep piling up and you are doing all you can to keep them alive until the paramedics can back you up.

It also has some new levels that play out like Phoenix Wright, were you have to play spot the difference games with visuals and sound to diagnose patients, or combine clues to riddle out a murder in the autopsy levels.

The sci-fi focus is toned down, so no more extracting swordfish or death worms from patients.

And Theo has just convinced me to find and buy Sly 3. I loved the mission structure of Sly 2, how it felt like you really were setting up for a huge heist rather than playing a plethora of vaguely related mini-games or action stages.
dugrab
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »

I recently tried Assassin's Creed.  So far I haven't really gotton into it.  Maybe this summer when I have more time I'll try it again. 

I'm probably mostly into simple and fast games like the ones on free onlines games.  I usually play a game once or twice and then move on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic