Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:32:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903772 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5680 on: July 17, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »

Fuck yeah  Wizard

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: July 17, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »

That is an impressive gap between first and second.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5682 on: July 17, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »

It's like that on just about every level in the game.  I'm assuming it's some sort of bug, since I don't think it's even possible to get a score that high considering the time limit.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: July 17, 2014, 10:40:37 PM »

I really don't get the love I see all over for Gunman Clive. I've bought it on two different platforms in the hopes of it "clicking" but it never does.

Yeah, I mean it does do interesting things and some segments are satisfyingly challenging, and boss fights are alright, but there's something about it, maybe the fact that it's too slow and floaty. Same reason it's hard to get into kirby games
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: July 18, 2014, 04:18:34 AM »

Playing A Link Between Worlds. Loving it so far. The only issue is that I've got more money than I know what to do with. People say this is the first Zelda game that gives you stuff to actually buy, so I'll have to keep playing and see if that's true.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5685 on: July 18, 2014, 04:27:27 AM »

People say this is the first Zelda game that gives you stuff to actually buy
What the hell?

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: July 18, 2014, 06:09:45 AM »

At least buying stuff was "hidden" in this one, and distributed among many shop ...

Marc Truant
Level 0

Dun dun dunn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5687 on: July 18, 2014, 07:06:32 AM »

Currently replaying Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. While NV is no doubt buggier, the level scaling really bothers me in FO3, not to mention some of the writing and voice acting. Three Dog has a hell of a personality, Liam Neeson is Liam Neeson, and, uh... yeah. Not much character going on, generally speaking.

But I had fun with the Tenpenny Tower quest this time around. I decided to roleplay pretty heavily, and my morally good character decided to go and try and work it out with ghoul Roy Phillips. After all, I wanted to eliminate tension between the ghouls and the bigots in Tenpenny Tower. I didn't want to kill the ghouls either... Roy Phillips was a bastard, I knew as much, but the other ghouls with him were good people dealt a bad hand.

That being said, I was aware of the in-game consequences of letting the ghouls in to Tenpenny Tower, because I had done it before. And, anyways, even if I didn't choose that option, it's not that hard to see that Roy is a monster.

So I killed him. Blew his brains out with a Combat Shotgun. I tried to yield to the other two ghouls, but they kept attacking me, and I had to do what I had to do. And I felt very bad about it.

When I went back to Tenpenny Tower, Gustavo paid me for the murder of the ghouls. There was no option to refuse the money. Unnerved by what I had done, as well as the callous attitude of Gustavo and his employer, I went up to see Tenpenny and killed him. Then I went down, killed Gustavo, and fled. Hit the road again, and that was that.

Not going along with the actual quest line and kind of forging my own path, my own narrative, actually made that part of the game a lot of fun. It allowed the experience to actually resonate with me, even if the game would not particularly recognize my decision. I probably had more fun doing that than anything else I had done in my replay up until then.
gamerzap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: July 18, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »

What the hell?

The only LoZ I can think of that didn't have anything to buy was the second one...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:41:08 AM by gamerzap » Logged
bitserum
« Reply #5689 on: July 18, 2014, 09:39:58 AM »

I tried to yield to the other two ghouls, but they kept attacking me, and I had to do what I had to do. And I felt very bad about it.

I always felt the whole yielding mechanic in FO3 and NV to be really poorly implemented, most everyone was just... always hostile once set off :-/
Marc Truant
Level 0

Dun dun dunn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5690 on: July 18, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »

I always felt the whole yielding mechanic in FO3 and NV to be really poorly implemented, most everyone was just... always hostile once set off :-/

Yeah, I agree. Typically, when a gunfight goes down, I just end up going through with it because I know they probably won't accept my yield anyways.

But I tried, just that once, for those ghouls. Sad
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: July 18, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »

What the hell?

The only LoZ I can think of that didn't have anything to buy was the second one...
Playing any Legend of Zelda since Ocarina of Time would give you the issue of having a tonne of rupees, but nothing useful to spend them on. Wind Waker was probably the worst at this, because you would find rupees and treasure maps everywhere, but there was nothing to regularly spend them on besides bait, and the larger wallets could be found very early on. I ended up with a maxed out wallet well before I even got to hunting the triforce shards. Skyward Sword made an attempt at fixing this by letting you upgrade equipment. Supposedly ALBW's solution to the problem was to make you 'loan' out your equipment which is lost everytime you die. But unless you die about 10 times per dungeon there's no way I can see anyone ever having to worry about how much cash they have left.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: July 18, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »

ya the way the loan system is implemented in ALBW is dumb as shit. you can even completely circumvent it by loading a checkpoint lol.

the rest of the game is neato though
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5693 on: July 18, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »

Yeah, renting items in ALBW doesn't work, but I love how they give you massive amounts of rupees and also things to spend them on.

If the game started on Hero Mode and gave you even more creative ways to spend your rupees it would have been excellent.
Uykered
« Reply #5694 on: July 18, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »

After Hero Mode is finished you unlock the ability to adjust the game's sound volume.
ChoinHeap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5695 on: July 18, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »

Been playing through oot out of "gamer obligation" mainly because I bought it on the Wii VC aeons ago and would feel bad if it wasn't beaten. I'm on the Shadow Temple but I find it annoying due to a lot of the enemies just freezing you just because you're in their proximity.

Also playing through Enemy Zero, this game is kind of cool so far but I haven't gotten to the invisible enemies yet. Apparently they're really hard but I had no problems with them in training mode.  Cool Invisible enemies are badass in general, System Shock 2 and FEAR to note examples. There's something about the enemy having a hardcore advantage over you. Not imposing you through shear power level but through sight/sound/senses.
ink.inc
« Reply #5696 on: July 18, 2014, 10:58:29 PM »

blaster master

moving around and jumping looks/feels amazing, just watching that little tank stretch and squash is a lot of fun
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: July 19, 2014, 07:18:39 PM »

Blaster Master is really beautiful. There was a PSX sequel that was pretty average, but still fun. Also, the PSX sequel was a sequel to the novelization of the original game, so it features characters and backstory that have absolutely nothing to do with the original NES title, which is awkwardly humorous.

Papers, Please was really fun. I really liked how the game left you open to decide the best way to manage verification of the documents and create your own rhythm, arranging documents for quick verification. Or perhaps I'm just good at it because I spend so much time at work checking documents for errors. Also, Jorji would rank pretty high on my list of favorite video game characters.

I started playing Lightning Returns. Despite the plot resembling Majora's Mask, it reminds me way more of Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter with a non-linear structure. Whereas Majora's Mask used the three day counter as a way to track movements of NPCs, Lightning Returns uses the clock to push you constantly forward because if you dawdle you will run out of time and get a game over. After the very brief tutorial level you can hop a train to any of the four zones and take on any of the four main quests in the order you want, or focus on sidequests for stat boosts. It also has really hard combat - if you don't learn enemy attack patterns, the best times to block and carefully build your schemas to have the right kinds of attacks you get killed a lot (which costs you an hour of time in-game for each death). Unlike other Final Fantasy games, each enemy has a learning curve until you discover the best timing for blocking attacks and what elements to use to stagger them to kill them. I also like that you gain stats from quests instead of combat, so the level curve is a lot better.

All in all, it plays drastically different from any other Final Fantasy game.

Also, in the first 6 hours of the day I met a little girl who asked me to find her green doll, then I gave her a red one. Not only did I fail the side quest permanently (forever marked in my menu with a big red X), but the little girl literally went insane and began laughing maniacally. It was actually a great way to set the tone that this game isn't afraid to punish you for mistakes.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5698 on: July 19, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »

I started playing Lightning Returns. Despite the plot resembling Majora's Mask, it reminds me way more of Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter with a non-linear structure. Whereas Majora's Mask used the three day counter as a way to track movements of NPCs, Lightning Returns uses the clock to push you constantly forward because if you dawdle you will run out of time and get a game over. After the very brief tutorial level you can hop a train to any of the four zones and take on any of the four main quests in the order you want, or focus on sidequests for stat boosts. It also has really hard combat - if you don't learn enemy attack patterns, the best times to block and carefully build your schemas to have the right kinds of attacks you get killed a lot (which costs you an hour of time in-game for each death). Unlike other Final Fantasy games, each enemy has a learning curve until you discover the best timing for blocking attacks and what elements to use to stagger them to kill them. I also like that you gain stats from quests instead of combat, so the level curve is a lot better.

All in all, it plays drastically different from any other Final Fantasy game.

Also, in the first 6 hours of the day I met a little girl who asked me to find her green doll, then I gave her a red one. Not only did I fail the side quest permanently (forever marked in my menu with a big red X), but the little girl literally went insane and began laughing maniacally. It was actually a great way to set the tone that this game isn't afraid to punish you for mistakes.

Whoa, it sounds like it's actually good? I assumed Square Enix had completely lost it after I played FF13. Sounds like this one might be worth a look...

Crypt of the NecroDancer is awesome. I didn't realize it wasn't available for preorder anymore, but you'll all be able to buy it in a couple of weeks.

Jarkko Vallius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5699 on: July 19, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »

I started to play Walking Dead for the first time. Not much to actual play though, but the storytelling and overall style are interesting. Like watching tv show but sometimes you have to do decisions.

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic