Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 02:32:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904023 times)
SrGrafo
Level 0

Artist / Animator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6600 on: March 06, 2015, 03:02:31 AM »

Dark Souls 2 ng+ ovo

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: March 06, 2015, 03:22:57 AM »

Wind Waker HD - does a lot of good things right, like art style, enemy configurations, enemy movesets, content, puzzles and side bits, combat, but even with the faster sailing, it is still pretty boring to explore the seas. Also the dungeons, while they have such fantastic design in terms of aesthetic and size, are almost as linear as SS. I wouldn't mind linearity but coming off ALttP rom hacks where exploration is so complex to the point of being one of the harder puzzles, it's hard to transition. I'd say overall it's a good zelda game

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: March 06, 2015, 03:13:58 PM »

Currently playing Chrono Trigger for the first time (I know don't shoot me  Beg) so far it's epic!!

I've tried on a few occasions but don't have the patience for that shit anymore.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: March 07, 2015, 01:34:14 PM »

I've been itchin' to play a fast paced fps. Installed the DooM IIs and felt really stupid cause I got lost/stuck on a level. Tried Hard Reset, but the guns felt weak and I hate upgrade systems. Don't think I'm into the whole using the environment as traps thing either. Replaying Serious Sam 3 in co-op is really hitting the spot though.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: March 07, 2015, 01:38:37 PM »

doom is actually not thaaaat fast paced. it becomes pretty puzzley in the later levels in fact.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: March 07, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »

Yeah, that's why I got lost and dropped it. The weapons are real nice in the game. I might try the Shadow Warriors after Serious Sam.
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: March 07, 2015, 04:34:27 PM »

i've started playing Silent Hill 2.

i love it.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6607 on: March 07, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »

i've started playing Silent Hill 2.

i love it.

one of my all time favs

the way they do atmosphere definitely still holds up imo
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6608 on: March 08, 2015, 11:59:38 AM »

i accidentally ended up playing all of tomb raider 2013 yesterday in one sitting. i don't even think it's that great, but it was entertaining enough to keep me occupied and my roommate watched me for all 10.5 hours. if he wasn't watching i would've probably quit at some point. considering how rarely i actually beat games, this is really weird. the bow was really fun to use, though. i would totally play the sequel if it were coming out for a system that i would own, but unfortunately it's going to be xbone exclusive. the opening hours are def. kind of gross with all the gruesome death animations but luckily they drop that shit about halfway through. i'm sad that they didn't have more of the tombs to raid in the game... they were my favorite part.

overall, a big dumb ol' post-uncharted 2 aaa game that is p. well-made and has a good bow. 8outta10

CrayderStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6609 on: March 08, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »

Finally getting around to finishing Borderlands 2. I've been on and off that game for literally years, so its fulfilling to finally dedicate time to play it.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: March 09, 2015, 07:28:20 AM »

OlliOlli 2 is really really fun, and it's a lot better than the original (which I loved, btw).

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: March 09, 2015, 08:45:29 AM »

They've release a 2nd OlliOlli? Does it still have the 5 objectives thing? I thought it was a pretty cool way to do a runner
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: March 10, 2015, 03:43:57 AM »

I finally got around to taking the three minutes it takes to set up TiMidity for ZDooM and armed with a good sound font I've been playing bits and pieces of old DooM engine games with vastly improved music. It's made a huge difference, the guitars actually sound like guitars! Hexen especially is like night and day, just from playing the first map you can make out the choir and that adds so much to the whole experience. Strife I haven't tried yet but that's kind of a time investment and not the coffee break thrills of a hellspawn outbreak on Mars. Makes me wonder why I didn't do this sooner.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: March 10, 2015, 03:50:28 AM »

i love the shitty general midi guitars in the original doom. it sounds like devo covering metallica.
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6614 on: March 10, 2015, 04:26:55 AM »

I've tried on a few occasions but don't have the patience for that shit anymore.

Haha yeah it can get a very repeative at times, though I tend to only play it an hour at a time which makes it easier to play!

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6615 on: March 10, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »

I got around to playing Super Motherload, the remake of the flash hit from many years ago.

Somehow it's worse than the original, not including music and art design which is fantastic this time around. There are way less upgrades than the original, and the 'special' upgrades which make minor changes to the gameplay are so impossibly expensive that there is no way you will buy any of them before they become moot. There is also way less character to the game than the original; there's no cool graphics or flavour-text to accompany upgrades and items, the art direction feels cold and emotionless, there is not much to find when digging besides ores, there are no enemies to fight (besides the atrocious final boss fight), the list goes on. The story wasn't a strong point of the original, but it's also pretty boring this time around. Countless characters will pop in to deliver a line or two, never to be heard from again. The story is pretty much the same as the original but completely ineffective at holding my interest, despite it's potential possibilites (c'mon, digging deeper to find some horror lurking beneath is such an exciting concept, how can you not make that work?).

The progression also feels off. Upgrades are essentially useless after a certain point in the game, and I already talked about the 'special' upgrades. There are also obnoxious compulsory fetch quests that kill completely kill any semblance of pacing the game had.

If you want to relive the fun of the original Motherload, just play Steamworld: Dig instead. It takes the formula of Motherload and perfects it. Seriously it's a perfect game.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: March 11, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »

They've release a 2nd OlliOlli? Does it still have the 5 objectives thing? I thought it was a pretty cool way to do a runner
Yup, plus there is a lot of new tricks/stunts. Grin

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: March 12, 2015, 02:48:40 AM »

Hotline Miami 2 duh
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6618 on: March 15, 2015, 03:28:21 AM »

Ori and the Blind Forest, from the hour I've played it, is fantastic. It's got a beautiful setting, with great atmosphere. The music is hauntingly beautiful. The platforming is alright, not too hard, not totally easy. It's like Trine, if Trine had been more dramatic and less focused on puzzles.

Also, a lot of Unity games can kinda be seen as Unity games. You can see the default shader, or some little quirk that makes you think, "Ah, this was made in unity", in the same way that unreal has it's quirks. But this game is so well programmed that it seems entirely unique.

TRY IT.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: March 15, 2015, 04:11:41 AM »

Finished up Ni No Kuni. The alchemy quest near the end of the game that makes you grind for rare ingredients was tedious, and felt inconsistent with the forgiving nature of the rest of the quests. Not to mention, that if you don't understand how the item drops are listed in the bestiary you could waste a lot of time killing monsters that only drop items when you steal, or stealing from monsters that only drop items when they die.

Other than that, though, the trophies were designed in a forgiving fashion that gives the player room to skip and choose how to approach them. One trophy is for collecting 250 familiars out of 300+, which is pretty fair if you take the time to capture and raise a wide variety through the main game. Another is for crafting the majority of the alchemy items, but is made easier since the Wizard's Companion and bestiary give you in-game clues on where to get the items.

Where the post-game really shines is that most of the quests, in addition to mechanical rewards like weapons and alchemy formula, give you pretty significant revelations to backstory elements. Defeating the final megaboss also gives you a fun toy to play with on the overworld, although at that point you have very nearly no reason to keep playing and use it. Likewise, the secret familiar you get from the arena is pointless, since by that point in the game you're already so powerful that leveling it up to see its evolutions is only done for its own sake.

Still an absolutely gorgeous game overall, and the inclusion of the Wizard's Companion as an in-game, in-character strategy guide was a stroke of absolute brilliance.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic