Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:40:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903781 times)
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: August 20, 2015, 05:29:02 AM »

My mom rarely played video games but my grandma still plays Zelda, Monster Party, Wizards & Warriors 1/2/3, etc. on the NES emulator I set up on her laptop. I got her a USB NES controller. We used to play them together all the time on the console itself, along with various SNES games. Her hands are pretty shaky but she still to this day tears it up on the NES Castlevania games. I am not really into the whole "I'm more gamer than you" social competitiveness nonsense but I still can't help but feel a sense of pride saying "My grandma can probably kick your ass at that game" and sincerely mean it.

Your grandma sounds really cool. I'm jealous.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7281 on: August 20, 2015, 06:23:30 AM »

i think the gaming parental figures deserves its own topic, how about splitting it mr modersators.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: August 20, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »

I've been playing Cities: Skylines, I'm a bit addicted to be honest. It's like Sim City but on a whole new bigger scale. There is a lot to do! and I mean a lot!

From ensuring fire safety to providing sufficient electricity. People are always complaining! lol but all in all I'd recommend it, I'm playing it on Steam at the moment.

Have a look:

Cities skylines is the best city builder in ages
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7283 on: August 20, 2015, 08:58:11 AM »

Zeus is still better

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: August 20, 2015, 09:41:44 AM »

Zeus is still better

i said "in ages", meaning its the best modern city builder. zeus is better but its ancient (LITERALLY).
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7285 on: August 20, 2015, 10:31:27 AM »

come on, its not like zeus was released 15 yea--goddamit

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: August 20, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »

Stage 4 of Crypt of the Necrodancer is kicking my ass. I was amazed when I got to the Ringer the first time and died instantly. I'm so done with this.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: August 20, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »

The upside is that you can fight Dead Ringer in the arena to learn his pattern and defeat him.

Are you playing single zone or all zones? The game is designed so that you should start by beating each zone solo, and only play all zones mode after you know how to beat everything.

But yeah, the way the game handles final bosses is a pain in the butt, since you're pretty much guaranteed to die on your first try and have to practice the arena before you try again for real.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7288 on: August 20, 2015, 06:06:52 PM »

It is done

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: August 20, 2015, 06:16:01 PM »

well now onto all the speed port of unleash, unleash wii and sonic colors

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7290 on: August 20, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »

But yeah, the way the game handles final bosses is a pain in the butt, since you're pretty much guaranteed to die on your first try and have to practice the arena before you try again for real.

At least they unlock after you fight them once. I could totally see it being a thing to have to fight your way all the way through the zone again to get another practice attempt.

Dead Ringer is pretty confusing at first, but a fun fight once you figure it out. Stick with it!

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7291 on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:52 PM »

I started playing TES5: Skyrim again. Playing a destruction mage this time, since it's like the one method I've never done before. Mmmm, maybe I've not done two-handed, either.

I've done like everything in this game but I keep going back to it now and again. Apparently TES6 is gonna be a long time coming, though, since Bethesda considers ESO a TES game and will ship Fallout 4 before starting the next TES.

Kinda makes me sad. Fallout 3 & Fallout: NV seemed like a lot of Fallout, would rather play a new TES than Fallout game.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: August 21, 2015, 01:01:56 AM »

this is all i need from life
https://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_hasbro_dd_classics_bundle_200815
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: August 21, 2015, 07:24:14 AM »

tfw everytime gog is having a sale u realize u have all the gams already
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: August 21, 2015, 04:03:41 PM »

tfw u have a bad day at work and u need retail therapy but u already own all the games for everything.

JWK5
« Reply #7295 on: August 22, 2015, 04:04:09 AM »

You have no idea how many times I've had to visit internetslang.com to figure out what your three or four letter abbreviations you keep using mean. Aside from making me feel very out of touch with the mysterious world of internet, I am somewhat horrified that there is a website cataloging what is likely hundreds if not thousands of three or four letter abbreviations for words nobody could be bothered to type or write.

Anyways, I started playing Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. I love this game, one of my favorite puzzle battle games, playing Magic the Gathering with my wife reminded me of it which spiraled me into a Clash of Heroes spree. I've been busy as of late so I am only squeezing in a few rounds here or there, which is another thing I like about it (the pick-up-and-play nature of it). It is on Steam, Silbereisen, you might like it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56:17 AM »

well to be fair, i dont normally use "tfw". it was meant to be tongue in cheek. WATEVER

i know clash of heroes but i don't like puzzle games Sad
JWK5
« Reply #7297 on: August 22, 2015, 07:02:22 AM »

i know clash of heroes but i don't like puzzle games Sad
I am not a big fan of them either, other than maybe on the odd occasion Super Puzzle Fighter if I can get another person to join in, but Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is more like a tactical RPG battle mixed with a card battle game than a traditional puzzle game.

It has the match 3 colors bit of a puzzle game, but it works in that once you line up 3 (or more for more powerful) units vertically they lock into attack formation with an overlayed counter (showing which round they will launch their attack) or you can line them up horizontally and they will create a line of walls which move to the front of your units (and successive walls merge into stronger walls) which act as damage soakers. As units deliver damage they lose health so walls are a good way to minimize how far into your field enemy units get. As your units deplete you may manually opt to replenish your field, which costs one of the three action points you get per turn. You normally swap units to make attack chains but you can also delete a unit (which costs an action point) and if you form a chain that way you get an action point back (making it essentially a free move).

Each unit has it's own strength and defense, and different method of attack. Prior to battle you compose your units out of a combination of 5 types from 7 (and you can have duplicates in the 5), 3 grunts and 1 stronger and 1 strongest unit. The stronger units are "2 units long" vertically so their attack formation takes up 4 unit spaces but they have a unique special ability (for example the elves' stag can jump walls) and the strongest unit is "2 units long, 2 units wide" so its formation takes up 8 unit spaces (as you have to stack 4 behind it instead of 3) and it has some major field-wide destruction power. There are 5 factions (elves, demons, undead, sorcerers, sacred) and each has its own 7 unit types.

You choose your main character (aligned with a faction) and you can choose a relic that alters the way battle works (for example, giving you a full magic bar at the start of battle or causing the titan unit's attack to completely destroy walls). Attacks that break through your line (by killing units on your field to clear a path) damage your health gauge. As your health gauge takes damage your magic gauge builds and when it is full you can unleash your main character's special attack.

It requires some pretty deep strategy with enough random thrown in to keep you on your toes. It also has a campaign mode with a story and such and it is a blast to play multiplayer. It still might not be your cup of tea, but it is unlike any "puzzle" game I've played before, it is very different even from games like Puzzle Quest, it is more like a rapid fire tactial RPG battle (basically one automated movement and a very short rather than a lengthy battlefield).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:07:37 AM by JWK5 » Logged
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: August 22, 2015, 07:27:25 AM »

I don't know what tfw stands for properly, I just know how it's used and when to use it. Which is... says a lot about language probably maybe.

Sort of like how I started using "so'p" facetiously when I saw it mentioned in as an unatested-but-possible word in a research paper on the origins of yep, nope, and welp. The proper grammar for so'p just kind of /emerged/ to me.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: August 22, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »

Getting back to monster hunter 4 now that I'm done with bloodborne.

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic