Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:11:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903137 times)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: January 07, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »

Alpha Protocol is great, though some people hate the gameplay so much that they can't stand it. If you try to play it like a normal shooter you'll be very unhappy, because it's an RPG that pretends to be a shooter :|

I've heard that a couple different places and I am totally okay with it. I ordered a copy off of Amazon- should be in my dorm by next week. Gonna do an Archer playthrough and be as much an asshole secret agent as I can be.
iffi
« Reply #781 on: January 08, 2012, 02:31:16 AM »

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. The tutorials and the hints mode are great for getting started!
antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 08, 2012, 03:21:14 AM »

Sorry guys.  Sad Are FPS games frowned upon here?
The issue isn't that it's an FPS, it's that you only recently heard of the game. It's an oldish, fairly popular game
"Fairly popular" being an underexaggeration. The original CS popularized the modern-day setting for FPS's pretty much single-handedly, and it, along with CS:S, are still among the most-played games on Steam even more than a decade after CS was released and more than half a decade after CS:S.

Also, any fan of CS, and even many non-fans, would be mortally offended to hear anyone claim that CS is more "casual" than CoD (whatever "casual" means, anyway). It takes quite a lot of skill to truly master CS, and it's one of the most popular competition games.

antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 08, 2012, 04:04:33 AM »

KAG for days.
I know that feel bro

Double post!

jericito
Level 0

i <3 pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #784 on: January 08, 2012, 06:58:33 AM »

can't stop playing supercratebox... Smiley

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 08, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »

Started and beat Uncharted 3 today. I played about half of Arkham City yesterday.

A little disappointed with both. Oh well. The combat seemed a lot more tedious in both of them compared to their prequels.

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #786 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »

Started and beat Uncharted 3 today.
You beat Uncharted 3 in a day?  Shocked I've heard it's even shorter than Uncharted 2, and I've been playing Uncharted 2 for a while now.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 08, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »

It probably only took 8 hours. It wasn't like I had anything else to do today.

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: January 09, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »

Playing Bastion. And i got one ending. Now i want the other one Cheesy

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: January 09, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »

Nuclear Dawn can be one of the most satisfying team-based video games ever. This is one of those game you NEEEEEED a microphone for.

It gets a little crazy with too many people, but dang dude.

When you're losing points and resources, pushed back into your main base on one side of the map, and then figure out a way to get back out there and regain ground as a team, in whatever way works best. Whether the whole team goes full out heavy and taking out people and buildings down the main line, or sneaking with a small team of mostly assassin type people and laying charges on their power lines which takes down their turrets and supplies further down the line to help the rest of your crew push through.

It's so stinking satisfying when you all work as a team, set your own objectives as a team, complete them as a team, repeat until you win the game together.

This is when the game is great.

Sometimes people fight though. That sucks and we always lose when that happens.
Fegon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 10, 2012, 08:50:47 AM »

Metal Gear for GBC. I have always loved the graphics, as they are amazing. It´s nice straight forward fun and the breif story telling makes me actually follow the story. Although "Any final words?" does not mean "Tell me your life story".
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:56:28 AM by Fegon » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 10, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »

Metal Gear Solid for GBC is great. In MGS4 when I saw the girl with the marionettes, I assumed Snake's comment on her familiarity was a reference to Marionette Owl from MGS for GBC. The whole Mantis thing made no sense until I realize I'd gotten the wrong reference.

I got Gitaroo Man! for the PS2 but the disc is scratched. It freezes at the start of level 3 no matter how much I clean it. Looks like I'll have to return to Gamestop and see if they can exchange it for another copy. And I was so close! The music is great, and unlike EBA (Which I loved) it's all original. The between level cutscenes are reminiscent of 90s era claymation and have this odd appeal to me. Maybe I'll be able to get a working copy by this weekend so I can play it through and enjoy it.

I've finally gotten to play Okami and man is it beautiful. Once you get used to using the celestial brush it feels so perfect to halt the combat and paint sword slashes, or summon up some trees. I'll have to write a more detailed review when I manage to beat it, which is looking like it could take a while. So much stuff to find!

I also finished Beyond Good and Evil the other day. It was really good, but it wasn't as great as I'd been led to believe all these years. The way your photos are used in-game for all the final sequences is a great touch, though. They could've been lazy and just used stock photos but they didn't.

The emphasis on stealth action is a little disappointing, as it starts to wear thin after the third dungeon in a row where you have to evade detection. The team mechanic where you command your buddy feels really good, though, and combat is fun even though it's really simple.

The way how the bulk of your money is not earned from combat, but by photography is a neat variation on the standard formula. The downside is that it's way too easy to get enough to buy out all the shops, and by the halfway point of the game you'll have enough money to keep your inventory permanently maxed out.

It also seems terribly awkward that you pay for goods in the enemy stronghold with a universal credit card, and yet the enemy never seems to think to trace those accounts.

The last sequence of the final battle is fun, too. The only thing bugging me now is I really wonder what a box of K-Bups tastes like.

Don't get the steam version if you buy it, though. The Steam version is a buggy piece of crap. Get the downloadable HD version on a console.
PaleFox
« Reply #792 on: January 13, 2012, 12:41:28 AM »

Mass Effect
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 13, 2012, 12:54:17 AM »

Replaying some Legend of Zelda games on emulator. Unfortunately my laptop is too slow for Dolphin, so no WindWaker Sad

I was a bit hesitant on Adventure of Link because of what I've heard of it, but it's actually a really good challenging platformer, especially enemy fights. Don't know if there are any platforming elements other than "try not to get knocked into pits in the darkness by bats", but I'm looking forward to it. I like how dependent you are in listening to townsfolk and keeping note of tips, hints or requests too.

Also a bit hesitant on playing Link's Awakening (DX) because I had tried it before and seemed like a "messy" version of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Season, but re-tried it and, in a sense, was right, it's got a mood midway between the first Legend of Zelda and the 2 Oracle LoZ. So you have the tight gameplay of the Oracle LoZ games, with the "lost" feeling of the first LoZ, especially when it comes to visual clues on puzzle solving and boss fights.
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:23 AM »

I'll probably be playing Shadow of the Colosuss and Kingdom Hearts soon.

First time with each.
ink.inc
« Reply #795 on: January 13, 2012, 01:34:19 AM »

I'll probably be playing Shadow of the Colosuss and Kingdom Hearts soon.

First time with each.

Ah two of my favorite games.

I wonder how well the original KH stands up...
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: January 13, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »

Well, scratch that. My computer can't run the PS2 emulation as well as I'd hoped.

:C I guess I'll just stick to psx emulation for now and work on righting that particular void in my childhood until I get a better computer.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: January 15, 2012, 10:08:34 AM »

My PS3 gave the Yellow light ( Cry) so instead of Just Cause 2 I'm playing Far Cry. Fantastic game.
I'm playing it at the Realistic difficulty with no AI-balancing. For the bragging rights.  Cool

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 15, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »

Been playing Serious Sam 3 co-op in Mental. This game is definitely up there with Dark Souls for GOTY 2011 contention.

Also been playing the GoD version of Bullet Soul. It's not as bad as people made it out to be. If you play aggressive, the game gets pretty fun around stage 3.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 15, 2012, 01:39:07 PM »

Sorry Shigeru Miyamoto, but none of your Legend of Zelda games comes close to the perfection that is Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic