Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:44:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903102 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:48 AM »

cool!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

anyway, another annoying thing about MTGPQ: the always-online requirement and resulting loading times for literally everything menu-related. i was on wifi when i played it the other day so it was bearable, but on mobile internet it's pure torture. but damn, i really feel like there's a good game somewhere underneath this mess. :/
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8001 on: February 09, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »

Playing MGS: Peace Walker on PS3, really liking it. The base management and the CQC mechanics are great.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8002 on: February 09, 2016, 06:46:22 PM »

firewatch is downloading right now

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: February 09, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »

Finished Firewatch. It was pretty good, disappointing ending. Extremely buggy. Crashed twice and I got stuck on things I shouldn't have been able to walk on three times that resulted in five to ten minutes of wiggling my way down.

Sad that someone has already done my photography idea now to some extent. Tongue

xchen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: February 10, 2016, 05:35:23 PM »

The writing was amazing. I loved every second of it. I was disappointed it was so buggy on PS4 and will play it again once patched, possibly more. The creative direction of this game was so well done, a must play.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8005 on: February 10, 2016, 06:15:31 PM »

i'm also pretty disappointed in the state of the ps4 port. kind of want to wait for the patch, so i can finish it unsullied. i really dig it so far, though. love rich sommer, too

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8006 on: February 14, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »

Something I'm not really liking in Peace Walker is that bosses are bullet-sponges. I've read it's because they are made for co-op, but couldn't the game adjust the boss' health/resistance depending on the number of players? I'm now on a boss battle that I can't pass because of this problem, and for some reason I can't search for players online, rip.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: February 14, 2016, 03:52:05 PM »

[recreating the duke nukem 2 intro] I'M... NOT.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: February 15, 2016, 10:25:08 PM »

was playing Blue Estate  and i'm pretty surprised by how fun it is. It's a rail shooter (house of the dead, Virtua cop).

Worth trying since it's on sale until 2/22.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: February 16, 2016, 06:03:10 AM »

was playing Blue Estate  and i'm pretty surprised by how fun it is. It's a rail shooter (house of the dead, Virtua cop).

Worth trying since it's on sale until 2/22.

I used to play these games at arcades all the time as a kid, so they hold huge nostalgia value for me. House of the Dead 2 and Time Crisis were the shit.

How fun is it without a lightgun or suitable replacement like a wiimote tho?
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: February 16, 2016, 09:22:27 AM »

hmmmm .... i guess it depends on taste.
was funny for me playing with a mouse (even though a bit too easy (you can disable aim assist)).
The voice acting adds a lot to the fun and the gameplay is solid.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: February 16, 2016, 04:29:59 PM »

you can get Golden Axe and Jet Set Radio for free on steam right now.

http://www.makewarnotlove.com/results.php
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: February 19, 2016, 12:37:20 PM »

got 2 more steam keys from the make war no love thing.
(contains Condemns:criminal orgin , Binary domain & street of rage 2)

- WLBIW-(5+2)PMP3- (2+1)VATC
- WNB68-0NKKB-KTGJL
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: February 19, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »

Claimed the second code

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: February 21, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »

I played my first 2 sessions of Warhammer Quest yesterday and the night before that and I gotta agree with Silbereisen, this gam is incredible. I think it has just the right amount of progression for this type of game, it's not overly complicated but it gets the job done. I also really like how you keep going in the campaign whether you win or lose, it means the consequences of your actions will be felt for a long time. Kinda like Descent except without the Overlord.

I think the only thing I can see that seems bad is that the Bright Wizard is tuned for a full party and doesn't work that well if you're only playing 2p. Cuz her powers only work when she's at like 4 health remaining and at lower player counts that's a much smaller part of your health pool, percentage-wise.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: February 21, 2016, 03:49:01 PM »

bright wizard in 2p is a good challenge once youve mastered the game systems tho. i completed the entire campaign that way. the real negative point about the game is imo the delve quest which is just poorly balanced (tho there are some fixes, even designer-approved ones iirc) floating around on BGG.

to me the best thing about WHQ:ACG is how well both the characters and enemies synergize. it feels like a very "complete" system in that way, which is refreshing in an age where more and more board/card games get released with "cut content".

when/if they release an expansion i'm not even sure i would want many new enemies, gear or dungeon cards tbh. dilution is an ever-looming threat. tho more bosses and campaigns would be nice. and also another set of 4 characters that play off of each other as well as the original 4.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:56:13 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: February 21, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »

Yeah, if you think of Bright Wizard 2P as simply a "challenge" then I can see the appeal. I certainly will be attempting it at some point to see just how difficult it might be. Though having an actual hard difficulty mode would also have been nice.

It does raise an interesting question though - whether or not classes *should* be balanced (in a single player or co-op game) or if it's OK that some classes are weaker than others. I remember how in ADOM there were some classes that appeared to be intentionally designed to be weaker than others. Like you could play a wizard, or you could just begin the game as a farmer and your dog. In that scenario it's obvious that the wizard has a far greater potential.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: February 21, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »

i really like that approach personally. it's cooler and more thematic than a difficulty selection. ideally, you'd have a pool of "normal" balanced classes and some outlier difficult and easy ones.

btw, demon's souls trolls you by making the weakest looking starting class the easiest and the strongest looking one the hardest. doubly so because the shitty strong looking starting class is the BARBARIAN. everyone knows barbarians are scrublord class in every rpg. NOT SO IN THIS GAME. demon's souls in general seems to have been designed to be counterintuitive to people used to rpg conventions. but i digress.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: February 21, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »

Chaos Reborn is pretty neat. It's by Julian Gollop, probably best known as the designer of the original X-Com. It's a sort of turn based tactics game/card game hybrid where each player is a wizard summoning creatures and casting magic missile spells and that whole deal.

There's a pretty heavy luck management component. Also your deck is actually randomly built for you each game and you only have limited control over which cards are going to be in it (via equipping your character with gear). Both of these things were initially offputting to me, but the game actually works really well and really forces you to improvise with what you're given which is great. There are no hit points and the "defense" stat only determines your chances to dodge an attack. Because everyone dies in 1 hit, the game becomes REALLY positioning heavy. Like, you can't just steamroll your opponent with a huge army of creatures. If you position your wizard poorly, they could still potentially get killed by a rat or a goblin (and you would lose the game).

There's also a cool bluffing mechanic where you can summon a creature as an "illusion" at 100% cast chance. The creature will have the exact same stats and etc as a creature summoned the normal way, except your opponent can use an action called "disbelieve" to destroy an illusion immediately.

Singleplayer campaign is pretty ok with some light 4X elements, but multiplayer is where it's at.
Canned Turkey
« Reply #8019 on: February 21, 2016, 10:21:42 PM »

I'm playing this.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic