Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:00:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903367 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8220 on: May 03, 2016, 11:04:21 PM »

I set up my brand new RetroPie, I downloaded the roms for what SEGA games that I still own and the isos for what Playstation games I still own (and I was hella surprised at what games I still own) and what was supposed to be a quick test to see how well PS games perform turned into an entire afternoon getting sidelined by Bushido Blade.
F1GHTOFFYRDMNS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: May 06, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »

I can't seem to stop playing Crypt of the Necrodancer on my Vita. It's amazing. I also finally just got the Mega Man Legacy Collection on PS4. I highly recommend both if anyone has any passing interest in either one. Mega Man even has save states now, which makes the game significantly less frustrating, which is great because I don't have the time in my life these days to replay levels 8000 times just to get annihilated by bosses constantly (although it definitely gets easier to beat levels/bosses when you don't have to just use the mega buster any more).

FGHT FF YR DMNS. MK GMS N YR SLP. PLY N YR SLP.
0stasis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8222 on: May 06, 2016, 09:30:08 AM »

I've been playing CSGO but now that I've tried Overwatch, I can't see myself playing for a while.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: May 06, 2016, 10:28:17 AM »

I got Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game today because it was dirt cheap.

Not usually a fan of these sorts of euro games (I've never even played the Castles of Burgundy board game lol), but this one is really fun. It's a tableau building game and has the optimization puzzle aspect "heavy" Euros are known for while simultaneously being really fast moving which is neat.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:02:14 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: May 06, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »

I had forgotten how annoying the second half of Symphony Of the Night is and am currently debating whether I should bother continuing with it.
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8225 on: May 06, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »

When I'm not casually playing CS:GO these days, then I play Total War: Attila: Age of Charlemagne in multiplayer.. I have played Total War since the first Shogun and Medieval in the franchise, basically went from this..

To this..

I must admit tho, that despite how pretty the game is, even the campaign map too, then it has become a bit of too much routine to execute the strategies after having played Total War for all those years. Looking forward to the most weird step they have taken so far tho, as they are now making Warhammer as a Total War game. A complete break from the historical themes Total War has always been about. Let's see how it pays off.

Here's a glimpse of this new game due to be released this month . and which I will probably soon be playing..

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: May 07, 2016, 12:53:55 AM »

I had forgotten how annoying the second half of Symphony Of the Night is and am currently debating whether I should bother continuing with it.
Play other castlevania games instead. Those GBA games need some love, Sotn feels unfinished and broken after Aria of Sorrow and DS games.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: May 07, 2016, 03:42:44 AM »

It's a better game though. The later ones feel like Pokemon with monster souls or furniture plus there's none of the interesting little details that felt like the developers stuck 'em in there 'cause they thought they were cool or for a laugh.
Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8228 on: May 07, 2016, 08:41:59 AM »

Currently playing Zelda: Link to the Past on my streaming channel.  After all these years it's still my favorite Zelda game!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: May 07, 2016, 08:53:08 AM »

Playing 999 and am loving it so far.

It's funny, I've always thought that I don't like visual novels but I'm starting to think that was just an assumption I had about my own tastes that has turned out to be wrong. Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games and now 999 has engaged me fully from the start.

I may have to make a list of visual novel games and start playing catchup.

It's a better game though. The later ones feel like Pokemon with monster souls or furniture plus there's none of the interesting little details that felt like the developers stuck 'em in there 'cause they thought they were cool or for a laugh.

Wasn't the monster souls thing only in like 2 of the 6 games? (I'm counting across gab/nds titles). I do agree that the monster soul feature wasn't that great in retrospect. I don't get what you mean by furniture plus though.

I've feverishly played sotn + the 6 portables repeatedly though. I'm hoping in about 5 years I can play the portables a third time and forget enough to enjoy them like it's the first time. That's never gonna happen with SOTN though. That game is burned into my brain.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: May 07, 2016, 03:11:25 PM »

Wasn't the monster souls thing only in like 2 of the 6 games? (I'm counting across gab/nds titles). I do agree that the monster soul feature wasn't that great in retrospect. I don't get what you mean by furniture plus though.
WARNING: EXCESSIVE USE OF ACRONYMS

Three actually (AOS, DOS and OoE) so it's 50/50. Four if you want to include the cards from CotM. The furniture thing was from HOD, the really bad looking one with the sub-NES quality music that made running around the Castle to furnish a room when Dracula was trying to revive again a priority.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: May 07, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »

aria of sorrow is my favorite metroid castlevania, even if SOTN is obviously more ambitious.
JWK5
« Reply #8232 on: May 07, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »

Been playing the new survival mode on Fallout 4 (PS4 1.6 update, 1.5 update others) and it is pretty awesome actually.

On one hand, you can only save when you sleep on a bed of some sort (or sleeping bag or whatever) so you pay dearly even for random screwups but on the other hand it is pretty liberating and generates a feel akin to playing Dark Souls.

A lot of simple mechanics changes unexpectedly changed the way I approach the game quite a bit. With each kill you make you build up a point of adrenaline (which bumps up your damage by 5% per adrenaline point), but if you sleep (save) you lose adrenaline. Sleeping is also the only way to remove cripple effects (i.e. catastrophic limb damage). I didn't realize how much of an impact that adrenaline boost is until the first time I slept and lost some of it. Because in survival mode you do increased damage and the enemies do increased damage being able to drop the enemies in a hit or two is almost essential. Whereas before with the prior difficulty modes I was kind of using some stealth but mostly charging in and blasting like crazy that don't work anymore, I discovered that when the group of radroaches in the beginning mauled me to death. I use stealth and cover almost 100% of the time now, especially knowing everything I've done hangs in the balance until I find a place to sleep (which can be challenging given there is no quick travel either).

Instead of stockpiling meat to get around normal food adding rads I now have to constantly save it to keep fed and stave off hunger fatigue. Instead of my purified water bottles being stockpiled for making adhesive now I carry some on me at all times to stave off thirst. Now instead of my town just being built as a storage locker to keep my stash organized having food to cook, a clean water source, the best bed I can build (since each bed varies in the quality of sleep you get and how many hours you can rest), etc. creating a town becomes more meaningful. Because your followers get downed more easily and will return to town if you leave them downed for too long I become a lot more concerned with them, no longer using them as human shields (or dog shields) and decoys.

In terms of just how I approach the game, it is like playing a whole new (better) game. I love it. The changes aren't huge but they are just right. Oh, and the deathclaws will fuck you up royally.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:40:36 PM by JWK5 » Logged
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: May 07, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »

WARNING: EXCESSIVE USE OF ACRONYMS

Three actually (AOS, DOS and OoE) so it's 50/50. Four if you want to include the cards from CotM. The furniture thing was from HOD, the really bad looking one with the sub-NES quality music that made running around the Castle to furnish a room when Dracula was trying to revive again a priority.

Wow I am totally drawing a blank on that in HOD. I'm going to have to replay that.

JWK5
« Reply #8234 on: May 07, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »

Guacamelee is actually a pretty awesome Metroidvania that reminds me a lot of Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest and The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (NES) for some reason. It has that exploration like Metroid and Symphony of the Night but it is more tight and focused. The art and setting are great, they tap into themes not often used. I think it's really worth checking out.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8235 on: May 07, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »

Playing Pocket Card Jockey, and boy is it fun. Never enjoyed Solitaire before (mainly because the only one I'd played was on Windows ME, I guess, and I didn't know how to play). Boy, it's like a puzzle game; you have to quickly figure out how the card you're on works with the ones in play, but also if you can chain certain ones together, depending on which cards you trigger. Triggering cards that don't go anywhere, but that leave "sorely missed" cards also seems to be a strategy. Plus the horse racing stuff is fun.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: May 08, 2016, 04:09:03 AM »

I actually realised that Sotn Inverted Castle kinda feels like a mod.
Weird recolors, insane broken abilities, weird unbalanced bosses - it all feels like its "Castlevania: Elegy of Bloodletting by xxxDarkSpiegelxxx" or some shit.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8237 on: May 08, 2016, 01:09:26 PM »

It's funny, I've always thought that I don't like visual novels but I'm starting to think that was just an assumption I had about my own tastes that has turned out to be wrong. Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games and now 999 has engaged me fully from the start.

hey, i am too! i'm very excited because all i've heard about VLR seems to indicate that it's even better. still don't know if i'm going to go for all endings or just go for the true ending for my third one. i'm also making a VN list. i've already got hatoful boyfriend, danganronpa and steins;gate from some vita sales, and i also need to finish ghost trick. oh, and i'm halfway through a phoenix wright trilogy replay. so much to play!!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: May 08, 2016, 01:52:29 PM »

stellaris aka paradox grand strategy IN SPEHSS coming out tomorrow afternoon. so pumped.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: May 08, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »

hey, i am too! i'm very excited because all i've heard about VLR seems to indicate that it's even better. still don't know if i'm going to go for all endings or just go for the true ending for my third one. i'm also making a VN list. i've already got hatoful boyfriend, danganronpa and steins;gate from some vita sales, and i also need to finish ghost trick. oh, and i'm halfway through a phoenix wright trilogy replay. so much to play!!

I've been hoarding some of the ace attorney game too! Still havent started them yet. Hatoful boyfriend and daganronpa I've heard a lot of good things about.

I just finished watching the steins gate anime. Do you happen to know if it's a retelling or something new?

I got VLR for vita on psplus a while back so that's in the queue too. I've heard there's a lot of endings for 999 and getting some involves replays. Hopefully if that's the case I can at least skip dialogue quickly enough.

I also still want to play the hotel dusk sequel now that I've heard it exists. Still trying to track down a copy.

I'm glad I recently left my job or I'd never be able to find the time :D

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic