Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:02:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902454 times)
halk3n
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: May 15, 2016, 03:40:06 AM »

uhm... from what i've heard almost everyone considers the gamepad integration the game's biggest flaw. what do you think is good about it?

Really? I would say that it is its greatest strength. I think pretty much everything is good about it. I would liken the gamepad experience to something like Virtual-On with the twin-sticks.
Gamedragon
« Reply #8261 on: May 15, 2016, 03:52:44 AM »

Dwarf Fortress 43.02 came out, it's pretty great. Also been playing in the Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tournament and been actually doing not too badly (for my standards). Stellaris sounds great, I'm definitely going to get it.

oooh just read the changelog. looks like toady is finally starting to integrate adventure mode with fortress mode for real now. maybe i should get back into the game.
The building is clunky but enjoyable enough, you should give it a try.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8262 on: May 15, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »

holy fuck god damn does uncharted combat still blow

they spend so much of the game giving you stealth options (honestly it's more required than an option because of how fragile nathan is) and then they remove any option of stealth in the last section and introduce armored enemies with chainguns(!) that take 3(!!!) fucking grenades to kill and then have two of those guys at once along with snipers and fuck fuck fuck that game. i'm very stubborn and won't drop down from moderate difficulty but holy shit i'm so close to just giving up. like, who thought that would be fun? at all?

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: May 17, 2016, 12:35:36 AM »

Put in an hour with the latest version of The Trailblazer which pairs well with Back To Saturn X. The biggest addition to this version is that you can upgrade your guns but only once, it's not really in-depth but it's notable because the upgrade for the minigun straight up sticks another gun on the side which is the sort of thing I can get behind (I wouldn't want to be in front).
Artifice Machine
« Reply #8264 on: May 17, 2016, 02:11:07 PM »

Always remembered playing parts of Bomberman 64, but never owned it to play through the whole game. Started playing an emulator version recently and it's pretty great except for maybe the boss fights. I did have Bomberman Hero, which was also fun but quite a bit different.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:18:15 PM by Artifice Machine » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8265 on: May 18, 2016, 11:08:51 AM »

im playing michael brough's new game imbroglio. it isa very good.
Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: May 18, 2016, 11:40:13 AM »

I am starting Dark Souls 3 after just beating Bloodborne. Wish me luck!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: May 18, 2016, 11:43:28 AM »

Started playing the last of us but I don't think i'll be continuing. The stealthy stuff is too tedious.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8268 on: May 18, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »

im playing michael brough's new game imbroglio. it isa very good.
it's so fucking good. my review going up tomorrow is basically just me rambling for 1200 words about how good it is

best game since dream quest

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: May 19, 2016, 05:58:24 PM »

the depth in this game is just mindblowing. i think it might be his best yet. takes the ruthless and tight positioning mechanics from 868 and takes them to the next level with the "deckbuilding" (gridbuilding?). i love how differently each of the characters plays too AND the whole "acoustic guitar for sound effects" thing is cute.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: May 23, 2016, 06:21:44 PM »

oh man, i have to say i kinda want warhammer total war. i've always been a little iffy on total war games, but it seems like this one is abandoning all pretensions of realism and just giving in to complete ridiculousness which sounds like a step in the right direction. and warhammer, which is one of the most over the top campy fantasy settings to begin with, seems like the perfect match for that.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: May 23, 2016, 07:58:49 PM »

The dwarves will remember that

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8272 on: May 23, 2016, 11:26:03 PM »

oh man, i have to say i kinda want warhammer total war. i've always been a little iffy on total war games, but it seems like this one is abandoning all pretensions of realism and just giving in to complete ridiculousness which sounds like a step in the right direction. and warhammer, which is one of the most over the top campy fantasy settings to begin with, seems like the perfect match for that.
Sounds like your prob with total war is in the battles. I never play those battles, they can easily take half an hour. It's like two diff games. So I always skip the battles. Winning a campaign can take days anyway.

I personally think total war warhammer is taking a dump on the entire franchise. You used to learn history in those games. Now it's like we have seen 4 seasons of Vikings over some 15 years, and in comes Harry Potter *ZAP* It's SEGA now, after all. But a ridiculous turn of events, in my mind. But I have never been much impressed with the so-called fantasy in fantasy. It's just a collection of ancient mythology which requires a minimum amount of imagination, because it's all stolen - all since Tolkien stole what he stole from the myths.

I'm gonna wait for a sale, gotta see that game anyway Tongue

Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: May 24, 2016, 12:25:09 AM »

Fiddling with the Alpha of A House of Many Doors. I don't like much the Sunless Sea-stlye UI, but the setting sure is charming.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
Grengghill
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: May 24, 2016, 02:05:50 AM »

I am playing Pirate Legend.It is a One Piece Game.It is fun and follow the story of One Piece.
I play it every day. The official website is legend.risengame.com
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: May 24, 2016, 02:27:20 AM »

Sounds like your prob with total war is in the battles. I never play those battles, they can easily take half an hour. It's like two diff games. So I always skip the battles. Winning a campaign can take days anyway.

I personally think total war warhammer is taking a dump on the entire franchise. You used to learn history in those games. Now it's like we have seen 4 seasons of Vikings over some 15 years, and in comes Harry Potter *ZAP* It's SEGA now, after all. But a ridiculous turn of events, in my mind. But I have never been much impressed with the so-called fantasy in fantasy. It's just a collection of ancient mythology which requires a minimum amount of imagination, because it's all stolen - all since Tolkien stole what he stole from the myths.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8276 on: May 24, 2016, 04:26:14 AM »

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY
But harvest was poor, sire!

You're not such a jolly good funny fella anymore once they take your universalis franchise and make "Europa Universalis Pokemon". And they WILL!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: May 24, 2016, 04:52:53 AM »

well iunno, paradox just made a sci fi grand strategy game and i like it a lot.
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8278 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:16 AM »

well iunno, paradox just made a sci fi grand strategy game and i like it a lot.
Sci fi could also work for Total War, WW3.. Would be awesome.

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8279 on: May 24, 2016, 06:36:55 AM »

I wasn't really gonna post this video because I put a snippet of some music on it which is copyrighted, so I kept it unlisted, but as things are, their label has found it anyway and claimed it now and put commercials on it, so I guess it's alright.

The game is Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro..

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic