Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:05:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903069 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: August 19, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »

I'm not
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: August 19, 2016, 04:05:09 PM »

not noctis

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8422 on: August 19, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »

please

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8423 on: August 20, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »

Also, how can I forget one of the major things this game is known for: the sanity effects. Going in, I knew about the effects that go meta and do stuff like say your disc is corrupted. While thinking this was a cool idea, I also thought I would find them kinda lame. I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of the sanity effects are less obvious, and actually mesh with the game quite well. There was one time that I legitimately didn't know a sanity effect was happening. Not to mention, a lot of them are actually pretty creepy.

Honestly, I almost had an aneurysm when the "Thanks for playing the Eternal Darkness Demo" screen popped up. I thought I was scammed, or something.
Hahahaha

My favorite was the text of plaques & books changing from simple historical descriptions to scenes of cannibalism - definitely didn't realize it was a sanity effect until I re-read them later. Well done.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: August 21, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »

I'm playing Scythe, the latest hyped board game.

It is very good. It's set in alternate history version of 1920s Europe with giant mechs (which is less cheesy than it sounds). It bills itself as "4X", but is more of a combination of area control and combo building with variable win conditions (the game uses an "achievement system, so there are a variety of ways you can win). Also despite the fact that it involves building and controlling giant robutts, it's not very combat heavy. Gathering resources efficiently to upgrade your shit is more important than fighting. You'll only want to fight another player if they control something you really need or if they are threatening your territory. Oh also it's much less complicated than it looks, moves surprisingly fast and lasts about 2 hours tops. Also there's an excellent and easy to play solo variant that is fun in its own right and doesn't just feel like a tacked on practice mode. So it's fun even if you can't get a group together.
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: August 21, 2016, 10:52:53 AM »

I spent the afternoon trying the game made for the One Button Jam, it was fun!
My favourites so far are Moven Aurum, Chainsaw dong, Minima21 and One Button duel. Good work everyone! Grin

I also recently bought Starbound. I'm hating a bit the combat system, but everything else is just lovely <3

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
halk3n
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: August 21, 2016, 11:00:07 PM »

So after playing almost every Bomberman game up to Bomberman Generations, I have come to the conclusion that Neo-Bomberman is the best of them all. Why? Because it is the last game that comes full-circle and returns the original "fixed-grid" layout whilst retaining the Zelda-clone experiments seen in '94, Super 2-5 and Saturn.

Super Bomberman coming in second.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8427 on: August 25, 2016, 08:10:50 AM »

Just Cause 3 is wonderful.
Still wonderful.
However, unless you like the leaderboard popups that the game offers, I recommend blocking JC3 with Windows Firewall. After doing that all the "ShadowTheHedgehog69 has beaten your grappling distance" warnings should cease to appear on your screen every minute or so. While I have 60 FPS most of the time, I heard doing this can improve FPS, too.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8428 on: August 25, 2016, 09:52:39 AM »

i played and beat Inside the other day, now that it's out on PS4. heck of a game, i think it's way better at limbo than limbo. mostly because it has an ending. and what an ending!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: August 27, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »

I played a bit of Poi, an early access steam game that tries to bring back classic 3D platforming (seems to be a trend as of late lol). It's competent and entertaining enough. Controls try to be a simplified Mario 64 but unfortunately movement and jumping feels a little stiff compared to the "original." It also uses the same setup with the missions and stars (here explorer medaillions) as SM64.

The biggest problem with this game is its lack of identity. The visual and audio aesthetic is cartoony and cute enough, but everything about it feels very generic. Combine that with gameplay that shamelessly borrows from other games (mainly SM64 with a little bit of newer zelda thrown in) and the game just fails to be stand apart from its influences in any notable way.

That said, if the control kinks get worked out, it could be a decent Mario 64 Lite when it's finished. I actually had fun with it even if im sounding negative.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: August 29, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »

I've been playing Suikoden also this old Windows RPG I spent like a year and a half doing a translation hack with someone for

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8431 on: August 29, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »

Just finished Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and it's still very good. The "parkour" is still pretty satisfying and I haven't noticed before how many references to the original game are there (lot of the textures, traps and objects in the background seem to be taken from there, the spikes in special are exactly the same). The combat feels a little dated, a lot of games built upon this system and improved on it (Assassin's Creed, Batman and of course, the other PoP games) so it feels a little weird and repetitive sometimes. But overall it's great, te rewinding time mechanic is not as impressive as back than but it's still cool to use and the gameplay and story are tied up pretty nicely. One little detail I like is how you fight against sand monsters and you use water to regain your health, nice symbolism.

So, still worthy.

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8432 on: August 29, 2016, 08:04:28 PM »

@Tuba - Prince Of Persia : Warrior Within - the sequel to Sands Of Time should definitely be the next game on your list Smiley . The story is nice with rare but memorable goosebump-moments, the atmosphere and fighting system are a lot better.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: August 30, 2016, 07:30:10 AM »

Warrior Within is the best Ubisoft Pop game in all ways. All of them.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: August 30, 2016, 07:31:46 AM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: August 30, 2016, 08:17:24 AM »

The prince's swords sure have sharp edges in that game
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8436 on: August 30, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »

Yeah, I've played Warrior Within when it was released, it pretty was good but the dark edgy tone felt weird. The soundtrack was really out of place. Sands of Time has some guitars but they fit well with the action and most of soundtrack has some calm and mysterious indian/middle eastern style.

Gonna play it again and see how it holds up though Smiley

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: August 30, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »

been playing wildstar lately, upped to max level to do pvp (which is quite fun) but it really feels like this video:

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8438 on: August 31, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »

Lok @bakkusa!

Playing Narwhale.io. I gave the creator my HTML5 gamepad code and they put it in. Voila.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8439 on: September 05, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »

i've played 14 hours of picross 3d 2 already

Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic