Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:01:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903338 times)
bittwyst
Level 1

Twitter: @bittwyst

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8500 on: October 01, 2016, 07:13:59 AM »

the mac port doesn't work anymore because the certificates expired Sad
Runman Race Around the World? Just tried it and it runs for me. If it makes a difference, I'm still on Yosemite.
There'll probably be a way to make it work anyway.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: October 01, 2016, 07:16:45 AM »

Apple is notorious for breaking compatibility. It's one of the many scummy things about them.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8502 on: October 01, 2016, 07:18:03 AM »

I can't open it either, even with the security settings set to open files from any source. (it even suggests to drag it to the trash — class act right here)
I'm on Sierra.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8503 on: October 01, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »

Wow. If that's how it works, it sounds like signing your Mac applications is actually worse for continuing compatibility, despite Gatekeeper's idiotic default settings that only want to open signed/App Store applications.

It amazes me that so few people see Gatekeeper as the ruinous thing that it is. Apple has made it subtly more invasive on each OS X update. Here's something extra that has to be done on 10.10 and later to keep it disabled: http://osxdaily.com/2015/11/05/stop-gatekeeper-auto-rearm-mac-os-x/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: October 01, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »

im trying to play runman windows 10 but audio is weirdly glitched. any fix for this?
PetterBergmar
Level 2

Animator by day, gamemaker by night. And fridays.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8505 on: October 01, 2016, 02:25:55 PM »

I'm playing FTL again but it's so hard. And I don't seem to learn. I must learn!! I also picked up the Witness again, but I don't remember what areas I haven't cleared so I'm stuck in a sort of frustrating way..

Twitter: @pbergmar
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8506 on: October 01, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »

im trying to play runman windows 10 but audio is weirdly glitched. any fix for this?
maybe running it in compatibility mode fixes it? (in Proprieties)
if you are running it from a mac, it might be a bootcamp problem.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: October 01, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »

maybe running it in compatibility mode fixes it? (in Proprieties)
if you are running it from a mac, it might be a bootcamp problem.

already tried compatibility modes. also im running it from a windows pc, not a mac.

does it work normally for anyone under windows 10?
ndnninja15
Level 1

I make games

View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: October 02, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »

I decided to get back into I Wanna be the Guy just for the hell of it. Game is a little frustrating but I also find it fun.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8509 on: October 03, 2016, 08:00:06 AM »

I'm playing FTL again but it's so hard. And I don't seem to learn. I must learn!! I also picked up the Witness again, but I don't remember what areas I haven't cleared so I'm stuck in a sort of frustrating way..

I decided to get back into I Wanna be the Guy just for the hell of it. Game is a little frustrating but I also find it fun.

+1 for these thoughts but with Caves of Qud. Seems fun, and I like the setting and concept, but dang if I can't make a viable custom build I like to save my life.

Haven't played it in awhile.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: October 03, 2016, 08:52:56 AM »

Haven't played it in awhile.

it gets a lot of updates and i think it's somewhat more balanced now
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8511 on: October 08, 2016, 05:57:01 PM »

Finished Obduction. Lovely game with some really clever layered puzzled. Lots of pretty scenery. Well worth playing if you can deal with slow pacing!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: October 12, 2016, 03:06:29 PM »

got back into stardew valley thanks to the new patch. yep still great.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: October 14, 2016, 04:59:43 AM »

I'm playing Dungeons & Darkness, a low budget Japanese doujin game. I was actually somewhat "hyped" for this before it came out because it's a King's Field clone. Not many of those around. Turns out it's actually more of a King's Field/Wizardry mashup which is fine by me. It uses a quest structure similar to something like Mario 64 where there are a couple quests in the same dungeon, but enemy placement and etc changes based on which quest you pick (there are multiple dungeons tho). I would have preferred a more "open" approach but I guess this makes the game more accessible.

So yeah, I'm not gonna lie, this is a freaking ugly and janky game with low production values all around and animations that are beyond laughable. BUT: If you're into the Japanese style of first person dungeon crawling, and particularly if King's Field + Wizardry sounds like a fun idea to you (and if you don't mind/enjoy KF's weird combat mechanics), this game is a ton better than it looks. There are actually some pretty cool dungeon designs later on, even if it doesn't reach the labyrinthine heights of its inspirations (at least so far). It's one of those games that really deserves a higher budget and more polished sequel.
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: October 21, 2016, 02:07:45 AM »

Back to playing Sleeping Dogs again (I bought it once on disc for the PS3 and gave the disc to a friend and bought it digital), they had it for sale for dirt cheap on the PS4 so I got it and Thief which was also on sale dirt cheap. I also got Darkest Dungeons for the PS4.

While I like Thief and Darkest Dungeons for some strange reason Sleeping Dogs remains my gaming comfort food (along with games like Dragon Quest 8 and Final Fantasy 6). Despite being a Grand Theft Auto-esque game I like it a whole lot better.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8515 on: October 24, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »

bought rise of the tomb raider for ps4. it's exactly what i expected and wanted: more tomb raider (2013). it's basically the most 8/10 game series i've ever played. boy, is it dumb sometimes. lara is a remorseless killing machine when you're controlling her but there have been at least three cutscenes in the early game where she could've killed the big bad, no problem. still enjoying my time with it, though.

thumper is also really good, but i haven't played it in like a week and i'm scared to go back to it.

PetterBergmar
Level 2

Animator by day, gamemaker by night. And fridays.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8516 on: October 30, 2016, 01:29:53 PM »

Telltales Walking Dead Michonne. More interactive fiction than game as usual, but hey, interactive fiction can be pretty darn good these days! The most immersion-breaking part of these games is when you die. As long as you stay alive it's like an interactive TV show. When you die it feels like a repetitive game on rails.

Twitter: @pbergmar
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: November 02, 2016, 01:38:22 AM »

Carmageddon: Max Damage cuz I got it free for owning Reincarnation. Where Reincarnation was an updated Carma, MD functions as an updated Splat Pack with novelty US election-themed modes where you get to run over Hillary and Trump (with blue and orange blood because of course) which is a good laugh for ten-or-so minutes after which you restart the game to get back to dismembering a larger variety of meat sacks. It's slightly more of what I consider one of the best updates to a game that I still find some of the funniest shit I've ever played even after all these years.
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8518 on: November 03, 2016, 01:04:56 AM »

Tower of Guns. Did not explore it enough to realize how good it was before, but gave it a second chance last week because of lack of shooters to allow my kid to play (without dismembering humanlikes all the time). We both got quite addicted. So many things to unlock!
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: November 03, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »

Finally got to play Zombie Night Terror (click for devlog)
Gameplay is lemmings, i'm 10hours into it taking my pace (doing the challenges for achievement) and i still have like 17/40 levels left to do.
There's another chapter (10 levels) and a level editor coming in the future.

Really worth playing if you like pixel art or zombies or lemmings.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic