Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:45:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903291 times)
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: December 01, 2016, 11:26:33 PM »

After murdering geese I frantically gathered every plant resource that popped up on my HUD map. In other words, I am loving this game so far.

I do have to say, despite some of the NPCs giving fairly banal tasks somehow the game does a great job at making them feel very engaging. Like the old lady and the frying pan bit, it should have been about as boring and pointless as can be yet the dialogue was great, the expressiveness of the characters sold it, and there was bits of intrigue weaved into it. The side-quests are very enjoyable which is something that is a rarity in games these days.

The combat is disorienting at first because I want to go at it in a Souls-like manner which just doesn't work, it is very hit-and-run (at least thus far). Once you get it down, though, you can really dance around the enemies to push them apart or push them together and set them up to be blasted by a wide fire spell. I recall someone here saying the combat was pretty bad in the game, but I am liking it.

I also picked up Life is Strange, they had the entire first season (episodes 1-5) for $9.99 on the PSN. I haven't played it yet but it was cheap and it looks interesting (I am guessing from the looks of it is going to be something along the lines of Indigo Prophecy or the various TellTale adventure games). I haven't played it yet but I will probably give it a go a little later.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: December 02, 2016, 04:03:29 AM »

I do have to say, despite some of the NPCs giving fairly banal tasks somehow the game does a great job at making them feel very engaging. Like the old lady and the frying pan bit, it should have been about as boring and pointless as can be yet the dialogue was great, the expressiveness of the characters sold it, and there was bits of intrigue weaved into it. The side-quests are very enjoyable which is something that is a rarity in games these days.

i know right

even if many of the quests are basically fetch quests, the game's writing makes you want to play them anyway.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8562 on: December 04, 2016, 07:51:42 PM »

I just finished Way of the Red. It was super great! Recommended to anyone who like fast-paced sword-swinging Metroidvanias. It's pretty short - I reached the end in about 3.5 hours. Steam achievements imply that there's a lot more to see, though, and there were some major choices along the way that could have affected the game if I'd made them differently. Definitely going to do at least one more playthrough to see if I can find everything.

Ark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: December 04, 2016, 11:28:02 PM »

Speed-running Sonic series Hand Any Key . Never played Generations before and so far... I have no idea if I like it.. Big Laff

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: December 07, 2016, 05:10:30 AM »

In celebration of Ubisoft's 30th anniversary, you can now download Assassin's Creed III for free on UPlay right now.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8565 on: December 07, 2016, 05:37:34 AM »

I wouldnt even use uplay if i was paid money for it
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: December 07, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »

I think SUDA 51's (who did not develop the game at all and is a supervisor-man for this specific project really) LET IT DIE is a good videogame and an example of everything good, and great, in this world.

If you would like to TALK about LET IT DIE, please send me a P (personal) M (message)

I have been playing it all day!

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: December 07, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »

I wouldnt even use uplay if i was paid money for it

j/k, can someone please pay me some cash dollars to play shitty videogames?
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: December 07, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »

I'll give u Rayman® Origins on uplay if you use uplay
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: December 07, 2016, 06:10:41 PM »

bought ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 for the third time and am playing it constantly. Such a wonderful and broken game.

I've decided to stop trying to enjoy street fighter 5 and just have fun playing fighting games again.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8570 on: December 08, 2016, 05:25:36 AM »

Is tekken 7 out yet

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: December 08, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »

Been playing Life is Strange and really liking it. Every time I play it my whole household winds up sitting down next to me going "Choose this! Choose that!" There aren't many games that can have that effect. It really is like watching an interesting mystery movie coupled with a relaxed adventure game geared more towards investigating and exploring the small details of your world (the main character tends to give personally-oriented thoughts on almost every little thing should you interact with them). I couldn't really get into the TellTale games but this one (published by SquareEnix) has got a hold on me (and my household).

You can buy all 5 episodes of the first season rather cheaply ($10). If you're looking for a chill but engaging experience I highly recommend it.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: December 09, 2016, 05:20:15 AM »

Is tekken 7 out yet

I dont believe it's out in north america yet. Not sure about the other regions.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8573 on: December 09, 2016, 01:47:26 PM »

Dungeon Warfare, by the saem developer of Dojo Slash on mobile.
Decent tower defense game.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: December 11, 2016, 10:42:33 AM »

gravity rush on the vita sometimes the camera and controls are a bit wonky. when it's not, the game feels great but then all of a sudden the camera decides it hates you.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: December 11, 2016, 05:17:27 PM »

nevermind i fucking hate the game it's shit the controls are shit it's designed like shit

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: December 11, 2016, 05:25:30 PM »

gravity rush is legit one of the most boring games i own

i still hate myself for getting a vita.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: December 11, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »

yeah the first hour or two of gravity rush gave me a little hope and then it just kept going downhill.

i had some ok times with the vita, but now danganronpa is on pc and soon ps4 and tearaway+gravity rush on ps4 (even though i didn't like either) so there's pretty much no reason to own one. all i played were enhanced ports like muramasa and persona 4 golden.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: December 11, 2016, 06:05:07 PM »

what about soul sacrifice?
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: December 11, 2016, 08:22:38 PM »

i still hate myself for getting a vita.

blasphemy