Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:35:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903463 times)
MaD_ego
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8640 on: February 10, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »

I am playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (The first chapter)  Smiley
D.Va
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: February 11, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »

I've been playing Overwatch waaaay too much. That, and Gravity Rush 2. Smiley
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8642 on: February 14, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »

An open source game I love

Camping with Jetpack in a base move gone wrong

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:12:52 AM by quantumpotato » Logged

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8643 on: February 19, 2017, 03:15:30 AM »

Been playing INSIDE. I absolutely love how the mechanics I've seen so far incite this genuine sense of fear and absurdism. Just like in LIMBO you get the classic horror chase, but not too spoil too much, some puzzles surprised me in a very similar way of horror. I'm not sure if it's the mechanics itself or the atmosphere that achieved it, but so far it's a step up from LIMBO.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8644 on: February 21, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »

I finally finished Virtue's Last Reward after a couple months of on and off play, and wow, that is one buck wild game. I've got a lot of thoughts on it, but I'm on my phone at the moment. But holy shit. That game.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: February 26, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »

Hollow Knight is an insane & cute metroidvania. Really enjoying it so far.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8646 on: February 26, 2017, 08:54:08 PM »

I've been playing through Megaman X and really enjoying it.

Also started playing Shadows of Adam.  Really great JRPG throwback.  Does a good job of capturing the feel and writing of 16-bit JRPGs without becoming a parody.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: February 28, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »

I played some of the new River City Ransom game and it's alright, pretty fun once you get going which took me an hour or so which is not alright, ten minutes tops is all it should take to get used to a beat-em-up. Some stuff really sucks though like it only accepting xinput controllers and the Move List section on the pause menu not being totally helpful and having to buy too many moves which also have character level requirements before you can buy 'em and that fucking missed grapple animation being a bunch of fucking bullshit. It's asking a lot from me.

EDIT: Christ, I am about to punch this game in its stupid fucking face for all the annoying bullshit it's putting me through.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:28:58 PM by Türbo Bröther » Logged
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: March 04, 2017, 08:38:23 PM »

Battlefield 1
The health system is complete bullshit, I literally had a guy wander by with his head level with my gun barrel and I emptied nearly a full clip of the assault rifle into his head (complete with blood splashing) as he just casually turns through it all and shoots me once with the same gun and I die. Bullshit like that is a frequent occurrence. Also, trying to be a medic in public games is a lost cause because people force-respawn themselves before you ever get a chance to revive them and that is probably due to the fact that most medics won't actually bother healing or reviving anyone, they play the class for its rifle. Other than those gripes, it is a pretty fun game. Blowing open buildings to either reveal a sniper or bury them in the building's collapse is pretty awesome and I love running with the tanks repairing them and hopping in shotgun to gun people down with their side-turrets. The sound, graphics, etc. really add a lot to the experience (and the ragdoll bodies of course add comedy).

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: March 05, 2017, 06:33:21 AM »

Idk if you've heard about it but im playing this obscure indie game called "the leg end of zelda". it's some really wacky stuff.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: March 05, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »

RE 1 HD, Nioh, Everybody golf 6(I think), overcooked. It's been a pretty fun week Smiley

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: March 06, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »

Poly Bridge is really fun and relaxing to play from time to time

https://i.imgur.com/kzJNXDs.mp4
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8652 on: March 07, 2017, 03:41:31 PM »

I traded No Man's Sky with a friend for The Last Guardian and I really like what I've played of TLG so far. I guess it's a good litmus test for how I'll handle BotW's frame rate issues, and they really aren't bothering me here. Trico is seriously impressive and I actually kind of dig how clunky the movement is. I'm also really excited to play Near A Tomato when it comes out on PC next week.

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: March 08, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »

Well I traded No Man's Sky in at GameStop and now I am almost halfway to being able to afford something off the value meal at Burger King.

Also, I have been playing Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls again (I had it on PS3 and it was recently on sale or PS4 so I decided to give it another go). I forgot how rapidly the game oscillates between awesomely addictive to boring as shit. I wind up riding that wave of extremes for weeks until tedium finally wins out and I have to put it down for good. I am not sure if that makes it a good game, a bad game, or where along the spectrum it falls. It is like a game built on distilled indecision mixed into a bittersweet cocktail of repetition ad naseum, but you can't stop drinking until it makes you puke.

Also, on occasion you wake up the night after in bed with a random stranger.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:32:16 AM by JWK5 » Logged

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8654 on: March 08, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »

Well I traded No Man's Sky in at GameStop and now I am almost halfway to being able to afford something off the value meal at Burger King.

You might wanna use eBay if you're gonna sell somethin'. I would never sell anything at Gamestop again - way too little value.

MaryInterGalactic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8655 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:19 AM »

I like to playing some fantasy games  Tongue

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8656 on: March 09, 2017, 07:44:31 PM »

Spyro 2, it's been a while since I've played but it's surprisingly easy and short if all you do is rush to the end of levels. I guess that's due to a combination of it being a kids game and knowing everything from playing the game so much.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8657 on: March 10, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »

i beat the last guardian last night. i really liked it! the final big combat sequence kind of sucked, but hey, team ico has never been good about that. all the performance gripes are way overblown imo. it never really impeded my enjoyment of the game. i'd rank it above ico and below shadow of the colossus. trico really is an impressive accomplishment though. i really felt for the big guy.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: March 12, 2017, 02:32:51 AM »

I got around to beating the new River City Ransom game that was shitting me. There's some sections that infuriated me further because I only wanted straight fighting and it broke away from that too much (also they suck) and the last boss really sucks and isn't something that I want to see in a game of this type. When you're beating up punks and you've developed your stats enough and fleshed out your move list it's a hell of a lot of fun but there's just too much stuff that bugged the shit out of me that I can't see it any more than a borderline six/seven out of ten game. Now I can go back to playing games that I enjoyed more and leave it to rot in my Steam library.
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: March 12, 2017, 03:16:32 AM »

thats what you get for whitewashing videogames by some rando americans and not releasing Super Hot-Blooded Rowdy Kunio: Kunio's Elegy in english.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic