Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:05:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902340 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: June 06, 2017, 03:22:39 PM »

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: June 06, 2017, 04:56:32 PM »

Injustice 2. I've pissed off a lot of friends playing this game already :X

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: June 06, 2017, 05:26:53 PM »

32 hours into Rain World and counting. I've put it down in frustration so many times but it keeps drawing me back. Probably not even halfway complete honestly.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: June 09, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »

- Arms is very good and nuanced
- disgaia is great but It's only the demo
- still playing BOTW, give me more open world and up port xenoblade x and chronicle on switch Bitchtendo

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: June 09, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »

Tekken 7: Loving it, but realizing how much I loathe the segmented D-pad of the PS4 Dual Shock controllers (had to switch to the analog which takes some serious getting used to).

Dying Light - Enhanced Edition: I loved the Dead Island games and this is the next step up. It is ridiculously fun playing 2 or 3 players. The powered-up dropkick is comedy gold.

Persona 5: Still absolutely loving this game. One of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8745 on: June 11, 2017, 04:46:14 AM »

Top 100 > top 50 > top 10 > Rank 5 in Dojo Slash iOS within a week.

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: June 11, 2017, 09:33:04 AM »

As a time killer, I play GT Racing 2 on my mobile. Yesterday got rank 17 in an event. Wish I could get to top 10 Sad
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: June 13, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »

Tekken 7: Loving it, but realizing how much I loathe the segmented D-pad of the PS4 Dual Shock controllers (had to switch to the analog which takes some serious getting used to).

Dying Light - Enhanced Edition: I loved the Dead Island games and this is the next step up. It is ridiculously fun playing 2 or 3 players. The powered-up dropkick is comedy gold.

Persona 5: Still absolutely loving this game. One of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

Also playing tekkens 7 and persona 5 Smiley

Tekken 7 : I thought I could play this with a console controller because of the 4 buttons. Switched to a fightstick. I was surprised to see a 4 button game having such a big need for a fightstick.

Super fun game. There's a fight club at work that kind of disbanded when it turned out SFV is a garbage fighting game but now everyone is coming together again with Tekken 7 Smiley

Persona 5 : I'm playing this with my partner so the hardest part is scheduling. I love the UI and transitions in this game. Time melts away when playing this game.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:31:12 PM by InfiniteStateMachine » Logged

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8748 on: June 18, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »

I spent an hour trying Rain World recently...and wow, I haven't absolutely hated a game experience this much in years. It was an extremely bad time. The movement system made me feel like I had very little control over my character, and I kept getting killed by things I had zero chance to react to and losing all my progress.

Apparently this game is strongly polarizing, and I guess I've landed in the "hate it" pole. If any of you have had a good time with it, what's the story? How do you make it a pleasant experience?

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8749 on: June 18, 2017, 09:39:22 PM »

I just plain don't mind "unfair deaths" death in games and rain world offers creature AI, interactions (I'm a fan of monster infighting in games), animation and variety in behaviour and design that's so good and unique that the rest of it could be terribly designed and I'd still play. I'm also 100% on board with the idea of figuring out interactions and space of possibility through experimentation because completely understanding a game means it's now dead. I greatly enjoy feeling lost.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 07:41:51 PM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: June 19, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »

Recently decided to fire up Titanfall 2 again and I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've been enjoying myself. I put it down like two weeks after buying it out of boredom, but the new (free) DLC finally lured me back in. Its hard to respect the depth this game has at a cursory glance. Titans aren't like scorestreaks a la CoD; if you drop your titan at the wrong time or in a bad position, it can easily get wasted. I've recommitted to understand how the game works, and I'm having a blast.

No ranked mode also means its easier to keep things chill, and the progression system is a simple hybrid of FPS ideas that scales very nicely even into the later "prestiges."
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8751 on: June 20, 2017, 02:38:03 AM »

I spent an hour trying Rain World recently...and wow, I haven't absolutely hated a game experience this much in years. It was an extremely bad time. The movement system made me feel like I had very little control over my character, and I kept getting killed by things I had zero chance to react to and losing all my progress.

Apparently this game is strongly polarizing, and I guess I've landed in the "hate it" pole. If any of you have had a good time with it, what's the story? How do you make it a pleasant experience?

I remember when I saw Rain World on TIGSource, the enemies AI were very interesting, the pathfinding very belivable.

I never played it, but I saw some Let's play and reviews, the game is a bit unbalanced and so frustrating, enemies can kill you if they are hidden inside the tubes, and they can follow you even if you change several rooms (causing player to "backtrack" too many times).

I think that a bit more of playtesting during development could had saved the game from this frustating experiences.

Games:

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: June 24, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »

Unexplored is all the fun of being stung to death by giant wasps in the darkness without having to leave your house. And being trapped in a room with gargoyles and no obvious way out. And falling off a bridge into water and flailing about whilst fish nibble at your toes and the myriad of other ways to die. It's also got excellent mapgen, if you think that mapgen sucks you should really give this one a go because this is seriously the best so far. I hear that there's a Steam sale on right now. It also helps that each floor of the dungeon is pretty small so it's not going to eat into your time too much.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: June 25, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »

unexplored is also basically just brogue in real time (this is good btw)
Karin E. Skoog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8754 on: June 25, 2017, 04:42:41 PM »

I just picked up AI War: Fleet Command. I read that the AI for that game is supposed to be really good.

Also enjoying SteamWorld Heist.

A "digital nomad" indiedev, traveling across Asia! Globetrotting Blog

@GoldenMooseCo
@BorneoGame
@KarinESkoog
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: June 25, 2017, 08:00:49 PM »

unexplored is also basically just brogue in real time (this is good btw)
That too. You know, I don't throw the term 'Roguelite' around willy-nilly but in this case I really think that it applies here since it's more like a lite version of Rogue than any other game I've paid attention to. Berlin Interpretation be damned, this pretty much shows that you can do the genre in real time (with pause) and not feel like it's straying far from the path. It's pretty fantastic.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8756 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:48 PM »

I've been working my way through else Heart.Break(). It's fantastic. The programming interface and various toys I've found around the world give me nearly enough power for it to feel like a sandbox game, but it seems to be built to accommodate that quite comfortably. Although there have been quite a few times when I've had no idea what to do to advance the story, the city is packed full of interesting things to find in every little spot. There's certainly some jankiness (finding a camera angle that lets me see anything is sometimes a real challenge), but most of it just makes the game more endearing - the developer clearly didn't waste time trying to paper over all the weird situations I'm able to land myself in, and has seemingly instead focused on making the good parts really good instead. I've done a lot of sequence breaks by accident, which I would imagine is the norm for playing this game.

Highly recommended for anyone who likes wandering in a vibrant world, programming, tinkering with things, or just weird experimental games!

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8757 on: June 30, 2017, 05:15:17 AM »

I am playing Dishonored 2.

The level design is very good, you can approch the objectives in many ways, the story is interesting and the atmophere is very great. I don't like the ugly PC port (black screen on Alt+Tab, bad scaling performance, UI navigation bugs etc.)

In the screenshot the new Clockwork Soldier.

Games:

Marcin_Tomala
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8758 on: July 07, 2017, 12:47:55 PM »

Overwatch and Diablo 2, both in 2 players with my Girlfriend, while we're not working on Redum Of Sun ( give it a look on it's thread and IndieGoGo ongoing crowdfunding: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61660.msg1342949#msg1342949 Wink )

Overwatch is great if you want to spend some energy on gaming. Diablo 2 is great if you want to regenerate some energy on gaming. Wink

Check out our badass work of art, Redum Of Sun! -> https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61660.msg1342949#msg1342949 <-
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: July 18, 2017, 04:02:16 AM »

Mostly playing Ever Oasis on my 3DS because I'm a sucker for relaxing games about nice people doing nice things. Looking forward to Yonder as well.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic