Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:24:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903610 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8820 on: August 26, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »

How the fuck is yakuza this long
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: August 26, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »

Sega does what Nintendon't
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: August 28, 2017, 01:41:20 AM »

i actually find it really charming how visibly games like yakuza 0 and nier: automata are bursting at the seams against their budgets. more games should make these kinds of compromises imo. maybe they already do and i dont play them.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8823 on: August 30, 2017, 10:27:31 AM »

Playing Prey right now. I'm enjoying it! But I'm clocking in 25 hours of play time and it's still going... I mean, it's not really a complaint but I'm satisfied and just want some closure lol. If the game had ended 10 hours ago I would be pretty happy.

Zanktus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8824 on: August 30, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »

Got a closed beta access to Dissidia NT today and started playing right now. The controls are very close to the psp one, so it feels nice so far Smiley

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: August 30, 2017, 12:28:23 PM »

put my play station back in the box
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8826 on: August 31, 2017, 12:00:21 AM »

I hadn't played it YET, but consensus in the design fan community (yes there is a community specifically dedicated to learning and perfecting the sonic school of level design) is that it's the best one so far. Also they are free from the 16 bit limitation, that mean longer level and more ambitious set up.

The thing is that more than other platformer, sonic is all about the level design, extra actions and power up are more little sugar than main modifier or key to level design, becausee the level design is already rich in itself. Sonic is already a bit "3d" in that you constantly shift between a hidden foreground and background (2 lanes) unlike other platformer that keep you on one plane, that's why there is loop de loop (lane shift), the fact that level stay readable despite this lane shift (for example when a bumper send you in another lane with a different slope (chemical plant do that a lot) and you can't access the other lane anymore), is a testament of the sophistication of the designer. Mania expend on that using the legacy of fan games who explored specific level design consideration.

I think boss design look a bit too rough:
- because they changed the formula (for the better but ...)
- some don't communicate what to do as greatly as they should
- some have pacing problem
- they are quite unequal among themselves, some are clearly better than other
I personally like it, they become little puzzle to figure out, too much predictability bores me now, but the designer in me can see the flaws. Also they are all super creative and surprising, it does go all other the place though.

Have you heard the soundtrack?

I still have to play the new Sonic (the PC versione came out the 29th), and I am very excited because it all started by 2 very talented fans. True, the level design is very complex, expecially if you compare it with Mario Bros, but personaly I do not like the fact that the camera is too close for the run speed you have, and so it seems that the game asks to the player to memorize the level, something that I do not like  because it can start a trial-and-error on the player side.

Games:

Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8827 on: August 31, 2017, 03:26:41 AM »

I recently discovered 'Human Fall Flat' through the Humble Bundle.

I will now buy a hard hat and overalls and dedicate my life to walking around wiggling my butt as if my ankles didn't work.

Also, sticky hands, but I already had those.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: September 02, 2017, 03:41:00 AM »

The parts in yakuza where you're running through a giant building beating insane amounts of ass: really good
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: September 02, 2017, 12:14:03 PM »

sky rogue is good. it's basically an ace combat/rogue squadron type game with procgen and some trendy "roguelite" mechanics thrown in. the roguelike part has some design weaknesses (encourages grinding the early levels) but the actual flying and shooting part is fun enough that i don't care.

everspace is the same sort of thing except in 6DOF shooter form. it's also quite fun.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: September 02, 2017, 02:18:06 PM »

I "get" yakuza now. I'm gonna become one of those weird guys that won't shut the fuck up about yakuza and buys all the games 70 times. Brb
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: September 03, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »

Absolver. Fuckin' Absolver.

I am absolutely loving this game despite its hiccups here and there. The best way to describe it is God Hand + Dark Souls + Journey. You basically go through a 10-ish hour "story mode" where you run around taking out specific targets which gets you enough gear, new moves, etc. to get you ready to start taking on other players in duels. The world has that kind of seamless multiplayer like Destiny does (unless you are dueling) so you can often find other players popping up in your world fighting AI opponents and you can either help the AI pummel them or help them pummel the AI (or other players) and form a co-op party with them on the spot. As much as I like Tekken 7, I think Absolver is really closer to what I am looking for in a good fighting game, something more along the lines of Bushido Blade. Going around the world learning new fighting moves from other players and enemies and then putting together a move set (something akin to the WWF/E games on the N64) to challenge other players with is an absolute blast.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: September 04, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »

I still have to play the new Sonic (the PC versione came out the 29th), and I am very excited because it all started by 2 very talented fans. True, the level design is very complex, expecially if you compare it with Mario Bros, but personaly I do not like the fact that the camera is too close for the run speed you have, and so it seems that the game asks to the player to memorize the level, something that I do not like  because it can start a trial-and-error on the player side.

Okay, I'm always interested in the opinion of people who don't get the game instantly, I would like to see where the game would be improved, but it generally sound like people who play FPS the first time and complain they can't aim (that was me on console shooter, damn sticks), or people who can't slide in mario kart (that's my sister), you need some trial and error when you shift paradigm, I can't play soccer game control are too complex, I can't parse the screen, etc ... Also my opinion of trial and errors being bad is when the game outright kills you and you have to start over, sonic is super lenient with the ring mechanics, I didn't knew the stage, but I knew the paragdigm, I can parse the stage (the game spells out when you will be in trouble) and have the right reflex (I own the game on switch now, refunding the pc version soon due to denuvo DRM), but if you play it like a mario you are going to headbutt every part of a level, and slope will get on your nerve.

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: September 05, 2017, 05:15:40 AM »

I am absolutely loving this game despite its hiccups here and there. The best way to describe it is God Hand + Dark Souls + Journey. You basically go through a 10-ish hour "story mode" where you run around taking out specific targets which gets you enough gear, new moves, etc. to get you ready to start taking on other players in duels. The world has that kind of seamless multiplayer like Destiny does (unless you are dueling) so you can often find other players popping up in your world fighting AI opponents and you can either help the AI pummel them or help them pummel the AI (or other players) and form a co-op party with them on the spot. As much as I like Tekken 7, I think Absolver is really closer to what I am looking for in a good fighting game, something more along the lines of Bushido Blade. Going around the world learning new fighting moves from other players and enemies and then putting together a move set (something akin to the WWF/E games on the N64) to challenge other players with is an absolute blast.

Sounds like the kind of a fighting game I'd like to try. Is it a paid game?
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8834 on: September 05, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »

Google it, dude~ (To answer your question, yes, Absolver is $30.)

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8835 on: September 06, 2017, 02:26:28 AM »

If you cut out all the insane Japanese stuff, added a jump button, and made the different stances separate characters then you could make a modern streets of rage game with yakuza assets really easily
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: September 06, 2017, 03:00:17 PM »

Sounds like the kind of a fighting game I'd like to try. Is it a paid game?
Yeah, it is $30. I am absolutely loving this game, it basically takes Dark Souls' emphasis on positioning and Bushido Blade's emphasis on stances and marries them with WWE No Mercy's/Fire Pro Wrestling's (N64) combat lexicon (slotting different moves to different stances and combos) to create this awesome fusion that somehow works amazingly. I love how you are constantly tweaking your move sets against the move sets of other players trying to create that perfect style (which you can then create a school and pass down to other novice players). The whole experience is well worth the price tag and it has overtaken Tekken 7 as my daily fighting game day-starter.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: September 06, 2017, 03:52:07 PM »

If you cut out all the insane Japanese stuff, added a jump button, and made the different stances separate characters then you could make a modern streets of rage game with yakuza assets really easily

I think Maybe you'll like Yakuza: Of the end (although gunplay is strong in this game, brawling is still an satisfying option...)

While the new 3rd person shooting element of this Yakuza spin off could have easily been the main focus of the game on its own. I’m happy to report the return of what made Yakuza so popular in the first place; Streets of Rage style street brawling.

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: September 06, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »

Why did they make the shooting bits third person when it should be like House Of the Dead instead?
Squire Grooktook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: September 06, 2017, 10:40:09 PM »

I realized I had an old free Android lying around, so I decided to give Fate Grand Order a try.

It's alright.

The battle system is fun, and I appreciate that smart play can carry you through some difficult fights. I think it lacks variety though. In fact, the gameplay as a whole could use something extra beyond battle > VN segment > battle > repeat.

The writing is hit and miss...mostly miss. I appreciate the presence of a genuine story at all though, since it pushes you forward and gives you something to connect to.

Ultimately it seems like it can be fun, but I don't think these slot machine games have enough payoff considering the time and addiction they ask for in return.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:45:48 PM by Squire Grooktook » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic